💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's not really any options with HalfLife... just adjust resolution. heh

Best answers
Actually there is......
In 1.1 you can go : multiplayer, customize, advanced

Best answers
I like 1.1. Kinda...

I have a P4 2.53ghz pc with 512 mb of ram and a 64 mb video card.

Im not whining, just mentioning that the framerate is slower in 1.1.

Best answers
yeah, i noticed that map lags a bit..

the thing with lag .. i can't really tell, cuz the official servers are damned with hlbooster!! when i go to a cs server running hlbooster it says server running at 200 and something fps, on the official esf server it runs at 57 fps!!!! and besides there are about only two official beta 1.1 servers. i can't judge untill they get rid of the booster, but right now ping is worse than before.
or maybe there is something wrong with the linux version??!!!?!?!

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I think you people are forgotting that this is still a BETA... Beta's aren't ment to be 100% perfect you know... if you don't like it, go and install 1.0 again.

Best answers
i think you are forgetting that the team needs our input to improve for the next version ...

🍂 Regular
Best answers
That's true, and I didn't forget that, ofcourse the crew needs our imput to make ESF better then it is already.

Anyway, I did not experience anymore lag then usual it might be my machine or my connection...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're all probably also forgetting how unstable installing a mod over an older version is.

And you're probably all forgetting it resetting the vid settings.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'll give it a shot now.

Best answers
Only 1 more year till we see this in a retail version so people cant stop using the 'its beta' excuse. *coughs*

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Originally posted by Scorcher2k
If your fps are lower get a better computer...
not everyone has money for a new pc. i have a good pc , atleast enough to play esf. but it seems my fps are getting lower whit 10fps whit 1.1 :\

Best answers
i still get 100 fps constantly and still the same pings to same servers as 1.0 O_O. and seriously if ur comp cant handle half life mods such as esf u need to think about upgrading or getting a new comp .
my comp isnt all that great . athlon 1800 with a gf4mx 440 . it runs all hl mods perfectly, runs bf1942 and others perfectly . and my pc would probs cost like less than 1000 Australian dollers now ( less than 600 US) so i really dont knwo whats stopping yous from upgrading. it has to be done sooner or later.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
thats not it.. it seems the ping is just fine. but 1.1 is lowering my fps to 5-15. first i had around 20 to 40.. now 5 to 20.

V'

Best answers
I was playing a server with more then enough people to play with. The FPS went through the floor and at one point I had 1 fps. It was a small map,but still the problem remains. I experinced no lag at all and was able to do a three hit combo. Its a good release just need to iron out the bugs and some animations need to be fixed.

Best answers
5 - 20 fps ? skrydier what the ?? what r the specs on ur comp ?

jo

Best answers
I played for so long and nothing happened its FINE!!!!

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Originally posted by eaz135
5 - 20 fps ? skrydier what the ?? what r the specs on ur comp ?

i got:

1000mhz, 512mb Ram, and a geforce 2 gts

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I get 10-40 fps.

Pentium 4 1.6 Gigs
512 MB Ram
GeForce 3 ti200

Sometimes my game just crashes completely...

Best answers
60 fps
Amd Athlon Thunderbird 1.4 Ghz
256 MB ram DDR
gf 4 m4 440 tv out...
Runing at better performance, best quality beams and all that stuff, 1024x768....
ultraPerfectCel, i guess your problem is soft, drivers.. etc

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Scorcher2k
If your computer was good then 15-20 fps shouldn't matter. Plus ITS A GOD DAMNED BETA!!! STOP WHINING ALREADY!!!
Scorcher you are asking for it man... these people are calmly and cooley trying to tell people about their experiences with the new beta, and you're sitting here playing God like you know everything and have control over the forums. Look: Not every computer is the same. Some driver configurations and cards handle different games and graphical issues differently. Don't you dare tell people to upgrade their computers because my own damn computer is only a year old, and everything was new when I got it. Geforce3Ti500 card, AMD 2000+ processor, etc., and my framerate hit the damn dirt with this latest patch.

Don't be disruptive. Don't flame other people for trying to be calm and explain their issues productively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom