Install to steam.. need help

Best answers
Hello, I am new to this forums and to Esf.. :)

but I got a prob installing the game to steam..
it goes like this:
I downloaded and Installed steam, created an account and everything.. but now I got stuck.. cus I want to install half life (that I already own on disc that I bought year ago) and I don't know where to install it and what to do.. can any1 plz help me?

I heard that I need to something with [email protected] folder.. and install it there.. but I can't find this folder..

PRJ

Best answers
Welcome,and you have to right click where it says Half Life in Play Games in the steam menu :O!

Best answers
you don't understand.. I don't got this at my "play games" menu.. I didn't install half life yet.. cus I don't know where.. now how I create my folder?

PRJ

Best answers
but you do have steam installed dont you,if you do login,if not get steam

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You sort of did it backward.

1. Uninstall steam.
2. Install Half-life. It will install itself. "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam"
3. Install steam. "C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam" that's where it will install.
4. install esf 1.2 and it has a choice won or steam. pick steam.
5. 1.2.1 if you want it. there is prolly 1 or 2 servers that are 1.2. if this doesnt help you IM me.

Best answers
I got a prob.. you say I need to install half life to ..program files\Valve\Steam, so I put it in an when I try to click next I get a message saying: "Setup requires this product to be installed under a \SIERRA\Half-Life subdirectroy. Setup has changed the directory to reflect this requirement"..
so I need to do it ..program files\Valve\Steam\SIERRA\Half-Life?

btw thx for trying to help.. :)

PRJ

Best answers
oke now you look over here boy or i will throw some taco's on ya,oh well Look you can install Half life in Steam if you have set in the CD key on the steam account then in the Steam Menu after you loging Press the button "play games" then a list will show up with Half Life,Counterstrike and stuff like that,then Right click Half Life and Install game...
Thats it! you dont need to screw around with installing Half Life into your steam directory,you gotta do it In steam! (i think its the only possible way :O )

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no no no no... ug look!

get rid of anything related to half life steam or esf.

1. install HALF LIFE!! just install it. it SHOULD have a place to install already
2. install STEAM it will know where to intall.
3. install ESF 1.2 it has a choice either WON or STEAM pick STEAM
4. INSTALL 1.2.1 overwrite 1.2 with it. or .. well install it it will knwo what to do as well. its simple

Best answers
No, don't install Half Life from the CD. The ONLY thing you need to play Half Life through Steam is a working non-pirated CD-Key. Once you have Steam, you download Half Life through the Steam servers. After you have ran Half Life through Steam at least once, you THEN install ESF 1.2 then the 1.2.1 patch. And then you will see it on your 3rd party games list.

Also, if you have not done so, register your Half Life cd key by clicking on Register Product I Already Own under the 'Browse Games' section of Steam.

PRJ

Best answers
Hah i knew i was right all the time ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom