Is ESF Dying?

SSJDUDE

S
Is ESF Dying? Or worse DEAD?
Ok Im curious what u people think...
Personally I think ESF started to Die after Redsaiyan shut down, and i dont really play it anymore. Mabe in part that i dont like DBZ anymore... But I just wanna know what you guys think.

P.S. please dont tell me welcome to the forums... I never posted anything under this name before, but i have been reading these forums for over a year.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
ESF isnt dying! 100% it isnt dying!
progress is shown in the main site more then once per 2 weeks
(usually!)
there are a lot of servers
(not as much as the known mods such as CS
cause not all love dbz or know esf,
but a normal and good amount!)

EVM is out which is a Mod for the
ESF mod(sub mod maybe? }B-P )
and EEA which is kinda same with
some changes and additions will be out soon too!

in the big hosting sites there are
many new dls available each day!
and NEW each week too! (spirites,
models,maps,movies\progress movies ETC...)

<BIG>so in short - NO! esf isnt dying or dead at all!!!<BIG>
</BIG></BIG>

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SSJDUDE said:
Is ESF Dying? Or worse DEAD?
Ok Im curious what u people think...
Personally I think ESF started to Die after Redsaiyan shut down, and i dont really play it anymore. Mabe in part that i dont like DBZ anymore... But I just wanna know what you guys think.
yes esf is dieing just because u stoped playing

i hope ur happy because u have now killed esf

ur name will forever go down in history as "That guy who killed esf"

and close ur tags people geeze

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol ESF is fo sho not dead.

Just because we don't have Redsaiyan to get files(why do people seem to forget www.esfstuff.com and www.esf-world.de exist?) doesn't mean it's dead. I'm sure that with the release of beta 1.2 people will play it more often thanks to the new melee and such.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like Deman said......with sites like Esf-Stuff and Esf-World (that easily replaced Redsaiyan) I don't see how this game is dying.....

My Reasons:

1. The ESF Team has brilliant coders (i.e Darktooth, PcJoe)
2. There are over 10,000 members on this forum.
3. The game pwns
4. EEA - a modification similar to Antoine3323's SSJscript was just released

5. This is the 3rd or 4th thread i've seen where countless people proved that this biased assumption is wrong.

nuff said......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate to break your heart Hwoarang, but DT isn't a coder :p, but an animator is one of the next best things ;).

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I know anything about the ESF community, it's that things get booming after a new release. For each of the 3 releases I've been a part of the forum for (2.0a, 1.0b, 1.1b), there has been a LOT of activity, and I anticipate the same, and even more, with the 1.2 release. So, no, I can't say I share your opinion that ESF is dead. I think that it has just hit a lull that is typical between releases :)

(BTW, Darktooth isn't a coder, but is a top-notch animator!)

Best answers
How can you say ESF is dead, i think of ESF as a game now, not a mod. These are a couple of guys who love playin games and apparently are very good at makin good ones themselves! As soon as 1.2 comes out, these forums will be boosting with people and i'm sure its gonna be better than expected!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
joo say teh 3sf is teh dead but joo wrong joo guy. 3sf is teh besh dee bee zee moderationconteplation out right now for that half of a life engine. and it is 1 of teh longer lasting ones of the other moderationconteplations. it has people too that go pow and such. and that 1.2 upgraide will be teh amashing!

Just thought I'd be silly for a bit. But i dont thing esf will die for a long time for the simple fact that they keep getting better. As i posted in the retarded version of me, its one of the longer lasting ones as well. I'm sure when someone asks "is there any dbz mods for half-life?" some guy will point to this site. I still think esf has another two years before actually dying.

Best answers
Well as the quote goes, "It is always darkest before dawn". This kind of inactiveness happen's in every mod. Once 1.2 is released this mod is going to shine like a brand new penny. :shocked:

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's difficult for a game to keep peoples interest for months at a time between releases. So naturally, there are going to be some down times when everyone is not playing the game and just waiting for a new release.

If you want to refer to that as "dying" then so be it. But as soon as 1.2 is released everyone will be just as ESF crazy as they were before.

Best answers
Agreed! ESF is the best mod out there and the people workin on it are the best out there as well, GJ ESF Team!!!

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I'm sure everyone knows that ESF is very much alive but couldnt this be a shameless plot to make the team releaes b1.2 faster?
I could be completely wrong but maybe people make these threads so when the team see it they go "what is this BS" lets try and release 1.2 faster to prove them wrong. Then again i might be completely off so meh but im all for a quicker release of b1.2 :]

Best answers
For one thing, i hope they take all the time they need to make a sweet new version and also, the ESF Team isnt that stupid

Best answers
Well ESF isn't dead nor dying ( other already pointed this out ) its Forum community has been huge for ever .. about in-game this is always been like this never above 200 servers NEVER .. lately not even above 100 .. the reasson i guess for this is . the time taking between new release and the current gameplay is to easy ( ESF 1.2 will change that ) once things are easy you get bored easely ... in-game there 4 level of gamers Noob , Wannabe l33t , L33t , Super L33t

~{{ Reasons People Leave }}~

Noob :
You played for 1 - 3 days and still enjoy easy gameplay .. still don't get melee though

Wannabe l33t :
You have played 1 - 3 weeks now and you learned Melee a bit and you think your very good you pwn noobs once you get pwned by someone youll get so pissed off and stop playing or either game on and impove ( rarely happends )

L33t :
You have played a long time now and are considert a good player in ESF you are in a though dep now you either get bored by pwning Noobs and Wannabe l33ts or you get mad by losing to Super l33ts and you don't get why there still players allot better then you .. either way there still 2 options either you get to bored or to mad and you quite esf ... or you just play from time to time and get better slowly perhaps become a Super l33t

Super L33t:
You played allot pwned allot and there no one who can touch you .. your very good , only real matches are when u duel another Super l33t the rest is ass whipe for you .. these kind of players are very rare these days so u get bored very easely and stop playing ESF and perhaps later on return to the community having lost most of you skills

Greetz
Maistro

Best answers
id say im a wannabe whatever. i can melee a bit but still not good at the whole teleporting thing. once i get that down though ill be onwing all of you! anyways yeah i dont think esf is dead i love the game. It does get boring after you get around 5m pl... Im sure 1.2 will fix this tho

Best answers
To sum up all of what has been said. No, ESF is not dead, it will never die, ESF is your life, live it to the fullest. If you don't you should be expecting a knock at your door soon... o_o

Best answers
omfg, is working perfectly and u say esf is shuting down? think befor u speak

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom