Jumping backwards

Best answers
Well, maybe I am an idiot, maybe I'm wrong, but when I try to jump right-back it doesn't work, while other directions (back, left-back) work!

The character just doesnt jump.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
That could be due to a problem that many older keyboards had. After a certain number of keys are held down, it doesn't send a signal to your computer when you press another key.

I forget the techincal reason why that happens. :x

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I cant hold more than 3 keys on my keyboard at once (and ESF still get a signal from all 3). I stll do great.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah but he's able to left-back jump, he just cant right-back jump, its the same number of keys :O

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
davidskiwan said:
yeah but he's able to left-back jump, he just cant right-back jump, its the same number of keys :O
That's the part that is weird. If you hold, for example, A, B, and C, then you can't push X, but you can push Y and Z. It's weird. There doesn't seem to be a pattern.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It happens to me and my keyboard is brand new (3 keys max or it beeps). Really annoying :S.

Best answers
Yeah I have that beep also and if I press the shift key 5 times in a row within 3 seconds it gives me some stickky key message that interupts my game and I still havn't been able to turn it off. But I agree with the key limitations to keyboards. Exactly what kind of keyboard do you have?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
To fix that, go into your Windows XP control panel, and open up Accessibility Options. In the Sticky Keys section, press settings.

Uncheck the box that says "Use shortcut", and that's it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I just use mouse to jump... gives me one more free key to use with combies...
right click=jump , mid click=altfire , left click=fire;
easy enough imo!

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My last comp had an issue with the D key as well. I couldn't ever move backwards, right, and tele at the same time, and I think it had to do with the D key because it worked with A going left. It really is annoying, but you learn to get around it. It isn't an ESF thing, it's a ... some other thing. To test it, go to your desktop or to a word program and try holding S, D, shift, space, and something else. You *should* get a beeping sound coming from your computer after a little while because it can't process that many commands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom