[Old PotW] I keep running but there's no end...

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
If you can run two separate processes of Crysis 3 maxed out with 100 fps, you can run 1.3. No big deal.

I am no more
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
If you can run two separate processes of Crysis 3 maxed out with 100 fps, you can run 1.3. No big deal.
>.< no PC (i mean personal computer not super computers) can run crysis 3 more than 60 fps on max

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wow! Sweet POTW!
(Also, to the guy in the other thread; look! Here it is! :p)
I love the way the shadows work on the grass, it looks SO realistic! I love the spirit bomb, I love what I can see of the animation in this POTW, I love the whole thing, it looks great! I can't overstate this enough, it looks REALLY, really good!

My god, it's amazing. :D

I LOVE KITTIES!
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
Keep in mind that this screenshot was taken with anisotropic filtering x16 and anti-aliasing x8. And more Gpu card tweaks.
Without them game looks like old ESF 1.2.3.

Just joking. Nice potw, good close-up details, thanks Deverz. That's what I asked for.

Edit: Small question, ESF:F player/map shadows are fully dynamic or not?

Last edited:
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Legit picture, Goku looks really well done. I like how you guys snuck in the Spirit Bomb, too. My only beef with the Spirit Bomb though is that it feels like the style of it doesn't really fit with anything else in ESF. The maps and player models look semi-realistic whereas the Spirit Bomb looks pretty cartoony, so it just honestly looks kind of out of place imo.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This is just personal preference, but everything looks so ******* bright. Is that an issue when trying to focus on an opponent?

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
This is just personal preference, but everything looks so ******* bright. Is that an issue when trying to focus on an opponent?
I'm curious about that, too. In 1.2, there were problems with the brighter maps where the enemy characters would be dwarfed by the textures colors and you couldn't see them at all. Or, at least, I couldn't.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
No too much green joke yet?!

The pic looks pretty cool. Though I think the grass should be darker and have a tad different shade of green. Unless that's how it is in the anime? I'm talking about something like this.

Death from Above
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The brightness is something that needs to be fixed I believe.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Team ZR fixes the game again!

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
My personal brightness settings are always low even in 1.2.3. I find darker shadows compliment games better, and even help in a way to visually improve textures(good or bad). It looks great, the shadow deffinition is awesome, but I agree it could be darker. Spirit bomb sprite still feels out of place with everything else. Cant wait to see the final product.. and the explosion that thing makes on impact ^,,^ Thank you team for sharing this wonderful piece of work here!

Proud owner of Half-Life
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
dafqu, EPIC IMAGE O.O, o.0.

Nice work !

@IFlip92 no??

Best answers
The graphics are so delicious; I like the new grass textures and I can tell you guys do too because the last few POTW's have been close-ups of it lol. Hope the new map is nice, mistook it for Cell Games you little ****s! Will the grass move intensely while powering up and near beams? The horizon is too bright it almost a spirit bomb horizon lol, perhaps test out toning it down. You can almost camouflage the bomb!!

Huge thanks for posting POTW every week, I was at work when this came out and I was literally jizzing all over my coworkers, jk I only wish I were....

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŽˆ Advanced
Best answers
"Catch the ball, goku" would be a better title for this PTOW ^^ but still this looks soo great, you're doing an amezing work , so keep it up :)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Jesus Christ. I feel like I'm just going to enjoy going into a LAN game and running across the landscape. I hope for a cool mountain/forest map, like what the place around Gero's Lab would be like.

Earth's Guardian
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
i can just imagine myself being like android 16 all nature loving while everyone fights above.this is just so distracting

Best answers
The spirit bomb should be so much brighter imo. It is a huge mass of energy that should reflect a high level of brightness, which would cast a bright blue tint over a large area of land. Kind of should be blinding almost if looked at directly.

Can I request a picture of the spirit bomb during the night cycle? I think it would be pretty cool to have the light source from the moon and the spirit bomb mix. :D

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
It should actually be so bright as to permanently damage to the player's eyes as the energy required to have that kind of visibility is enormous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom