[Old PotW] In the meantime last updated 5/13/15

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
No i swear to god one of the shadows on his face from the chin onwards makes him look like he has one of these on. I cannot un-see this!

MB080rs.jpg

I LOVE KITTIES!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
thanks for posting, i didn't know you guys added FOG weather effects to the game that's a nice surprise. The rain looks good of course but i feel like it's too much, is the rain at %100?
When it's combined with fog it looks alright since in reality when it's raining that much it creates "fog" effect. And as he stated mappers can change the %.
We can't really judge the rain from still pictures. Also it would be nice if Ryo posted a .webm or a .gif.

If you need an easy .webm converter I know a good extension for firefox.
http://firefogg.org/
Install the extension and press make web video.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
The rain in the pic is at about 70% it looks dense but it doesn't block the view that much.
Btw once i'm done i'll make a small video of the weathersystem, how clouds form and how you can go from nice sunny weather to snow, to rain to thunderstorms.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I'm pretty sure we "ALL" would appreciate that very much!!.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Ryokeen is the Weatherman.

He doesn't predict bad weather. He creates it.

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
Aand i create good weather , but that's so boring to show..i mean good weather...such clear...wow

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
maybe good weather would be fun to show if the characters have sunglasses :b

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Am I the only one who sees an enormous creepy mouth, instead of a "beard"?

That thing:

Last edited by a moderator:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Woah. Going too far there Van Gogh.

Well in my case I can still see his mouth and chin. But it's like he has an oriental beard attached to it.

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Haven't seen that map in forever, but I love the fog and appreciate you taking your time to update us ryokeen ! And a video of the weather systems would be HIGHLY appreciated.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
It's not too dark?>

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Oh so you're saying you have something against people with overly large mouths? That they are all scary and monsters and that they don't have the right to show themselves?

That's racist!

Anyway, on the other hand since we were also talking weather, I'm wondering something. If the weather could be set to a serious thunder storm, could it be possible that during this thunderstorm, lightning would actually hurt you if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Super Cool Wicked Guy
🌠 Staff
Best answers
well a lightning strike is just a clientside effect, it would work if the server would send a command to the client to spawn a strike then i know the position and could hurt the player.
But that's more work than it's worth...i mean chance to be hit by a lightning strike is rather low...
About the brightness...ever been outside when the sky is fully coverd by clouds at late day ? that can be quite dark. Else...your monitor brightness is set to low(calibrated mine :)

🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
So what's going on with the thunderstorm sounds?

The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If it isn't very hard to implement, I'd say: do it.

Sure, the chance is low, but imagine how hilarious it would be to have your attacker suddenly struck by it.

It's that kind of a feature we saw in all those funny videos about, say... Battlefield 3. Like those moments when someone randomly snipes a jet-fighter pilot and the plane then crushes into a helicopter. Rare event, but if a video like that get's popular, it might draw attention to the game, which is always good.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Now you mentioned lightning to strike a player, as in target him, but how about instead of targeting it just strikes in a place and if a player flies through it as it is striking he takes damage?

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
⚡Sūpā Regula-jin
Best answers
Nice potws ;D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom