Indicator sprite to replace diamond thingy

Best answers
First of all I would like to thank the team for finally giving us the option to get rid of the < sims-style > diamond thingy, but playing without it isnt exactly handy.
I suggest adding an option to activate a sprite drawn around other players so you can still see where they are from a distance.
I painted my idea for the sprite on a screenshot and thought It looked pretty good :laff:
- A detail that would be nice: in the show scouters showed other people`s powerlevel, and the scouter does that fine as it is now, but I think it would be nice to have a simple indication of this in the sprite aswell: see screenshot

http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/voorbeeld.bmp

This idea might need some tweaking so comment away

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it's a good idea but next time make the pic. in jpg, an bmp kill's 52k conection(not like i have to worry about that.

Best answers
srry to all people with crappy bandwidth but jpg really ***** up the picture < text and stuff >

Best answers
We have scouter to show how strong they are, the bigger the dot, the more you're in trouble.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sometimes ppl are so strong you can't see'em with the scouter.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um....thats bs Orbit. The only time you cant see someone on the scouter is if you are significantly stronger than the other person. Since their pl is so small compared to yours, the dot on the radar is super small.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Unless it's a 1.2.1 bug, maybe he means abnormally strong (several million above you) 1.2.1 has a few weird bugs.

Or unless he meant 'sometimes ppl (ppl = you) are so strong you can't see'em ('em = your enemies) with the scouter.'

Flying Dutchman, wouldn't the large ring sort of give away peoples positions and take up a load of screen space when they swoop around erratically?

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yah, if your powerlevel is lets say 50,000,000, and another person's powerlevel is 1,750,000. You would not show up on the scouter, because the dot would become extremely large, and those not show on the scouter. This is a bug that has been in the game for some time actually.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
but youd have to play very long to get to 50,000,000 in a normal match cause i let bots pound ther heds in for 5 hours and ther PL was only 15,00,000

P.S.Congratiulations for your 400th post Killa :laff:

Best answers
This actually doesn't seem like a bad idea. Perhaps one could have three different sprites: a small one for ppl with lower pl than you, another for an equal opponent, and a bigger one for a strong opponent. The sprite would be preety much the same size as the diamond model is now, no need for it to be big at long distances.
Butchyeah, I second this idea. ^^

Best answers
I thought it atleast looks better than the diamond thingy :laff: , its kind of like your actually looking through a scouter but without seeing everything in the color of its glass.
And I probably should add to my idea : that this sprite should not be drawn if your scouter is on a certain mode, or just give it the same option like the diamond in the advanced options menu : on/off lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom