Is there anyone that still hasn't watched all of DBZ here?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is related to the "DBZ Coming Back" thread. Seems to me that some people are getting riled up for no reason. Is it possible that there is someone here that still hasn't watched every episode of DBZ? Just wondering.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't watched every episode of DBZ.

Mainly, the Garlic Jr Saga, and beginning of the Android Saga... oh well.

Best answers
There's quite alot of Dbz I haven't seen (I've read the Manga), but thats because I dont watch edited dub episodes, and the latest boxset has me depressed.

I want to be able to purchase all of Dbz, Full screen and Bilingual, none of this "remastered" widescreen crapola (with up to 25% less image!)

Thanks Funi, for mastering the new dvds in widescreen "Oh but its HD!" you say?, no they mastered it at 1080p, then it was scaled down to 480p.

When Funi eventually do an actual HD release, its not like you're going to get any extra detail out of a show that first aired in 1989, and it will still be in ****ing widescreen.

Funimation work extra hard, they make sure we get a craptacular dub and crop the show because they couldnt be bothered doing a real remastering job.

And that is why I'll probably never see all of Dbz, unless I can get my hands on some bootleg Dragonboxes.

End fanboy rant.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never seen much of DBZ except about 1/2 through Frieza Saga.

I've watched almost all of DBGT though

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The last parts of the Android saga I missed, or saw glimpses of it like 7 years ago. I'd say from whre Piccolo fights first stage Cell all the way up to where Tien fights Cell is what I have not seen.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Started with the beginning of Z on CN in the 90s' some time, then got all the episodes (Japanese Subtitle) on VCD, via eBay, and all movies. Then I went on to read the manga of Dragon Ball, following the Z manga.

I've seen over 600 episodes of Dragon Ball [series]... and over 100 of those episodes at least 30 or 40 times.

Dragonball's been the biggest inspiration in my life.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have not watched all of Dragonball.

But I have watched all of Dragonball Z, along with all of the movies.

I have watched all of Dragonball GT in Japanese, as well as the GT Special.

Best answers
I've seen over 600 episodes of Dragon Ball [series]... and over 100 of those episodes at least 30 or 40 times.
600??? wtf. There are only 153 + 276+ 64 = 493
o_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of curiousity, how exactly has it inspired you?
Don't ask dumb questions. This is the internet. Why do I have to tell you? Sorry I think it's a dumb ass question. But ****; the characters and a combination of things; the elements. Faulconer's music...

600??? wtf. There are only 153 + 276+ 64 = 493
DB: 153
DBZ: 291
DBGT: 64

DB/DBZ/GT movies [total]: 17

So maybe not 600. Just feels that way after you watch everything. More like 1,000.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ive only seen a couple eps of android saga-cell saga. Ive seen frieza saga like 3 times and buu saga once. I never saw the saiyan saga either.

There was one summer I watched all of the Freiza saga thinking the cell saga would be next, but instead they restarted it again. I was so pissed.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I watched the Saiyan Sagan and the Namek Saga about 50 billion times. They used to give it at 5 am on WB 11, and then on CN when I got home from school. They seriously just replayed those two parts over and over and over for what seemed like years. Then one day, I turn on the channel and the voice for toonami is like:

"May 12 (making up a date)....

"HYAAA!!!!"

"FRIEZA!"

"Brand new episodes of dragonball Z...."

"Daddy!"

"Goku, take me now!"

"But Bulma, I'm married to that other chick! This isn't right! Oh...oh god...aww yeah..."

"No one has to know, Goku"

"Oh! Oh! I'm cu...."

"TOONAMI!"

I was excited because I thought I'd be seeing a super saiyan for the first time. Turns out there were 100,000 episodes between Goku's fight with Recoome and the ascension. I stopped watching when Frieza announced there were only "5 minutes left", because I knew when he said 5 minutes, he actually meant 12 weeks. My friend called me when the big day finally came. I reenacted that transformation scene for a good week. Then I kicked my own ass, to make up for my asshattery.

Good times.

But yeah, DBZ is a piece of ****.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't ask dumb questions. This is the internet. Why do I have to tell you? Sorry I think it's a dumb ass question.

Out of curiousity, I am curious to why it's a dumbass question =X

"Inspired" is a very broad term. Hell I could say "Know what, South Park really inspires me". Now I don't know about you, but I would have no idea what I mean by that, but if I said "in terms of comical satire" or "the prosperity of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's animation career", then it would make sense.

Don't know why I just did that. Call it a quirk on wanting things clear, if you will.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Out of curiousity, I am curious to why it's a dumbass question =X

"Inspired" is a very broad term. Hell I could say "Know what, South Park really inspires me". Now I don't know about you, but I would have no idea what I mean by that, but if I said "in terms of comical satire" or "the prosperity of Trey Parker and Matt Stone's animation career", then it would make sense.

Don't know why I just did that. Call it a quirk on wanting things clear, if you will.
I could see South Park inspiring you to do another animation.. perhaps for comedy purposes. But I don't see why you can't use the word here. If you see or experience something that develops your creative mind, and compels you to want to accomplish something I'd say that's inspiration. I said I don't have to share anything... that's about it man. Sorry.

Best answers
http://www.wordreference.com/ defines inspiration as, "arousing to a particular emotion or action."

So did Dbz invoke some powerful emotions?, Cause you to spring into action and create your own cartoon about super space monkeys?, or did it just cause you to become..aroused?

Perhaps if you dont want people to ask questions, you shouldnt bring it up in the first place?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
There is no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid answers.
And I have watched every episode, own all the DVD's and movies... Except 1, Brolly returns. And am hoping for it to pop-up somewhere, so I can grab it.

I have also watched all of dragon ball, plus its movies, and all of GT and its movie.
Now I wish someone would get the rights and do a live action movie, they have the technology, but it seems as thought the closest I can get to a live action movie is The Covenant, they're magical ball thing's remind of Dragon Ball Z somehow...

Best answers
I'v watched all of Dragon Ball x3, Dragon Ball movies, DBZ x4, all DBZ movies x2 & allmost all of GT ( i hate GT ).

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen more than 1.5 eps of DBZ.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone remember DBZ morning specials? They'd show DBZ sagas voted by the public all morning. However Toonami had an annoying chat service blocking half the screen.

I've seen and own all episodes of DBZ also. Isn't my life great?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom