Is this our forum?

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
3th week? Second actually, and I added a Movie of the Moment yesterday in the MoTM Thread.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I saw it. still is it enough to keep a comunity together?

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes but is not much of an update considering that we had no openbeta for aprox. 6 months! (i'm not trying to be a jerk).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's what you get, make the best out of it.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
yes but is not much of an update considering that we had no openbeta for aprox. 6 months! (i'm not trying to be a jerk).
This is within reason :).

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damaera yes its what we get, I wasnt complaining so dont answer like i am....I like the drawing on the top of the forum website with goku, picollo, gohan and trunks. I hope you make more pics to keep it more animated :p

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
And there goes my last shot at trying to knock some sense into our moderators. If they even have the right to be called moderators anymore, since no one is doing anything whatsoever about the rules, despite them being broken several times on a daily basis.

Face it, since Pain left, this forum nearly descended into complete anarchy. He's the only one among you who actually bothered to enforce the rules to their fullest extent. I doubt most of you even know every rule by heart.

Randomity, cynism, sarcasm and blatant disrespect are what marks these forums now. Nothing else. There hasn't even been an Open Beta update for almost half a year.

After what I saw tonight, clinging to this dying community is a total waste of time. So I'm just going to stop bothering with you guys.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You walked yourself into this path. You first tried to get me fired, and then you got banned by trying to prove a point. I don't know why you have so much hostility towards me, but whatever.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And there goes my last shot at trying to knock some sense into our moderators. If they even have the right to be called moderators anymore, since no one is doing anything whatsoever about the rules, despite them being broken several times on a daily basis.

Face it, since Pain left, this forum nearly descended into complete anarchy. He's the only one among you who actually bothered to enforce the rules to their fullest extent. I doubt most of you even know every rule by heart.

Randomity, cynism, sarcasm and blatant disrespect are what marks these forums now. Nothing else. There hasn't even been an Open Beta update for almost half a year.

After what I saw tonight, clinging to this dying community is a total waste of time. So I'm just going to stop bothering with you guys.
Thank you. Do us all a favor and leave. Your negativity ****s with my mojo.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come on Nix that's a little harsh, even disrespectful.

Dzamija, I know this place can get frustrating- but you can hack it man, push through.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Come on Nix that's a little harsh, even disrespectful.

Dzamija, I know this place can get frustrating- but you can hack it man, push through.
No, joining the chatbox to do nothing but complain about a person becoming a mod, stir **** up and spam is disrespectful. He said he was leaving yesterday. He didn't. I'm hoping this time he follows through.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hope this community does nothing but grow, why must you be so negative nixy?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At least I'm acting how they want me to now.

"Nice" and all that jazz :p

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

I probably knew the rules better than Pain did, considering the fact that, for the past 4 years and change, I've been one of the people responsible for interpreting the guidelines in any number of situations (ie: an admin).

Believe me when I say that I wanted to enforce the rules just as much as they were when I was first promoted, but after the community became inaccessible for a period of months, both the community and the staff I help lead pushed for leniency in order to help the community come out of its twilight. That, regrettably, opened the door to such gems as the spam thread, and several of its unholy offspring. Not long ago, I started to take a hard-line stance against such threads, and, without mincing words, I took a lot of **** for it, but I still try to nab as many of those threads as I can (I'm still waiting for justification of why we needed a thread asking why "chicks dig giant robots").

As for sarcasm and cynicism being popular elements in posts; that's a function of the people who are still active. I can't warn and ban people because they have a sense of humor relying on sarcasm, nor can I warn and ban people because they have adopted a cynical outlook. If extreme cynicism should be punished, then so, too, should extreme optimism in order to balance things out. When the sarcasm and cynicism cross into the realm of blatant disrespect, then the issue becomes one where I (and several others) will feel compelled to act.

Lord knows, though, that we don't have all the time in the world for the forums, nor do we see all and know all (there's a lot to sift through in a day's worth of posts); we rely, in part, on the community members to bring their issues forward through email, private messaging, or the "Report this post" button. In addition, and I am not meaning to be condescending or disrespectful at all, but the more detailed you can be, the better - stating only that things have gotten out of hand, while true in some respects, doesn't make things any more simple for us to handle. I, for one, haven't heard any of your issues brought up in private, so I wonder if the people you contacted are still active or are inclined to discuss the issues that are troubling you.

I digress; the rules are still enforced, but we have been, to an extent, backed into a position where it is no longer a matter of simply warning every spammer and letting every goofy topic nail someone's coffin shut. We don't have an enormous community any more, and I don't think it's reasonable to systematically reduce the community to the dozen or so people who never skirt the line.

...and, to be fair, Pain, while a very vigilant watch on the forums, tended to be the master of catching sigs in violation of the size limitations. After he retired, I didn't find the staff any more or less intent on targeting other infractions, though I will point out that I'm probably going to have to sift through a ton of sigs over the next while, now that I think about it.

EDIT - And if it pains you to be genuinely respectful, warren, let me know. I'm sure there are other arrangements we can make to ease your, apparently, overwhelming burden of kindness.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain was power hungry, he loved people thinking he was the ****. I'm sorry if I come off as a **** for saying that, but they aren't even my words. I heard a slew of rumors after he left that changed my opinion of the man completely (not that I particularly liked him to begin with, but I respected him at least). But I believe the rumors due to the sources they came from. Maj knows what I'm talking about, I believe, we had this discussion on AIM a while ago.

I like the forums the way they are now. Dare I say it, they're, hmm, "fun" or something. I don't think I could ever go back to the stricter ways of the past. I mean hell, most of us are friends outside of these forums and have been for a long time, so it's kind of stupid to punish us for offhand comments to each other about things we think is funny, which I see a lot and don't even think twice about because it'd be retarded. Not that I'm a mod, but still.

Dan, if you're going to leave, I wish you the best of luck, but that's all you can do if you don't like the way things are here now. But if you're staying, stop pissing and moaning every time someone leaves a bad taste in your mouth, all it does is bring the community down.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As for Pain, he made a choice to deliver an ultimatum to the forum staff, and more specifically to me.

Because he and Magus did not get along, he decided to leverage his usefulness against Magus' position. If I decided to not fire Magus for being woefully inadequate as Head Moderator (as he put it, only in less freindly terms), then he would resign. I'm sorry, but if I had no cause to fire Magus previously, then there would be no cause to do so to retain someone who was active constantly (I will give him that). I have no intention of firing moderators, or any other staff members on ultimatums.

So there is your heroic epitome of moderation, Pain, the black mailer. Truth hurts, but there is little that can be done about it. Pain chose his ego over the forum he cared so much about.

If this gets out to you Pain, as I'm sure it will, remember that I told you I would not be swayed by ultimatums, and you have no one to blame but yourself.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

Let me make a revised version of my first post.

What the hell is wrong with you? First you come into the Chat Box all pissy that I became a moderator for it. You claim that I'd abuse my powers, I've been repeating myself, more than two times explaining that I've been nothing but fair to everyone, and I'd never abuse it. You kept denying it. Later some other people come in, screw around, being sarcastic to each other, and I don't know if you were either lying that it was hurting your feelings to get somebody in trouble, or you were just unable to tell it was sarcasm. You were getting offended when we weren't even talking about you. Then you try to make Synth or someone do something, which I have no idea what it is. Then to try to prove a point, you were spamming, which forced a higher rank to ban you. Then you come on and make a post.

I'm sorry, but do you honestly expect people to be nice to you when you come on a Chat Box all moody because something you don't like doesn't go your way? You come on to try to prove points that I hate you, which I don't. To be honest, I disagree with a lot of people, but I never said I hated them.

I honestly feel sorry that I decided to allow this "friendly conversation" to continue when I told everyone to stop. It ended up getting someone banned. I guess everybody makes mistakes. I don't understand why you hate me as well, and you're going to "get me fired" by complaining to an admin because something didn't go your way.

If you want to move on and leave the forums because you got banned from a ****ing chatbox, then fine. None of us can prevent that, or your "emo anger" that everyone has been calling it in this thread. I tried to be nothing but nice to you, but you denied it. I'm repeating myself right here, but it got you banned for trying to prove some point that I do not know. And now you're leaving the forum because of it? Honestly, come on Dan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom