Jack Thompson is still an unholy douche

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In the entire time I've been a moderator, I haven't had to close a thread here for getting too far off the topic; let's not make this the first. Stay on point, please.

Best answers
Zeonix said:
People start yelling at a television screen while playing Halo. Is it because he failed a test, or is it because hes pissed off that he just got killed, and then humped?
You basically disprove your own point. If they're shouting at the TV, then they're taking their anger out on the game, not real life. You're quite short sighted if you think that it's the game its self that's causing them to get pissed off. I know if I ever get worked up about a game it's because other things in life have pissed me off, and I know that if I wasn't getting pissed off at a game, I'd be getting pissed off at a person.

Bottom line is, all these arguments against video games are pretty much complete bull****. Even if video games do cause anger or aggression (which in some people they quite possibly do) they do it no more than a harsh film or certain kinds of music. People like Jack Thompson seem to refuse to believe that the world is such a **** hole because of human nature - something has to be to blame.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, did you guys read that article from horizon? (the first link on the thread)

It's amazing how the media completely fabricated details about the suicide... saying he went on a webcam to kill himself, citing that they used a "metalgearsolid.org admin" as a source when they had actually just interviewed a designer who worked in the same building as the designer for metalgearsolid.org... wtf? What grubby-handed little ****. It just shows how corrupt the media/journalists can get just to show off a juicey story...

Best answers
This guy is a ****ing dyke. Why the hell does this guy think that gaming contributed to his suicide. He just so happened to post his suicide note on a gaming forum and that means that gaming made him commit suicide? What a douche bag.

This "jack" dude needs to get laid and stop stereotyping and concentrate on the other things that cause violence on the planet, like gang wars or some other **** that causes violence that I cant really think of right now, ;)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Thompson wants one thing: Attention from the public, through the media. Accordingly, he'll use every "gaming related" tragedy to his advantage. He doesn't have to be right--people just have to think he's right. The more of a stir his assertions cause, the more publicity he gets--and the more he 'wins.' Because he's able to use the publicity with people who won't verify what he's saying is the truth--it becomes more currency for him with the 'moral, traditional family values' populace--which turns into political power for him if he ever wants an elected position.

The best solution to the 'Jack Thompson problem' is to completely ignore him, and not let him get under your skin.

nge

Best answers
Disturbed people or emotionally challenged people tend to be this way before the said game. The game can be a means of buildup of "x" whereas x represents the said problem, but they're rarely the cause.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm so mad imma go play cs.

Best answers
Everytime i read Jack ****s name somewhere it pisses me off. I've never even met him and he annoys me just that much. (ZOMG MUST BE THE GAMERS RAGE!11one)
I think the reason he's so anti-gamer must be because some little kid beat him on Xbox live or something. XD
And using religion to support him is even worse. -_-.
I say we need to get the pope to support video gaming!

Best answers
Well, I held off until now. I actually did a paper on video games relating to violence/scuicide/aggression etc. The results: It's totally up to the people who play them. Games have almost zero relation to what Jack is trying to pin on people. Yes, they do increase heart rate and adrenaline, but that does not make you want to go out and kill yourself, or harm others. In fact, violence and scuicide rates have gone down ever since violent games have been introduced to cultures around the world.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
Following the seeming trend of recent online suicides, an American gamer named Mitchel, better known as 'Kuja105' on the MetalGearSolid.org forums posted a suicide note. Administrators tracked down his phone number to talk him out of it but it was in vain. Overwhelmed by financial and educational troubles he took his own life with a mixture of painkillers and antifreeze.

Enter everybodys favorite disgraced lawyer, Jack Thompson. Apparently not content with being on the losing end of every damn games-related dispute and nearly having his licence revoked he strolls amid the mourners and grievers and posts this;

Essentially; "**** that guy. You're all wasting your lives anyway." Never misses a trick does our Jack. What the hell is he trying to prove aside from his own bat**** insanity?

Full Story here and here.
Wtf's wrong with this guy?

betterman

B
Funny how people make such a big deal about video games when there are SO many more ****ing ways people are ****ing up their lives. Also i loved how he sliped in the jibe about how gamers dosn't know how to use a dictionary, Yeh! for another ******* taking someones misfortune and useing it to further their already lost battle.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Why does someone always have to bring religoun into things when its got NOTHING to do with games.

meh... just ingnore him, hopefully hell get a life and go away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom