I can only see one Server

Mog

Best answers
This is how many ESF servers you should see...

That list was from only a few minutes ago and there were 67 servers.
Open Steam, click the "servers" button at the bottom, click the "Internet" tab at the top of the server list window, then set the filters to what I had, and you should see around that many servers too.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Post your system specs. A problem can (and is) most often explained by the person's system. Your version of Windows, DirectX, etc.

Go into Start->Run and type in "dxdiag" without the quotes. Your version of Windows and DirectX, your video card, your processor, and the amount of RAM you have.

Best answers
I have the same problem, but when I do all you say, it won't change =S
It says that I can't connect to the master game server to see the serverlist o_O

Best answers
i tried the filters thats how i always set them, and i only get one server,
i have:

Windows XP
DirectX 9.0C
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 DuoCore 4400+, MMX, 3DNOW, 2 CPU's
RAM: 1792MB(actually it is 2GB, but i added some to Video Mem, so it works better)
GraphX: None, only the onboard, NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That integrated video is likely the problem. It explains the rendering problems in those screenshots.

Mog

Best answers
SaGaR said:
i tried the filters thats how i always set them, and i only get one server
Well as long as...
  • the "Game" filter says exactly the words "Earth`s Special Forces" (with the grave accent `, rather than an apostrophe ' ...)
  • your Steam is completely up-to-date
  • you have a good Internet connection (and it's working fine)
  • your firewall isn't set up to block Steam from accessing the Internet
...then I don't think there's anything that could stop Steam from showing you the full list of ESF servers.

Best answers
actually i do have ECX installed, so it says ESF:ECX RC2 :p, but even before i even knew of ECX i had the problem

and when i click check for updates, is says steam is up-to-date
and my connection works fine, as i use MSN and i play GTA:SA MP
and thats working fine too, and Half life also works fine(online part)
i ahve NO firewall, except windows firewall, wich i allowed HL in to have acces to internet,

and i was actually already planning to buy a GrapX card, not too much spended, cuz i am saving for a PS3, so a cheap DX10 card, and all will do fine, i think/hope

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, try disabling Windows Firewall just while you play. Windows Firewall has been known to cause a lot of weird problems, both related and unrelated to Steam. Try disabling it and see if it works. It shouldn't hurt to turn it off.

Best answers
i just tried, but no luck, so as i said before, i'll just forget this, and when i get my GraphX card i'll just please myself with it till i have a ps3,, does ESF and Steam and all also work on Linux by the way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom