Instructions on converting to steam??

Best answers
Right. I went out and bought the bloody half life platinum collection just fer this mod :S - But i don't understand why it doesn't show on the play games list of steam when i install half life in the steamapps folder. That IS what im meant to do fer it to show on the list right? RIGHT!?...

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
actually not really, you need to register the cd key with steam. You click "half life" (ebe tho its not shaded) and then enter your CD key, something around those lines.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dont install Half life right away in steam, just install it somewhere, then start up steam, after steam is loaded, start up hl1 the normal way and steam should..."download" the hl1 files in its own directory if im right, then it should work

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you gotta register your cdkey with steam - click the product catalogue icon in the bottom left of the play games menu, then click the "register a product I already own" button and enter your cdkey.

Best answers
you actually don't even have to install HL, so having a cd is actually useless.. All you need is the cd-key.

go to www.steampowered.com and then download steam and then dl the necessary files. like hl..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom