HUD interface design

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
First of all this is NOT an official hud for esf, it's simply me having fun in photoshop.

I felt like doing something artistic this morning and decided to try and make some crazy interface just for the heck of it.

Comments always appreciated:)

I am no more
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This one's actually pretty nice !

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Wow. This looks pretty great! However, it does looks *very* similiar to the one we've already seen.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If you mean the "olive" hud, yeah I made that one too, maybe thats why :fight:

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well yeah we can clearly see the source of inspiration but this one's rather an improved version if you'd like.
Speaking of huds...i can't remember what the team said about this one (if it's just photoshop over the pic or an actual hud):

I really love the minimalist approach on this one. With a few tweaks it could become stellar.

Last edited:
Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks pretty damn boss.

I don't know how big a role stamina plays in the gameplay, but if its as important as energy I'd suggest making its bar as big as the energy bar.

That is one smooth hud though.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer this one - nice clean vectors and it would be pure sex. Great job!

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Shadi reminded me I forgot to putt numbers in for health and ki. So here we go:

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is pretty cool. If you actualy feel like putting this ingame as an alternative HUD feel free to message me. ESF's HUD system is like a website, you can use HTML5, JavaScript (jquery if you like) to modify and build the HUD. Creating a HUD for ESF is virtually the same as creating a website.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah sure, I rarely see you on skype lately though.

Project Manager
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah sure, I rarely see you on skype lately though.
I am hardly ever on Skype. You can find me on TS, Steam, ICQ, MSN or Facebook :-D

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🥉Legacy Semifinalist
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
how i told u
u should made more huds for everything jaja
that could be pretty cool

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all this is NOT an official hud for esf, it's simply me having fun in photoshop.

I felt like doing something artistic this morning and decided to try and make some crazy interface just for the heck of it.
http://shrani.si/f/1W/33/3hkBHygm/hud.png

Comments always appreciated:)
I really like this, As Raven said if you're willing to give it to us I will push for it to get added
It works as the spelt out beginners HUD too that was suggested and doesn't look ugl like Grega said it would

I am hardly ever on Skype. You can find me on TS, Steam, ICQ, MSN or Facebook :-D
MSN is Skype now :p
ICQ is dead
Add me on Facebook :(

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Just talked to Raven about it, I will try and get the it sliced tomorrow and then hopefully Raven can help me finish it. :)

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really like the hud, nicely done Ice ;D

Best answers
I actually love this hud, I like the red sparkle at the end of the transformation bar that clearly shows that you're able to ascend

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I like it as well, but I have some constructive critiques to give! :)

I have some issues with the stamina bar, now I don't know how important Stamina is, but the colouring, size and just general look makes it stand out a bit from the overall design. It could be streamlined a bit more increasing its coherence to the rest of the design. It's the same with the attack icon, I wonder if it wouldn't be better that it the icon itself wasn't cropped like that but that the whole beam head was showing? Dunno if this is your area or the teams. Furthermore, I think that it is illogical that the closer your health bar reaches 0 the harder it is to distinguish the individual bars. Right now it turns brighter the more life you have, but shouldn't it be the other way around? However, I guess that an effect such as blinking bars in red could be implemented when your HP has dropped to a certain level. But I wouldn't know! Lastly, remove anything that is not needed e.g. the green bars and make the upper black part of the HUD (behind the transform meter) also have that gradient effect as the other black parts of the design.

2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah I agree with all your crits Baaja. I will fix it today, the idea about the flashing hp bar, when low on health seems really good too.

1.21 Gigawatts!
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
woha, nice work Ice or should i say sensei xP, it looks badass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom