Is ESF about SKill or DBZ!?!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Due to the balanced gameplay the team strived to attain, there is no 'perfect' attack, everything has a way around it. If someone's spamming beams then once you first work your way around the beam, they'll stop, or you'll hit them. Usually both.

Skill > DBZ, but it's very close to the show in most aspects which satiates 90% of DBZ fans, self included.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To mimic dbz, it would have to be one person to each class mode, pl catchup off and no lag. Plenty of people balance out melee and beams as they would in dbz, and an equal amount dont. Plus, people don't think like the characters on the show, like someone would watch a guy charge up a kamehameha and just stand there pretending like its comming too fast. If your on a server and you like playing with the same few people for 1-2 hours, a beam fest usually is inevitable and adter that they leave, so melee DOES get boring.

On the topic of spamming, both melee spamming and beam spamming are annoying. It's jsut melee spamming get old at a slower rate than beams. The high-speed part of the game is from melee, and the skill level of a player is based on melee, like it or not, so repetitive melee is needed to get better.
Beaming gets every boring after a period of time if there is not a variety of blast, becuz I someitmes go on the "BEAM ONLY, STAY ON YOUR SIDE" servers and its great eye candy for awhile, but it's really PL based, so skill has a little need for this type. So IMO, beam spamming is worst than melee spamming.

But a lot of people only go people "spammers" wehn they can't fight back :]

Best answers
Huh ? i use an aimbot?
What kind of noob are you?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
The discussion is not about who hacks or not...I'm urging you guys to go back on topic..

Best answers
Hybrid , In that game you were when "Luuuuna" or something said i use aimbot. He was joking and you took it seriously.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to topic now.
In my opinion , Someone who earned his SSJ in a good way. and then using beams is fine.
if some1 just came and gained PL cause of the pl_catchup 1. and then he starts beaming for score. then hes a Beam Spammer.
if PL catchup was off. only skilled players would go ssj
so there wouldnt be any "Beam spammers"

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no idea what the hell your talking about. I didn't say you use aimbot, I don't know or care who you are. I said ryu (gods fighter) uses aimbot, which is true. He admited it many times and if you fight it, its rather obvious.

Best answers
-Kai- said:
Hybrid , In that game you were when "Luuuuna" or something said i use aimbot. He was joking and you took it seriously.
Back to topic now.
In my opinion , Someone who earned his SSJ in a good way. and then using beams is fine.
if some1 just came and gained PL cause of the pl_catchup 1. and then he starts beaming for score. then hes a Beam Spammer.
if PL catchup was off. only skilled players would go ssj
so there wouldnt be any "Beam spammers"
wich is why my servers always have mp_plcatchup 0 in the config files.

Best answers
For me, someone becomes a beam spammer when they're being "cheap". For example, if I'm fighting someone, they can use beams all they want and that's fair enough, but people flying up the the corner of a map, and continuously firing final flashes at people fighting below I would call a beam spammer. This is unfortunately the main reason I play on private servers with a friend, but I don't expect it to change. My fault for getting so annoyed by it I suppose.

Best answers
Pff Hybrid - You scared me^^.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So , Youre ryu. thats the reason youre showing off so much.
come 1v1 me.
[email protected]
for all i care use your aimbot

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A good point I can make on beamspammers is that, because they spend all their time firing beams, once you get up close they don't have a clue what to do. Fly up into their corner and melee them into an invisible wall or something and they rarely even fight back.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tis true. When i confront a beam spammer, he often just flies away to find another spot to beam spam from. When i pick a target, i stick to him until one of us is dead, so i usually follow that one guy all over the map. Of course he gets pissed off and then he starts to ask me why I'm going after him, and him alone. I would think the reason would be obvious to the average bear o_O.

Best answers
Numenor said:
There are two points of view really, people who think the skill of basic and adv melle is the point of esf, the focus, what its all about. and there are thouse that think that chunky beams is whats important. I guess that there are really three points of view. I am a DBZ Fan, to be honest I try to play Esf Like the anime. I use a healthy mix of Melle and Beam, each for different occasions. I was in leet ( **** the leet spelling ) game recently, a guy came in and killed of a few of us with kame..... instanly "beam spamer n00b" was shouted. One god dam beam and your a spammer? its gotten to the point when I feal bad, gulty, firing of a final flash at a groop of fighters. What the hell else is it for ? ESF Is primerally about dragon ball Z, and I think the focus of the mod, or at least how people play it is deffinatly drifting away from the feal of the anime. Please , I would be happy to hear your opinions ( in a sensible, polite, and coherant manner )...... AM I alone in this ? or do people just want to leet at melle tooo much....
this mod was created for entertaiment in mind. Play the game, have fun, enjoy that your playing a well polished dbz mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know how you feel. I'm one of the worst beamers in ESF once I become trans frieza. I fly around and nuke the place with deathballs, and when anyone gets too close to me for melee, I grab them, throw them, and finger beam them until they die while they're still recovering in the air. I am frequently called a cheap spammer...but the fun part is...I can do it and no one can stop me unless they're REEEEEEEALLY good.

You need to learn to live in the moment and laugh at those unfortunate people who died by your beam.

Best answers
why do ppl ***** about dying to beam anyway, not like its cs wer u have to wait for the round to end to respawn.. who cares, jus get back in ther and start swingin.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
because some people can be in the middle of a good fight....or they could be seconds away from transforming...or they could just be dying too much and they're tired of it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam spamming will require more thinking in upcoming versions of the game. I wont go into detail.

Best answers
means you lose health in the consumption of forming the beam o_O tien kikoho at its finest

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
means you lose health in the consumption of forming the beam o_O tien kikoho at its finest
.............EH?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom