Is it to late to have more Beta Testers?

Best answers
The reason i asked is becuz,I wanna b one of the game testers too, i've seen all of the gameplays
and all of them were awesome.
And i didn't wanna ask what time the final is coming out.That,I thought it would b offensive.
But anyway can I b a beta tester

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Its never too late to be a beta tester, but the testers are generally chosen from long term members of our community.
So you should stick around and show your support. Oh and welcome to the forums. :)

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Not sure, but I think he may have a point. Would development go faster if there were more Beta Testers at this point?

Swag
🌈 Beta Tester
👮 Moderator
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Not sure, but I think he may have a point. Would development go faster if there were more Beta Testers at this point?
Depends on the quality of the testers, if they are able to spot things previous ones haven't and make decent reports. It's mainly on the development's side... the testers just discuss balance they don't speed up the development in "reality"

If I'm wrong please correct me.. I've heard things a little left and right and I have my own picture in my head so :p

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Depends on the quality of the testers, if they are able to spot things previous ones haven't and make decent reports. It's mainly on the development's side... the testers just discuss balance they don't speed up the development in "reality"

If I'm wrong please correct me.. I've heard things a little left and right and I have my own picture in my head so :p
Actually as far as I know beta testers are given tasks to do. They are not just play randomly herping derping around till they find something.

I will give you an example: They finished a model, lets say Goku. They will tell you, test the damage the spirit bomb does from x angle. Check if the model's not breaking after flying in x angle. Check the damage you get from x angles. Check if the game/server crash after you do x combination etc etc.

Thats pretty much how testing works. Its not something random and thats why they are looking for guys with patience and knowledge of how beta testing works. You need a little experience for that thing.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually as far as I know beta testers are given tasks to do. They are not just play randomly herping derping around till they find something.

I will give you an example: They finished a model, lets say Goku. They will tell you, test the damage the spirit bomb does from x angle. Check if the model's not breaking after flying in x angle. Check the damage you get from x angles. Check if the game/server crash after you do x combination etc etc.

Thats pretty much how testing works. Its not something random and thats why they are looking for guys with patience and knowledge of how beta testing works. You need a little experience for that thing.
When I was an active tester, most of the time I pretty much just loaded the game up and tried to think of ways to break it. I had a lot of success with that. Every week there was a tester meeting where they might give you specific stuff to test, or occasionally a coder would tell you something to test, and there was always a list of bugs that were most likely resolved but needed to be tested to make sure they were actually fixed, but yeah, being able to break the game without direction was important for finding new bugs.

I think professional beta testers in the industry are usually given small slices or areas of the game to test. For example, maybe they'll have to play the same level over and over again.

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
When I was an active tester, most of the time I pretty much just loaded the game up and tried to think of ways to break it. I had a lot of success with that. Every week there was a tester meeting where they might give you specific stuff to test, or occasionally a coder would tell you something to test, and there was always a list of bugs that were most likely resolved but needed to be tested to make sure they were actually fixed, but yeah, being able to break the game without direction was important for finding new bugs.

I think professional beta testers in the industry are usually given small slices or areas of the game to test. For example, maybe they'll have to play the same level over and over again.
Well I've never been a beta tester myself, I know what I know by what some friends told me, when they were beta testers themselves on some random games few years ago.

Hmmm so in esf you go most of the times without direction.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The team pick friends and people they know, so good luck with getting a beta testing position.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
The team pick friends and people they know, so good luck with getting a beta testing position.
Wouldn't that mean the quality of the testing is potentially limited? I mean, how many pro or even experienced beta testers can a person know? Also, by speeding up development I meant that obviously the more people are testing the game at any time, the more chance for bugs to be found and eventually squashed in a shorter period of time.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's also a matter of trust in who gets picked. We've had problems with previous testers leaking versions out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom