Just a quick teleport suggestion

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, at the moment for everytime you teleport it leaves behind an after image. Imo the first time you teleport when you teleport more than once in a certain time frame, thats where you should leave your only after image, after than every other teleport until you stop teleporting for more than 1 second or something (rough guess) should leave 1.1 style effects(improved though) like speed lines making it harder to see the oponent.

watcha think?

Best answers
Yeh, I find myself fighting after images quite often and it can get quite annoying.

Good idea

Best answers
Yeah it would be more DBZish and more avantageous

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah that's a good idea, I like the blurry lines (zwee lines as I call them), very DBZ, Afterimages were scarcely used in DBZ, only DB and the end of DBGT.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eh, I myself like the afterimages more, becuase they make it harder to read teleports. The blury lines were cool, but afterimages are much better. I say keep it the way it is.

Best answers
The after images IMO make it easier to read teleports. I can tell exactly where someone is going just because of it. With "Zwee" lines they would be harder to follow.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well... that was the point of the suggestion... and its much more like dbz >_>

Best answers
Indeed, they only used after images a few times - in pretty much every battle they used normal teleport. I still vote for a teleport sprite(?) that I used in my big melee thread. They shouldn't have to last 5 seconds but probably longer than 1.1's is better.

Best answers
After images are pretty cool though, if you teleport just on the last moment, your oponent will probably lose his focus(and his swoop!) for a moment, just enough to give a nice painful hit on his head.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe if you had after-images when you were a set distance away so that you only get them when it actually has a chance of fooling you. Like if you're 30 units or less away then it leaves an afterimage, anything more than a 30 unit distance shows zwee-lines. It would be possible seeing as the lines/afterimages are clientside dependant.

Best answers
I support the "zwee lines" idea. ESF is all about DBZ, as long as it gets more DBZish, its fine. After images isn't realistic at all and that wasn't used in any of the Dragonball Series.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
after images were used to make it harder to find the enemy in dbz, one after image would stay in place while they would zanzoken (zwee lines) somewhere advantageous to them. Hence why i think they should only have one after image, then the zwee lines untill you stop teleporting, it'd make teleporting more realistic, and make it more useful, after all that damn ki used for sequential teleporting i'd rather they didnt see the path you left behind.

Maybe if that doesnt take your fancy, the higher your powerlevel compared to your enemy the less after images you leave behind, yet you can see their after images, seeing as zanzoken is just fast movement, and at times in dbz people with higher powerlevels could see the movement clearer it'd make sense. I dont know, i just dont like afterimages they look tacky and arent very dbz-ish

Best answers
DracoHeart said:
After images isn't realistic at all and that wasn't used in any of the Dragonball Series.
Umm... Have you even seen the entire series? After-Image was used a fair few times, for example, the Cell Games when Cell used the Kienzans on Goku. Goku left afterimages to make it look like the disks went right through him.

I'm with the whole "distance dependent" idea Ravendust mentioned.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
Yeh, I find myself fighting after images quite often and it can get quite annoying.

Good idea
you can't hit them , ther'e not a player or anything , so how cna u fite them and kill em , (lol)

on topic , i wouldn't mind seeing htose lines and a little flash , gives you oppent a sorta stun feeling (enemies in close range of u , not a "blinding" flash , but u get the picture

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember thiese boards before 1.2.
"OMG AFTER IMG WILL BE SO C00l!!!11"
"Gimmie after images"
"AFTER IMAGE PLEEEEEEEEEEESE"
"After img suggestion" -have the after img go less distance then the zaioken

And now you guys are asking for the origonal ones. Well, I do agree. The suggestion sais that your first teleport will be afterimage and the rest will be the zaioken. So this makes is easier to run away instead of chasing a trail of crumbs, you are chasing a trail of dust in 10 miles per hour wind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom