Ignoring the Foolish

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have you ever noticed how pesky it is that ESF doesn't seem to have an ignore feature, like CS? So if someone is whining, or just being an ass, you could ignore them.

I find this most annoying. Please tell me your thoughts.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It does gett annoying after awhile.. I hate head ons.(HOWing) I have come across soo many.. And the ppl with attitude who play this game... damn..

Xsl killed player with melee

Player: WTF!! you HOW!!

People just say crap like that off the top of their head's these days because it is one of the biggest cheapest fighting styles today. When I am here fighting like a normal player. There are a few times I come across ppl that are pretty tough or just have a whacky fighting style such as HOWing, ..LSM. Which I have dealed with for some time..It gets hella erritating..

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
meh, I ignore them anyways, I kill someone and am constantly accused of scripting, thats why I don't play ESF much, the community is almost as bad as teh CS community, so I only play with good friends.

I wouldn't say an ignore is needed, but it would be nice.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Have you ever noticed how pesky it is that ESF doesn't seem to have an ignore feature, like CS? So if someone is whining, or just being an ass, you could ignore them.

I find this most annoying. Please tell me your thoughts.

Ya i brought this up like ages ago but no one payed attention to it but yea i agree there should be a ignore feature.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The closest thing to an ignore feature in CS is mute, which only works for voice mics. If there were an ignore feature, it would make it so they can't communicate with you, but it doesn't mean they still won't be able to kill you.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Killing doesn't matter.. I just want be able to mute someone's -babble-.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you so sensitive that you give a crap about what random people say on the game? It's not like a sound plays every time they say a message. Unless they're spamming something over and over this is just a tiny convenience. Simply ignore them yourself. How hard is that? Do you consider messages that you choose to ignore as wastes of your valuable HUD space that detracts from your melee skill or something?

You people and your luxury!!! :laff:

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I try and keep this to a minimum in the server. I sometimes wake up and go to check on the server and find 2 or 3 people having a little girl fight with 8 year old insults and it frustrates me. I don't know why people have to act this way. It ruins there fun and most everyone else's playing.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hitokiri said:
Are you so sensitive that you give a crap about what random people say on the game? It's not like a sound plays every time they say a message. Unless they're spamming something over and over this is just a tiny convenience. Simply ignore them yourself. How hard is that? Do you consider messages that you choose to ignore as wastes of your valuable HUD space that detracts from your melee skill or something?

You people and your luxury!!! :laff:

It's not so easy, there, KameSan. There are times when I'll play and not realize anyone has said anything at all for well over an hour because I'm into what I'm doing. Other times I'll glance up and see someone say something so personally offensive that I feel obligated to react. I like to read what people are saying in case they ask me a question or I have personal input to give them... this means I end up reading all of the offensive bull**** that I would rather not have to listen to at all. If I could ignore really aggrivating people it would be a much more enjoyable experience overall.

Best answers
I rarely even look at the chat bar, to be honest. Most of the time it's drivel like *i fukn pwnd u fgt* or *U hax!1!! i ban u if u dont stop* Not really the sort of crap I care a great deal about.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually do headons melee.. unless the one who i fight is really good. :)

if he is I take the time to teleport melee which is actually way more fun. :D

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've never played online. need new version downloaded it few time can't get to work So i just play at locals we are about 10 max 4 min so its fun.

Best answers
meh i would agree about the whole mute feature.. its alot easier and makes it so u dont have to listen to *******s when they whine and ruin a game instead of doing what they are supposed to be doing... having fun... thats what the game was based upon and everything ... but ppl refuse and get pissed and instead of just leaving or anything... they take it out on the one that killed em... its a damn shame really..

Best answers
a fun way to get rid of howers is to how urself :D
like OMG how did u die so fast u gotta show me that :D

Best answers
Then hopefully if their n00bs and dont know how to mute, you can shut that certain guy gout then make him hear you and flame the hell out of him...

Thats one of my favourite features of Diablo II:)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just ignore them or flame the hope out of them like L337_C4N4D14N sayed I say ignore and fight them.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody should be condoning flaming, here or anywhere. You don't deserve to talk smack unless you can back it up, and if you can back up the smack you shouldn't say anything in the first place.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont really mind people flaming me in game

its like, if someone cusses me off ill just hunt them for a little while. if they do it again, they get hunted some more.

ESFn00b: pain you hacker, get the **** off me!!!

pain killed ESFn00b with melee
pain killed ESFnoob with melee
pain killed ESFnoob with finishingbuster
pain killed ESFnoob with finishing buster

ESFn00b: **** OFF!!!!!

pain killed ESFnoob with kiblob
pain killed ESFnoob with yellow attack

ESFn00b has left the game

notice, in this situation i didnt say anything back. they want you to get mad, and have a pointless argument with them. just bash their head in without saying a word. only talk to people that ask you something thats not meant as an insult.

and always remember!!!
arguing on the internet is like competing in the special olympics. even if you win your still retarted.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also hunt ppl without talking. great fun..
they should play with some honor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom