HUD Heads

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

<hr>
<object width="432" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/142191"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.moddb.com/media/embed/142191" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="true" width="432" height="340"></embed></object><br /><a href="http://www.moddb.com/mods/earths-special-forces/videos/heads">Earths Special Forces Mod for Half-Life Videos & Audio - Mod DB</a>​
After the Open Beta: Final was released, we promised that heads would be shown in the HUD instead of the character's body. Although the heads are now showing in the HUD, we decided to take advantage of this little feature. To make the feature look interesting, we decided to animate the heads. I'm sure many of you have noticed this change in recent screenshots, but since it looks so much better in motion compared to one frame, a short clip of these animations will be shown!

<hr>
With the recent additions of the FX System and High Poly Maps, two job openings are now available: Particle FX Artist, and Environment Artist. If you're interested in the job, or are looking for more details, head on over to the recruitment thread!

<hr>
Hope you enjoyed the update! Come back next week!

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Video is still processing.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes the heads will look directly at you an wink. It's really disconcerting and creepy. I think I even saw one blow a kiss at me.

I'm a beta tester so you know it's true. I totally wouldn't lie.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sometimes the heads will look directly at you an wink. It's really disconcerting and creepy. I think I even saw one blow a kiss at me.

I'm a beta tester so you know it's true. I totally wouldn't lie.
Guess its just my charming personality. But i never get that unless im playing with 18 ^^

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I only get it when playing as Frieza =|

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's never clear what frieza is, so maybe you're getting the best of both worlds.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I used to think that Frieza was a girl.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask me. The original JAP voices kinda remind me more of saying Freezer then Frieza.

Think about it. His family line is 1 Cooler and 1 king Cold. Freezer fits in a bit more than Frieza ^^

In any case the heads are cool ^^

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the jap sounds more like Furiza, definately more male in the jap though :x

Back from the shadows
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
The Funi dub made him sound more alien, which was cool in a way but the Jap dub layed it out as clear as can be: A male alien with lipstick and no penis.

EDIT: Cool Hud by the way, but I'm dying to know what that red spot is on the POTW. FX script glitch? At least it is now known that the black birds on the map are caused by a glitch in the code and not by the engine itself.

Last edited:
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
veddy veddy noice, a question tho, idk if its in the plan or not, but will u have the heads react to pain, like atleast 3 random hit animations that show them flinching or so, or maybe when shooting a kamehameha

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
veddy veddy noice, a question tho, idk if its in the plan or not, but will u have the heads react to pain, like atleast 3 random hit animations that show them flinching or so, or maybe when shooting a kamehameha
That would rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom