Instant replay

Best answers
[Read everything carefully before you post and be honest]

Hopefully this hasn't been suggested. If it has then I'm sorry.

Anyways I think it would be cool after you got meleed or you meleed someone, a screen on the top left would appear. The screen wouldn't be that big. I'd say 1/16 of your screen.

Also beams if you want.

Before you join ESF, you could go to customize and set up your replay. These are the options that I think you should have.

1. How big the screen would be.
2. How fast the replay would be. (Slow motion, normal or Fast)
3. How many replays would there be. Each replay would be from a different angle.
4. The distance the camera is from the person. (Either very close, normal, or from a distance.
5. What type of replay, melees only, beams only, or both
6. Weather you want it on by default. But I think you should be able to bind it so you can toggle it on or off during the game.

I understand that there are other things the ESF team should be concentrating on. But, I think this would be a cool feature in the future.

I don't see any reasons for anyone to not like this idea because you could toggle it on or off if you don't like it or it's distracting you or whatever.

Thx for reading

Best answers
This is an awsome idea. But in the future they should add expressions on peoples faces when they get hit, and make that blood comes out of the face. Then that would look cool in replay.

Best answers
Since ESF is such a fast pace game, you don't get a chance to see things in slow motion. This is a great idea to be able to see how you got hit and from what direction.

Best answers
This is a great idea. Since some people like fast replays and others like slow replays you could choose what you like best.
And yeah, blood coming out of people's mouths other then those characters who don't have blood would look cool in replays.

Also for the angles of the replay. I think there should be a first person view of the person that got hit.

Best answers
Wow, another brilliant idea you've thought of Farago. Another good idea about this idea is when you lag. Sometimes I get like 6 second lags and the next thing I know I'm tumbling on the floor. Well if there were replays, I might be able to see who hit me, and what direction did he hit me from.

Best answers
Excellent idea Farago. It would be cool if was like matrix. Put it to slow motion, and the camera would rotate slowly going around you. I think there should be slow motion X2 and Fast forward X2. Maybe be even a X3.

Best answers
Wonderful idea!!!! :yes:

I'd like to add another option though. You should be able choose when the replay would start. Weather it was 3 seconds before you were hit or 10 seconds before you were hit.

Also if anyone thinks for some reason this is cheap that you can see what happened, then maybe the person who made the server can take this option off.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thats a bad idea.This isnt nba live or a sports game.Not even dbz budaki has that.That will suck in game.You see everything that goes on anyway

Best answers
Tell me how is this a bad idea when you can turn it off or on. Everyone has different opinions.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tell me a good reason why we need instant replay.What spectacular thing do you do in esf that you need to see it again.Only sports games have it.Esf doesnt need it.Besides all you do is the same thing over and over swoop hit thats all:\

Best answers
Great idea man. I guess he just doesn't see the beauty of replays. Yes a lot of sport games have replays. But a lot of fighting games have replays as well.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why cant a man say his opinions huh.If i dont like the idea i have the right to say it.I dont like instant replay because it has no use in esf

Best answers
Im with him. Replays wouldnt do good. I mean maybe if they add combos in later versions u might as well get replays but right now it would suck. Imagine how much coding would have to be done. AGH.
Good god what were u benn smoking.
I bet u killed alot of pigions, dried them by hanging them by their legs from a metal wire under the sun. Crunched em up and put glue with it. Then rolled it up with paper and started huffing and puffing at it. :fight:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by |X|trem[3]
Im with him. Replays wouldnt do good. I mean maybe if they add combos in later versions u might as well get replays but right now it would suck. Imagine how much coding would have to be done. AGH.
Good god what were u benn smoking.
I bet u killed alot of pigions, dried them by hanging them by their legs from a metal wire under the sun. Crunched em up and put glue with it. Then rolled it up with paper and started huffing and puffing at it. :fight:
wtf are you talking about;/ I understood the first part about how your with me then you lost me and went wacko and kookoo for coco buffso_o

Best answers
im w/ emeka and xtreme on this one. it would be stupid to have now. MAYBE when the ESF team gets bored and has nothing to do they could put it in, but right now theres too much to do that is more valuable to the game. neways, most likely youll kill someone, watch the replay, then get smashed while watchin it.

Best answers
No. What would be the point?
Whoa i just got kicked!!! Yeah lets see it again, this time in slow motion, wow man i better record that so everyone can marvel at how the leg doesnt quite connect with me...
whoa kicked again (cause u were focusing on the reply) yeah lets watch "SUPER SLOW MO"
i dont see the point in this. I mean it'd be a nice little effect, of no use or anything. But after a while everyone would turn it off and then what would justify the hours and hours of work the team would have to put in to get it to work?
No i say, unless u tell me how it'll benifet the game

Best answers
NO .. a BIG NO

why would i say NO hen i can turn it on and off.. i hear you ask?

well simply: because it takes too much work and time. this time should be spent on more important things.

right now you can record a demo .. you can convert it to AVI. then you can watch how you got kicked as many times as you want!

Best answers
look, the idea is pretty good, but there is much work to be done before such options could be created, it will just take the time required to create the game itself
maybe after they finish all the work(and rest, ofcourse), maybe then it will be useful

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom