I can only see one Server

Best answers
Hi,
always when i search for a server i can only find one, and its always the same, so i can only play in one server, i dont know why it is, can someone help me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, are you playing 1.2.x or 1.3?

If you're playing 1.3, then it's no surprise.

Most people don't feel like hosting a game for a game that's incomplete. It's al ot of trouble to keep your server up to date with the latest Open Beta, and then all the users have to be up to date as well. Even if servers were up to date, not everyone would be able to play on them, and as such, it wouldn't really be worth the trouble of hosting a server. So it's a cycle, really.

If you're playing 1.2.x, then you might want to try and adjust your Filters. On the Server menu, there's a Filter button you can use to filter out the games you don't want. Try to reduce the number of filters you're using, this will show you more servers.

Best answers
Well, are you playing 1.2.x or 1.3?

If you're playing 1.3, then it's no surprise.

Most people don't feel like hosting a game for a game that's incomplete. It's al ot of trouble to keep your server up to date with the latest Open Beta, and then all the users have to be up to date as well. Even if servers were up to date, not everyone would be able to play on them, and as such, it wouldn't really be worth the trouble of hosting a server. So it's a cycle, really.

If you're playing 1.2.x, then you might want to try and adjust your Filters. On the Server menu, there's a Filter button you can use to filter out the games you don't want. Try to reduce the number of filters you're using, this will show you more servers.
ow sorry forgot to tell, i play 1.2.3 and i tried about every filter, and most of the time i turn all filters off(on all or something)
so i dont know anymore

and is it possible to just create a server with create server button, and that my friends can join it then?
cuz someone told me it couldnt,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, it's possible to create your own server so that other people can join.

Best answers
Yes, it's possible to create your own server so that other people can join.

how do you do that?, cuz me and a friend tried but it didnt work,
we have no clue how to do that correctly,
can you plz tell me?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's easy. You're using Steam, I hope?

Start ESF. On the main screen, there'll be options to 'Join a game' and 'Create a game', among others.

Use the 'Create a game' option to make a server. Your computer will then act as the server. You yourself will experience no lag, but other people who live far away from you or have slower connections may experience lag. This is common though, as you likely know.

When creating a server, turn off the LAN option. When you click on 'Creat a game', a window pops up with different tabs. One of the tabs has a LAN option on it. Turn that OFF. Otherwise your friends may not see your server, because you'd be telling the game that you're on a local area network, instead of the internet, and so it won't put the server online for others to see.

Best answers
It's easy. You're using Steam, I hope?

Start ESF. On the main screen, there'll be options to 'Join a game' and 'Create a game', among others.

Use the 'Create a game' option to make a server. Your computer will then act as the server. You yourself will experience no lag, but other people who live far away from you or have slower connections may experience lag. This is common though, as you likely know.

When creating a server, turn off the LAN option. When you click on 'Creat a game', a window pops up with different tabs. One of the tabs has a LAN option on it. Turn that OFF. Otherwise your friends may not see your server, because you'd be telling the game that you're on a local area network, instead of the internet, and so it won't put the server online for others to see.

i do use steam, and when i click "Create Server" i indeed get that popup, i choose a map, and on the other tab i untick "Lan Game" and set the max players and all but when i click start, it starts loading a few sec and then brings me back to main ESF page, and when i do max player: 1 it starts, i can choose a Char, and after that it loads for a while, and then it show me the Good or Evil, or auto-assign window AGAIN, and when i choose one of those i just see the map but not myself so i can only look around but not play, icant even move, i dont see a char, i can only use the mouse to look around:

edit:
by the way, is it the same "routine" if i want to create a server that has all ECX functions working?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
are you playing 1.2.3 or 1.2.3 with ecx?

are you sure you didnt choose to spectate?

if not when you create a server do you pick a team(evil or good) and then a character and then you cant move?

do you get any error on your console after you select a character?(open the console with the ` button)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It kind of sounds to me like your ESF is bugged out. ;x

This is why we don't support ECX and such.

Maybe you could try uninstalling, then redownloading and reinstalling ESF and see if the problem persists, then try installing ECX. Make sure you backup any files you want to keep, like your config file, model files etc before you uninstall.

Best answers
but i tried it also with 1.3 wich has no ecx installed and there it does exactly the same thing :s

are you playing 1.2.3 or 1.2.3 with ecx?
i tried both

are you sure you didnt choose to spectate?
yes i did not choose spectate

if not when you create a server do you pick a team(evil or good) and then a character and then you cant move?
yes i first pick evil or good then a char and then i get the evil and good window AGAIN, and when i click a team(i tried same and different team) i get the problem that i showed with pics

do you get any error on your console after you select a character?(open the console with the ` button)
that is a thing i have to check again, but as far as i know it didnt give any errors in the console

Force Pit Member
Best answers
by the same thing you mean that you cant move or that you only see one server?

if you mean only one server thats normal cause 1.3 open beta only has one public server

anyway if your using ecx with 1.2.3 you should ask at the ecx forums they might be able to help you better
www.corona-bytes.net

Best answers
by the same thing you mean that you cant move or that you only see one server?

if you mean only one server thats normal cause 1.3 open beta only has one public server

anyway if your using ecx with 1.2.3 you should ask at the ecx forums they might be able to help you better
www.corona-bytes.net
i cant even find a server at 1.3
and also with 1.2.3 i cant find servers(only one) but i can join servers that others play in sometimes,most of them says server is not responding

are there any servers from ESF team/Esforces.com or whatever?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
sorry i have no idea what the problem is :(

i suggest you check if you get any error at the console after you pick a character and if you do post it here

Best answers
sorry i have no idea what the problem is :(

i suggest you check if you get any error at the console after you pick a character and if you do post it here
ì just checked, but i get no error .... =S :S

edit:
but are there any servers from ESF team/Esforces.com or whatever for 1.2.3 and 1.3?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
nope no official servers from esforces

Best answers
"if you mean only one server thats normal cause 1.3 open beta only has one public server"
thats what you said, so do you by any chance know the IP address of this server?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
scool.no-ip.org:5009

thats the ip but im not 100% sure the server is still active

Best answers
okay ill try

edit:

too bad, it doesnt work anymore but thanks

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Indeed, the server doesn't work for me. Quite odd, as the person said it would be up 24/7.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I honestly can't think of a reason why ESF is giving you such problems. I'm thinking it must be your connection, or maybe Steam.

Do you have any other online games (on Steam)? If so, do they have the same problems?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom