ideas for ps/bs explosions

Mog

Best answers
hey, i dunno if these are good ideas or not but i think it would be cool if there was an option to make the explosions from ps's/bs's only damage the people in it. (bit like if a beam hits a teammate with friendlyfire turned off)
therefore, people who are trying to have a melee battle can do so without getting damaged by other peoples battles.
i just think it would be cool if people can have their own battles without messing up everyone elses. :yes:

also, in b1.1 the people in ps's/bs's dont get damaged by disks and melee from other players and recieve less damage from other beams.
this is good but one person in the beam struggle can still be killed and therefore the beam explodes on the other player even if he/shes wining.
i think that if one person in a ps/bs gets killed then the beam should just carry on (or maybe fade away), and the person thats still alive should detach from the beam. :yes:

Best answers
o_O i dunno i see a foggy kinda laming, maybe its just me o_O

-=Edit=- Can guys like sonic boyster and hibiki please reply to this cuz i can find the right words for it but its just not right o_O.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So basically, what you want to see is the ESF equivalent of the Jedi Knight 2 duel? Where one player approaches another, presses a button initiating a challenge, and the other player accepts, then the two players basically fade into a game of their own, secluded from basically every other thing that is going on.

I think it has been suggested before. I never really thought it was a bad idea myself, I was quite fond of having duels in JK2.

Best answers
/me has never played JK2 so can you explane to me how this system works. Is it like:

You go to another map with this player and fight there, or you just get a red bot on your head saying: i'm dualing?

Inform me let the Info Flow :p

Best answers
This idea is crap merely becuase it isnt in the right forum.

To add on to its crappiness is that if you dont want to get hit by the blast them stay far away from it as possible. Tournament mode should be implemented in one of the following betas but until then just be smart about it.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oops, almost forgot....stamped and mailed to suggestions.

Morrone, don't even begin to walk the path of a wanna-be mod, for that path is a damned one, and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is what we are looking for...

As for the JK2 duel system, SSJ2GoGeTa, what happens is that after both players agree to the duel, their models appear darkened, almost black, to all other players, and nothing else can hurt them, they can only hurt each other. They stay in the same map, tho.

Best answers
I will never be able to comprehend why telling someone this is the wrong forum is acting like a mod. If I dont want to have to scroll down further to read posts that are in the right forum then I think its my duty to inform my community members of their mistakes, but thats besides the point.

I dont think adding a dueling system is a good idea. It would lame up the gameplay. A tournament mode would be a great addition. Even better if you could customize it to a real ladder where there is a lil championship at the end. While you wait for your next opponenet you can watch other games. If you lose and are kciked off the ladder than you join a ladder full of all the losers and people who joined the server too late to enter the ladder.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Morrone, arguing with a mod is even worse than acting like one...
Clean up your act...

And I do like the duel idea because no outsiders can hurt you and you can't hurt any outsiders...:\

Best answers
Yea, good thing I wasnt arguing with anyone... :rolleyes: .

Dueling would ruin the whole fun of DBZ. Being able to jump in and work as a team is a great feature of ESF. Why would they be adding multiple power struggles if they wanted people to fight alone. In 1.1 you wont even have tow orry about being blown up by 2 people's power struggle because you can get in on it and help your team win instead of *****ing that you died after your teammate lost.

Mog

Best answers
oops, sorry for posting in wrong forum.. i'd just read a few suggestion threads in the chat forum and forgot what forum i was in. ;D

anyway, i dont think people really understood what i was tryna suggest.

Majin_You wrote:
So basically, what you want to see is the ESF equivalent of the Jedi Knight 2 duel? Where one player approaches another, presses a button initiating a challenge, and the other player accepts, then the two players basically fade into a game of their own, secluded from basically every other thing that is going on.
well kinda, i didnt really mean that players should challenge eachother to duels... (wouldnt work for in multi-ps's anyway)
i was suggesting that the beam explosions only damage the people in the struggle even if it hits other players... the way the game is played would still stay the same. :smile:

Morrone wrote:
Dueling would ruin the whole fun of DBZ. Being able to jump in and work as a team is a great feature of ESF. Why would they be adding multiple power struggles if they wanted people to fight alone. In 1.1 you wont even have tow orry about being blown up by 2 people's power struggle because you can get in on it and help your team win instead of *****ing that you died after your teammate lost.
i know what your saying, i thought about all that.
i didnt explain it too well but if you read it carefully you can see that you'd still need to help a team mate if they were loosing a ps.
i didnt really mean a dueling mode like majin_you suggested... :smile:

Best answers
well how about this: make it a server side option that makes it like mog want it. problem solved both ways. and mods, he wasnt argueing with u he was just stating a fact.(altho in a very rude way) theres nothing wrong with pointing out a common mistake(i made the same one lest week) some1 made. its not like he's saying this topic needs to be deleted. that being said, morrone, be a little nicer j00 old grouch.

Mog

Best answers
heh, i think it would atleast be a good option for servers to have. it would be bad to have it as the main game mode...
but it would be cool to have a few servers where strong fighters can ps eachother without killing everyone on the map! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom