IPX problem

Best answers
I got Half Life 1 today and I downloaded ESF 1.2.3 and open beta.I get a problem when creating a LAN game in both 1.2.3 and open beta. I start a game and it says that IPX is disabled how do I change that???o_o

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have Steam and a legal Half-Life installed with STEAM ?

ESF Coder
🌠 Staff
Best answers
to enable IPX you would have to enable IPX on your NETWORK CARD
if you can use ipv4 ( which should work since you can use the internet...) then ipx isn't needed

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about you make a copy of the console. Chances are there is a different error listed in there.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i had that promblem befor, but i fixed it and i cant rember how to fix it now soz

Best answers
Ahem,I wanted to thank you guys but my friend came a few days ago and told me that I can play ESF 1.2.3 with CS 1.6 is that true??

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Your friend seems to be a good liar then. ESF is not compatible with Counter-Strike and can only be played with Half-Life 1, that's it I'm afraid. No Source, No Counter-Strike, Just plain Half-Life 1.

Best answers
Your friend seems to be a good liar then. ESF is not compatible with Counter-Strike and can only be played with Half-Life 1, that's it I'm afraid. No Source, No Counter-Strike, Just plain Half-Life 1.
I tought so..Anyway I downloaded a patch for my HL1 and It turns out with this patch my Esf problem is fixed...But for Open Beta it's another story It still gives me an error but not the IPX one.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tought so..Anyway I downloaded a patch for my HL1 and It turns out with this patch my Esf problem is fixed...But for Open Beta it's another story It still gives me an error but not the IPX one.
The open beta wont work without HL version 1.1.2.0

The only way to get that is STEAM though.

Best answers
But is there any other way of getting that patch?

Oh and will I need it when ESF is released?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom