It does lag more, doesnt it ?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
See my thread on lag and FPS issues in 1.1. Adjusting your config files with the proper commands fixes all issues. Mine ran like crap too, until I re-tweaked my autoexec.cfg and config.cfg files. The new CFG has a lot of clutter in it that appears to be specifically aimed at a mid-level nvidia card's capabilities. Above or below that and it ****s the bed. Adjusting settings (such as the ati-specific settings in the config.cfg and autoexec.cfg) will repair the issue.

Best answers
i played more since the last post ..

i got a good ping on some servers .. so this means the bad pings i got were the servers' fault, there almost aren't any linux dedicated servers!!!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Sonic Boyster
Scorcher you are asking for it man... these people are calmly and cooley trying to tell people about their experiences with the new beta, and you're sitting here playing God like you know everything and have control over the forums. Look: Not every computer is the same. Some driver configurations and cards handle different games and graphical issues differently. Don't you dare tell people to upgrade their computers because my own damn computer is only a year old, and everything was new when I got it. Geforce3Ti500 card, AMD 2000+ processor, etc., and my framerate hit the damn dirt with this latest patch.

Don't be disruptive. Don't flame other people for trying to be calm and explain their issues productively.

QSD

Best answers
Originally posted by lost
it's completely unstable (the windows version that is) it keeps crashing my pc... and others 2...
idd, errors that occured:

hl freezes and not even alt+ctrl+del wants to work
hl freezes but I can get back to windows
hl crashes and xp gives an error has occurred and therefor shutdown
hl returns to windows like nothing ever happenned

hl2 might handle the new esf, sure you're not going to redo it :p
j/k I know u don't want to unless it can go without much work

Best answers
the config edit help my game lots, my fps in about 40 and fairly stable and my comp isn't great

900AMD athlon
500 and something RAM *not entirely sure how much*
128 Rage Pro GFX :-$ lol

thanks for the help Saiyan

Best answers
audioslave to check your ram right click on my computer and click properties. It will show you there
Im running an
AMD 1800+
512ddr ram
radeon 7500le
64 meg card
running on 800x600
I noticed for me the fps seemed to get better when i installed the patch. From 40-60 in 1.0 to 60-80 in 1.1

im going to get a constant 100fps using saiyans guide :D

ty saiyan

Best answers
Have you guys tried the tweaks that I think Saiyan Pride put up? My framerate went up a lot after doing all of that stuff. And try cl_dusstrails 0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom