i need help installing ive tryed every thing!

Best answers
will some one please help me ive tryed all of the things you guys have told us before about installing but mine still just gets stuck at that checking for previously installed componants and i have half life fully updated i also have counter-strike fully updated and nothing is working does any one else have any good idea's?

Best answers
Hmm just wait a few minutes 5 to 10 minutes, then it should continue, just start it b4 diner and chack back when u done, it should continue, otherwise try to re-download it from a diferend mirror.

Best answers
Mine took ages to install.. I found uninstalling the previous beta speeds it up a little but either way, as lost said, just leave it and it should carry on installing (Patience my friend.. patience ;))

Best answers
ive tryed letting it sit for 5-10 minutes but it always says (not-responding) so i click end now

ok im downloading a new one from fileplanet thanx for the help

Best answers
AHHHHH!!!! now i get passed the checking for prevously installed companonts after waiting for 20 mins!!! then wen its a quarter done it say.... corupt file retry or abort i retry about 20 times then finnally decide to abort WAT should i DO?????? please help

alrite i got ESF up and running thanx

Best answers
First of all.. don't double post, edit the one above it. Second, try download the file again as it sounds like a corrupt download.

Best answers
For a faster installation make sure you are running minimal programs, Ctrl + Alt + Del, everything exept the explorer and then try to install ESF Beta 1.1. Make sure that you do not have that many programs on startup either, goto Run> type msconfig> then goto the startup tab and deselect all the programs, you can select them again after you have installed ESF Beta 1.1. And for a non corrupt ESF try downloading from File Planet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom