I don't get melee! (I know how, just doesn't make sense to me)

Best answers
Ok, I'm fighting in a server. I'm playing as gohan with around 800k PL. Another gohan starts fighting me, with PL around 600k, (I had my scouter thingy on) so I charge at him, and right before I hit him he hits me back. This goes on about 8 times, he's not blocking or anything, he's lower PL and he just beats me to the punch every time. Yes, I do hold down right click. I was aiming right at him too. I like the melee system just most of the times I lose I don't get it at all, I mean he was the same character and lower power level. He wasn't even using the charge up and I was. He wasn't even moving! Can someone please explain this to me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hes using an exploit against you, he charges, waits and then swoops at the last second. It makes it so he has more ki than you (melee is based on how much ki you have no pl) and he will always hit you.
-UltraPerfectCell

Best answers
he's right. if u want to hit him first, u have to make sure you charge your ki to the max. then swoop (which usually isnt a good idea if they have just recharged their own ki, as your ki will decrease when you swoop at him and theirs will be full) and you should hit them first. if it was based on PL then someone who just entered the game could get owned by someone who was playing against bots on the lowest botskill. keep practicing, and you'll be as good as the rest of us.

Best answers
Oh so it's based on % ki... Thanks! So if I put charge on, it doesn't really give me any bonus except to damage and flying/running speed?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you put on charge, itll make you use even more ki when swooping. It doesnt increase your speed for swooping only the damage a little.
-UltraPerfectCell

Best answers
Wow, thanks a ton, I think someone should put that into the basic melee guide, I lost a lot because of that O_O That really helps a ton :)

Best answers
I just went into a game with this info.
Even if I had my KI charged up to max I was still getting hit first a large portion of the time.
There seem to be so many people that are "Insane" at melee and are never willing to help, they just beat up on the ant guy.
Another thing it, if someone swoops at you and you block. You release block whilst holding right click and they STILL hit you first.
I cant decide weather that or a person teleporting away after you have blocked them is most frustrating.

Sorry about that little rant there, I just wind up shouting at the monitor sometimes if I dont understand why Im the one flying through the air and not him.

Sorry once again

Moose

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to go only head on, but now that I swoop to the sides Im alot better. Try it with some bots and youll get alot better.

I changed the way I fought because even though I didn't sit and wait I would get called a hower, =/.

-UltraPerfectCell

Best answers
ah thanx for the valuable information, this will help me with my melee noobness a lot o_o lol

Best answers
Ok, I think im slowly getting the hang of it.
There still a few things that annoy the hell out of me. But I guess it cant be helped :D

Thanks man

Moose

Best answers
Alot of it has to do with FPS. If you're not at 100, you're probably not playing at your full potential. Also, if you never increase your mouse sensitivity, you'll pretty much be slower in all aspects of gameplay. Don't practice against bots. They give you a false sense of grandeur. You should be analyzing what works and what doesn't. For example, if your brain likes the block button, but you notice blocking never really results in you winning, maybe that would be an indication to never use block. If you had time to block, then you had ample time to teleport out of the way. Simple reasoning like this helps you refine your style to what works best. Its a long process of trial and error. Try to develop your own "signature moves" that are stylish and catch the opponent off guard. If the move seems too hard to do consistently, throw it away and develop a better one. You have a radar at your disposal, don't forget to make good use of it. Head-ons might win you many battles, but you might feel overwhelmed if a fast player is giving you only a 1-second window to react. Remember, practice makes perfect!

Best answers
Stuff with the ki man...I use melee like a professional!!!Sigh,my sig doesn't showing up...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Give it to me, I'll host it for you ;). My AIM is cool2brandon.

-UltraPerfectCell

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everybody types so long just say recharge your ki often cuz melee head on head depends on the one having the most ki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom