Imperfect Cell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It is so hard for me to do anything to completion. I have too many ideas and not enough time to do them all, so I end up starting on one great idea only to hop over to the next before I finished the previous one >_<. So its a miracle that I was able to finish this at all >_>;

After 25 hours of work spread out over two weeks, I bring you my own take on Cell, for ESF 1.3. He's got about 3400 polygons and two 512*512 texture maps (at 50% self illumination)
I probably going to give the stomach that shiny material when I'm less sick of working on it (because the ab's suck)

Concept

sorry for the crappy screenshots, my computer can only handle software mode ><;

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
that is so frikking cool O.O try doing the rest if you can ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Um......I'm gonna have to give you a 1 out of 5. Its a great model, but it's not cell.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
~*Logan*~ said:
Um......I'm gonna have to give you a 1 out of 5. Its a great model, but it's not cell.
its his concept, different variation

Best answers
sry man, you just didnt capture cell... it looks more like a giant grasshoper on crack...

THANKS FOR THE NIGHTMARES!

Best answers
Great model, very detailed. But last time I checked Cell doesnt have 4 eyes or 4 arms.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
people here are very closed minded gohan. I've been waiting to see this since I caught a glimpse of it over at Polycount. The model is EXCELLENT very nicely done, but the texture could use quite a bit of work, though you're clearly improving.

First off I think that the lines all over the place should be toned down quite a bit. Then maybe work in bit more shadows in the muscles. On the other hand the color variation seems to be really good, but Overall it's nice and as i said a nice improvement.

Best answers
I like this style of cell

it shows a much more evil looking version of cell

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
haha, ive recently designed something quite similar (mantis based) for a college project, however, this is pure awesomeness, i like how you exaggerate features and such, your style is sweet <3 (saw this on poly count too btw ^_^) the only one gripe i have with the model is that the eyes just look too uniform one above the other, maybe it would have been better to have the bottom too closer to each other, or smaller, something along those line. Anyhows, this is sexy work indeed =]

Btw, i was just looking through ur photobucket account, you got some great work in there man, really nice stuff, just i never see you post alot of it :( u shud show your stuff off more often =] oh, and re upload ur avatar >_> its messed up at teh moment

Best answers
Dirty said:
sry man, you just didnt capture cell... it looks more like a giant grasshoper on crack...

THANKS FOR THE NIGHTMARES!
Instead of just watching pictures, read his godd*mn post. "his own take on Cell"

I bring you my own take on Cell, for ESF 1.3.
It looks great dude, ya got a nice eye for detail. Comparing the mouth to the rest of the skin, it could use some more detail. I would add some highlights to the mouth and some darker colors inbetween the spaces.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like your concept of imperfect cell. It actually would have looked better if Akima or whatever his name was, made cell more like that. Its...more haunting... Please say you will do other models in yuor concept.

Best answers
My only comment is that the eyes could be more menacing... Something about them is just a bit off. The rest however, is great. I love the concept.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
iam no modeler but my opinion counts right.

anyway it captures everything cell is/was bug like, if cell was gonna be anything diffrent to what he was, this is how it would look. i like it, i like it a lot wounder if it would fit the skeloton though

Best answers
That's a great version of Cell. I like the original twists on it to make it more bug like rather then a human appeal. My only crit lies with the eyes, just unappealing to me but the skin and the model are both fantastic! Hope to see more!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Get rid of the second pair of eyes and it will be supreme

Best answers
Like David said, some variation in the eyes might make it look better

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
@zeldalink: The rest of his forms?

@Black Gohan: Dunno, I planned on Gohan, but with all the great modelling comps going on atm I might change my mind by the time I get a chance to work on it.

@Teknik: Thanks man; I haven't even started my 3d classes at college, but the color theory and life drawing classes are really helping me understand texturing/painting better. I'll see about fixing the muscles sometime soon (I hope).
I don't know about the lines though; My mistakes aren't that apparent to me yet, so I can't see what you're seeing. Are you talking about the lines overlaying the muscles, or the ones I was using to try and define an edge in the armor, like at the wrist?

@Davidskiwan: Thanks :D I didn't really know what to do with the eyes from the start, so I just randomly decided to make them yellow and slitted and hope for the best. I'll put some more time in on them though; I have a couple of ideas and hopefully they'll look better in the computer than they do on paper.

And yeah, I should probably post my 2d stuff more often, I'm just too lazy to get most of it scanned into the computer >_>;

@Sadner: Gah, I forgot about the mouth. I'd meant to come back to it actually and make it look harder/beakier (not really a word >>; ) Another thing on the to do list!

@Kidboy17: Thanks, that's what I'd been trying to go for. And yep, I'm going to be doing the entire gang in a similar style gradually.

@Enigma: It won't fit the skeleton, but if I'm understanding it right, 1.3 will allow people to make their own custom skeletons and animations for their models, so that doesn't really matter.
My worry is that half-life only supports up to a certain number of bones, or won't properly recognize a non-standard skeleton setup.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think that maybe the colour of the eyes is a bit bright when compared to the rest of the skin. That and what Davidskiwan said about moving a couple of them.

Apart from that, great model, I'd love to see the rest of the bad guys being submitted to your stylization. ^_^

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I like his legs, itll give variation to the adv melee, and other animation aspects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom