JOINING PROBLEM!

Best answers
We have 2 computers at home.. And we want to play trough lan esf with each other.. But there is a problem.. When i make a server .. there is no problem . But if the other one wants to join it says.. Connection failed: After 4 retries -_- And the same thing happens if the other pc creates a server.
Plz help!

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We have 2 computers at home.. And we want to play trough lan esf with each other.. But there is a problem.. When i make a server .. there is no problem . But if the other one wants to join it says.. Connection failed: After 4 retries -_- And the same thing happens if the other pc creates a server.
Plz help!
Are you using Steam?

Best answers
Yes but not with this game, but there should be no problem with joining each others servers..
Game: Hl1 and i think it works with WON or sometin (im not sure if its helpfull)

Best answers
does it have to do with firewall or someting? just a guess:scared:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're using the latest version of ESF (ESF 1.2.3 or ESF 1.3 Open Beta), then you need to use Steam.

If you're own the same network, then I don't think the firewall would be the problem (I'm not too sure though).

Best answers
hmm... ;/ :smile: thnx MC
is there someone who can help me more?
sooo...it is possible to play against each other when you have 1.2 not 1.2.3 without steam?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmm... ;/ :smile: thnx MC
is there someone who can help me more?
sooo...it is possible to play against each other when you have 1.2 not 1.2.3 without steam?
It's possible, but it's against the forum rules to explain how.

Besides, Steam is better for online play then WON (in my opinion).

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have two comps, too. Once I got the similar problem, and I resolved it by going this way Play On Lan> Create> Advanced Options> (chack Lan)> PLAY.
And @MC: Hows that possible I played ESF before without Steam nor WON.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have two comps, too. Once I got the similar problem, and I resolved it by going this way Play On Lan> Create> Advanced Options> (chack Lan)> PLAY.
And @MC: Hows that possible I played ESF before without Steam nor WON.
You played without either of them? I don't think that's possible.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is. I got Steam, when I heard it exist on this forum. I played it 2 yrs without Steam NOR WON, Just installed HL1 and ESF 1.2.3 with ECX and played just like that.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is. I got Steam, when I heard it exist on this forum. I played it 2 yrs without Steam NOR WON, Just installed HL1 and ESF 1.2.3 with ECX and played just like that.
DOH! ...Half-Life originally used WON... *smacks forehead and shakes head*

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How the Won looks like? Maybe I had it but didn't know. Really, ain it strange?
Well, practically nobody uses WON anymore, so it might be kinda hard to find a screenshot. Ask some of the Steam haters around here, one of them might have a screenshot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom