HOWTO: Fix Installer problems

Best answers
english version:
ok ill try to get that zipfile back on the forum and place it at one of my own site's so I can wish you all happy downloading, i won't delete the files on my ESF page on my site so you can still download the stuff. plz keep an eye on the forum.
en remember everybody gets his credits on my site that solved those and this problem for me and many other players!

plz keep an eye on the forum.

DONT PLACE ANY MESSAGES ABOUT "I CANT INSTALL THE ****" WE ARE WORKING ON IT!!

Dutch version:
ok ik ga proberen die zipfile terug te krijgen zodat ik m ook op mn eigen site kan stoppen, en ik zal de pagina waar de ESF files stan op mijn site niet deleten zodat jullie ze nog steeds kunne downen.

en iedereen krijgt zn naam op mn site die mij en vele anderen hebben geholpen om de probleem en dit probleem op te lossen!

Dus hou dit forum in de gaten

EN GA GEEN DINGEN POSTEN OVER "IK KAN HET NIET INSTALLEN" WANT WE ZIJN ER MEE BEZIG!!

Greetz *Crash*

Best answers
Where can you download ESP 2.0 ( Alpha )

Waar kan je ESP 2.0 ( alspha ) downloaden ??

Best answers
You must have Beta 1 man that is is much better as Alpha 1!

Alpha is oud man!Je moet Beta 1 hebben die is veel beter.

Best answers
euh , ik heb eerst half life geinstaleerd en dan esp 1 maar ik kan single player niet spele

Best answers
You only have to download alpha2.0 if you having problems with installing beta1 with the installer,
then read the manual on my site mentioned in some posts before, alpha2.0 could be found somewhere in the archives on this site.
I thuoght theire wasnt a singleplayer mode so dont bother to try solving that problem.

If beta1 works fine you do not have to donload alpha, if beta works, be a happy man.

(ik ga niet alles vertalen want we kunnen allemaal best engels
er meerdere zitten hier meerdere mensen met dit probleem, en niet alleen Nederlanders.)

Best answers
Ja ok maar meschien zijn er nederlands die jong zijn en die nog niet zo goed engels kunnen.Maar ja ik doe het vanaf nu ook alleen maar in het engels

Best answers
ESF is a great game but I spent more time trying to fix it than playing it..... I hope my little post will help solve everyone's dilemma's

Anyway I'm restating what Crash said with additions from the manual at http://www.mapsfromcrash.tk
(If you have difficulties installing Beta1.1) Such as an Error-1605 , 13005, and etc... Then your solution is to follow these STEPS taken from the manual.

If you get the client.dll error (just get the "fmod.dll" and paste it in your counter-strike/halflife folder)

If already installed ESF and can't activate it then your problem is renaming the ESforces folder to ESF (yes it's that simple unless... you renamed every folder manually)

Please double check your C: Drive if you have enough space...(Reason: When you install the files temporary go into your TEMP folder and then automatically deletes after installation)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1: Get Alpha 2.0, Get the beta1.1 Final.zip, DLLs' package, and Textures. (NOTE: you should only get the dll package if you get the client.dll error, also you if you get some texture error you download the texture pack.)

Step 2: Install ESFAlpha2.0 and make sure you select your destination at Halflife/Counter-strike folder (IF you just installed half-life then you should install the 1.01 update first).

Step 3: Rename the "EarthSpecialForces" Folder to "ESF" (Reason for this is because beta1.1's new folder is "ESF" and no longer "ESforces").

Step 4: Unzip ESFfinalbeta1.zip into your half-life/counter-strike folder (A window should pop up say if you want to overwrite so select yes to all and ignore the damaged file)

Step 5: Copy fmod.dll from "ESF" folder to "Halflife" folder. (you can get this on http://www.mapsfromcrash.tk under the temporarily ESF files page )

Step 6: Unzip "crash's sprites" package into your "ESF" folder, it should auto create a "sprites" folder and thus ask if you want to overwrite, say yes.

FINAL step: Open up half-life on the menu selection screen you should select the mod and then highlight the ESF text box and select activate. IF you have counter-strike you open CS and under the menu selection you select "Custom Game". Then you highlight the ESF text box with your cursor and select activate.

Best answers
forgot to add the Thanks to Nazghul, =(S4L)=Joene, =(S4L)=Angelus and Jammer for solving the problem. Also thanks to Crash for his post on this topic and his willingness to help others.

Another NOTE: http://mirror.oktagone.net/games/half-life/mods/esf/ <----- this link is broken for ALPHA 2.0

You should go here to get ALPHA2.0 http://www.daddeln.de/index.php?s=&section=filedb&dir_id=534

(for those LINUX users.. sorry there's only a windows version of alpha2.0)

Another broken link
http://www.g0dsclan.net/ESF/ESF-Beta1Final.zip
(Right now I'm looking for a site that has this file....)

Best answers
thnx for youre support 2 but i already contact the guy's from g0ds and the guy that put that link up is not theire for a while, so im still waiting for a reply of someone that can bring that link back up.

Best answers
hi, when i try to install esf i get this error:

and when i try to install MSI, i get this one:

i reeeaaally wanna play ESF!!! can someone help me?

Windows 2000
:notice: 4meg Intel Gfx card

Best answers
1 question...
did you have read the first 2 pages of this forum?
it say's some ppl cant install it... then they are trying to solve the problem... they solved it, but theire was another problem the link of an important file was down.. now is *Crash* waithing for the owner of that link to put it back up and upload it then to its own site. so plz dont ask anthing just waith for the link or the ESF team must come with a better install program...

Best answers
Originally posted by gpas
here i am sitting wacthing the install and then c:\halflife\esf\esf.wad
then it goes on to
c:\halflife\esf\namek.wad
then this little ugly think pops up and says
error 1335 the cabinet file "data1.cab" ruqierd for this installation
is corrurt and can not be used

and i have downloaded it off 3 of the servers so whats up
I got the same problem over here , if ANYBODY has an answer on this problem , please , post it here !!!!!!

THX anyway ...

[email protected] ...:cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
I HATE ESF BETA 1.Always install probs juck.There need to come a new version and fast so that all probs are gone:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
Can anyone post the zip again?Last tme i had the zip i could play again only the SSJtrunks file whas broken so i needed to download a coostom model but found a cool one.So can anyone post the zip again???:]

Best answers
I'm completely whit you , airwolf , there must be fast a new version because this installer is really bad ... and if anyone could upload the zip , please do it ... I REALLY want to play the mod ...:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
and where can you download the beta1.1 Final.zip ? or is that the name of the zip that is broken ? THX anyway ...

Best answers
Yea also when it has no updates as long the installers probs are gone.And i need the beta 1 zip again so i can play again.So anyone has the zip?Post it than plz:rolleyes:

Best answers
Oh yea can anyone tell me also when the new version of ESF comes?I wonan now.And if you guys want some cool download stuff for ESF go than to:http://www.redsaiyan.net/ and press on file DB.There are some cool maps and and models and a very good transformting aura.And i wonan say it is not mine site but i just wonna say it.....:D :D :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom