It's in development, our first time machine.

Best answers
I'd give anything in the world to go back in time to ace tests etc :p

Make those crucial decisions that get you promoted in the workplace :X

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hopefully the technology will be made EXCLUSIVE to responsible government agencies like those in the United States and kept far away from public use. I shudder at the thought of it being in the wrong hands. Temporal-Terrorism; it would be nightmarish. One can only hope that people know enough not to **** with things and avoid using the damned thing if it's not absolutely necessary. Redoing tests, rectifying mistakes. Get real. Sure, you could, but anyone with half a brain could tell you that allowing the public to access time machines would be catastrophic. God knows what that could to to the Universe. Paradoxes would run out of control when dumbasses don't take the proper precautions. Hopefully PEOPLE won't be able to be sent back, only objects or signals. I hope for only the latter, because all it takes is for some jackass to toss an active grenade into the temporal vortex and blow the guy on the other end to kingdom come.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Responsible government agency like those in the United States? Sir, why do you hate humanity?

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how dropping something in the machine will make it go back in time.
If you dropped something in there, wouldn't it just fall straight to the bottom?
Last I heard, we don't even have lasers hot enough to melt chocolate.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I always thought that it would be impossible to travel far into the future since the future hasn't happened yet. However, that statement is based on the assumption that nothing is predetermined. I feel somewhat the same way about traveling into the past. The past has already happened, so if you go back and change something, it wouldn't make any kind of impact on the present you came from. It could possibly change the course from which that point in the past is heading, but assuming that nothing is predetermined, you wouldn't be able to return to the present you came from. So, basically you're doomed to only travel backwards (that's if you don't decide to stop). This is also assuming that the multiverse theory is true.

Now, if things were predetermined, then that would be something different. Since everything is already laid out, you can freely go into the past or into the future. This is where it gets complicated. If you were to go back into the past to change something, then everything that has happened beyond that would have to change reflecting the change you made in the past. This is assuming that the multiverse theory is false.

Hopefully the technology will be made EXCLUSIVE to responsible government agencies like those in the United States and kept far away from public use. I shudder at the thought of it being in the wrong hands. Temporal-Terrorism; it would be nightmarish. One can only hope that people know enough not to **** with things and avoid using the damned thing if it's not absolutely necessary. Redoing tests, rectifying mistakes. Get real. Sure, you could, but anyone with half a brain could tell you that allowing the public to access time machines would be catastrophic. God knows what that could to to the Universe. Paradoxes would run out of control when dumbasses don't take the proper precautions. Hopefully PEOPLE won't be able to be sent back, only objects or signals. I hope for only the latter, because all it takes is for some jackass to toss an active grenade into the temporal vortex and blow the guy on the other end to kingdom come.
We have a long way to go before we develop a time machine.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Responsible government agency like those in the United States? Sir, why do you hate humanity?
Oh? And I suppose you know a country more qualified? God I hate US bashers. Grates at my nerves...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A) I'm an American.

B) The American government is NOT America. We, the people of the United States, are America. Don't forget that.

C) Why would you want any government to have control over a device that could potentially destroy us all? As a matter of fact, I can think of a government, nay, a country more capable and more trust worthy than America. Switzerland. Sweden. They haven't tried taking over the world, and they're always neutral, and I know they're not going to spend 20 billion dollars on black projects involving sending modern weapons to soldiers in the year 1700 or some crazy crap.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Germany, Japan, Russia, and China.

actually on topic, I don't believe we'll ever invent a time machine, and if we did, it would essentially be useless since it wouldn't effect our timeline, but rather an alternate timeline. but hey, what do i know. whose to say that our timeline wasn't affected by someone from another timeline

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One time machine, coming up.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If time traves to our past were possible, it really doesn't matter who gets the time machine in his hands.
If the multiple universe thing is true, they can do what they want in our past, nothing will change.
If it affected out timeline, it wouldn't matter because nobody would conciously notice the changes.

But time travel for humans is impossible IMO. Objects? Maybe.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, there is another time movie I remember. Austin Powers. But, did he go back or forward, I don't remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom