huh powerstruggle?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok since i cant play 1.2 coz of steam, ive been seeing ppl (or rather...seeing there typed text :p) complain about powerstruggles

so my question is....what happend with the powerstruggles? what did they change :scared:

Best answers
Well, the game is much more melee now. Everyone is having fun with the new melee system. They say that it's much harder to charge a beam now and that there are less powerstruggles because everyone is melleeing eachother.

Best answers
Don't know if there's something changed (don't think so), but due the new melee system people always go melee-ing, and powerstruggles are very rare, i find that a bad think. Or when i load up my camehameha there's coming a melee whore to interfeer... grrr!!! Or when i shoot a kamehameha there's coming a melee whore interfeering, i realy realy REALY hate that.

Best answers
one of those melee whores is me i guess :laff:
till now i've only seen a powerstruggle once lol
most of the ppl i meet only wanna meleestruggle these days

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i cant say its a bad thing, melee was like 50% of the fights, it was all about kicking and punching, then there was 20% of using ki attacks. and offcourse 30% was bad mouthing and smack talking.

i´m sure after a few weeks the odds of using melee/beams
will change from 90/10 to 70/30. people will get tired after meleeing for a while, so they end up spamming beams from the top of the map ;)

Best answers
well....there's one thing that HAS changed....the hit boxes are smaller (for beams)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The explosion radius hasn't changed, if you where reffering to that, the size of the explosion itself has been somewhat decreased.

Best answers
hit boxes man.. thats the imaginary box around the beam head. Thats what makes it deal damage to you. No hit box (and various other things) the beam would go through you... Those have been minimized alittle. Makes for closer calls heh. Although it wouldnt matter. The shooter can just explode the beam right next to you...

Retired
Best answers
well really if u watch the show 90% of it is melee combat. they do throw a few random generic ki attacks but usualy not that many "signature" attacks. basicly the game has shifted to be more like the show. as for powerstrugles in general, we are doing things for it to make them better mainly so that the hit the loser.

Best answers
Yup.... and most of those ki attacks where just thrown to get the apponent to move where the attacker wants him to move. Perfect example. Freiza vrs trunks... he threw a small blast to get freiza into the air then MELEEED HIM to death (sword) Its like chess if you have ever played it. Everything in this game is about movement. If you can get your opponent in the most helpful situation on your part then you win. Simple as that.

BTW for all you ki mongers... There is a way to fight melee and still use ki. There small attacks but require pateints... If you have a working server on won and want to learn then just PM me...

Best answers
yeh well i use beams alot like if the person comes at me i just injure em by firing a beam or i knock em down and shoot em with generic beams but yeh ps is alot less and the only times i had it i forgot to turbo and my beam went flying right back at me [tear]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
energy saiyan said:
well....there's one thing that HAS changed....the hit boxes are smaller (for beams)
no it hasnt

Best answers
My only complaint is that it takes way too much time to switch between the attacks. I want to melee and shoot beams at will. It sucks that I have to select the attack before I use it.

Best answers
use the short cut keys, 1-6 i believe, plus during melee(starting from prepunc, or even during throw) you can set any other attack ready for use.

Best answers
Hibiki said:
no it hasnt

ow well....but something has changed...dont know what it is....but it makes sure u can have close calls as well as that you need to aim better to let a beam hit a beam ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why are u so hell bent on saying its differnt? ;/

Best answers
Well whatever the hell is different i can now use beams on ground without them exploding in my face. :)

Best answers
Yeah, that's a definite plus. Hated how you could never shoot from the ground with any large attacks >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom