[Old PotW] In the meantime last updated 5/13/15

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Hmm don't have a shark model and dunno can't use so many gpu particles then... :(

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
WOW this is very cool ;). I have half life how long i wait on this game ?.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Sharknado would be a cool easteregg...even if it was just a joke :D

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tell Dalte to do it he doesn't care for limits on particles

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Dalte can't do it :D it's a particle system only i can use atm^^
I made it because the old weather particle system sometimes halfed my fps(mainly blizzard on ice_wasteland), also snow,rain,sandstorms just look better when you have single raindrops and snowflakes and sandcorns

Sonic The Hedgehog
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Really neat effects. I had a funny joke of the whole wet floor in the arena. Imagine Frezia slips on the rain as his defeat. XD

I LOVE KITTIES!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
That's daltes "Every map is got dust on the ground" FX :D i would have turned it off when it's raining but i couldn't find the name of the FX system :D

Some more shots...from 0% rain, to 25%,50%,75% and 100%

the brightness comes from the fact that the rain reflects and is lit by the sunlight, need to fine tune that
Cut 25% by half and it should be good, no one really likes that hard rain. Unless you can hear and see thunderstorm and such.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cut 25% by half and it should be good, no one really likes that hard rain. Unless you can hear and see thunderstorm and such.
It's not like it has to be one of those in the map. It can be set to 10% or so. I assume so, anyway.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Yep % can be set to whatever someone likes to. Btw thunderstorms are on their way(need sounds)

I LOVE KITTIES!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yep % can be set to whatever someone likes to. Btw thunderstorms are on their way(need sounds)
YouTube is full of that, the only problem is the audio quality.

Rip the sounds from here:
http://asoftmurmur.com/ or here: http://www.rainymood.com/
:rolleyes:

You could try contacting any people behind these two projects for sound files or you could just rip them out.
Or even just simply recording them when audio is running.

Last edited:
Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
So just thought i'd post a new pic. Integrated fog and some other stuff to the weathersystem
esf_desert_duel0001.jpg

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
For a moment there i thought vegeta had librarian glasses :O

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I see him with a very large oriental beard over his neck. Seem to be some shadow issues going on.

Also it's 59.8 fps and not 60. Absolutely unacceptable. (before you lose your shit, I was joking on the last part)

--- edit ---

I see him with a very large oriental beard over his neck. Seem to be some shadow issues going on.

Also it's 59.8 fps and not 60. Absolutely unacceptable. (before you lose your shit, I was joking on the last part)

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
The head of Vegeta looks down and on top of it looked down with the cam even more that's where the darker shade comes from. Also i noticed our rampmaps are kinda weird, they caused Gokus hangover eyes.
About the fps...it was actually 78fps , or to be precise...my system (geforce 660gtx) needed 12.82 ms to compute a full frame :p

Last edited:
Best answers
thanks for posting, i didn't know you guys added FOG weather effects to the game that's a nice surprise. The rain looks good of course but i feel like it's too much, is the rain at %100?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom