HOWTO: Fix Installer problems

Best answers
You can go to www.esforces.com and click on their archives button at the top somewhere. That'll take you to archived news and you'll scroll down and see a link to ESF Alpha.

Best answers
ok just go to my site ( http://www.mapsfromcrash.tk ) go to the Temporaly ESF files page you can download the Sprites,the manual, dll files, and some textures.

The manual is copied from the post of Jammer (I edited a bit ) the manual contains the link to the alpha download and the zip download

The texture files dont have to be downloaded because i dont know if youll need it.

The dll files only have to be downloaded if you encounter dll problems and you cant solve them with the manual.

(i have still the problem that im missing some textures, im figuring out wich one's and put them on the site as soon as possible)

All the files you have downloaded can be runned in youre esf directory if asked to overwrite some files say yes.

I want to thank Nazghul, =(S4L)=Joene, =(S4L)=Angelus and Jammer for solving the problem.

Best answers
are those errors from the alpha install or are they from my .exe files?

if it's the alpha it could be bad link or something, if so ill try to upload ESF alpha to my site but that could take a day, and im not the only one thats using this computer. So it could be up sunday.

if this is about the ESF beta youll should look around the forum for an solution, if you cant find it post a new tread. Or try the way I did it.

Best answers
Originally posted by Angry_Scotsman
it installed for me then when i join game it says esf executable out of date but i got beta 1 any ideas?

This is mine exact poblem someone please help!
Thanx:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
Originally posted by Jammer

* "You must install this mod...." even though I had already installed it.
+ My folder was still named "ESForces" and not "ESF". I don't know why I noticed this and changed it, but when I did, it let me into the games!
read first ask questions later when they realy dont work.

Best answers
:) yo crash, so i'm dutch. does the username blow my cover?

i also had some error masseges about not finding textures and stuff, that's because the final zip has a few flaws. if you download the .......TARG (something like that) , you can take the missing files from there and place them in the folders where they belongO_O .
BUT FIRST YOU HAVE TO UNZIP THE FINAL ZIP AND PLACE MOD.DLL IN THE HALFLIFE FOLDER!
try it out!!:yes: :rolleyes:

ze hebben van die instalatie programma een tering zooi gemaakt! :)

Best answers
someone i know had the same problem except he had a F drive
so he couldnt install it either

Best answers
If i wona deinstall it say's:Error number 0x80040707.And when i wonna install it say's:Error number 0x80040707 again and than after that comes:1628:Failed to complete installation.Can anyone help me??????:cry: :cry: :devil: :devil:

Best answers
i dont know about errors i think you just have to deinstall it manualy and let windows search for left overs of the game (shortcuts and ****) i dont play the game myself anymore i think its a bit crap know somehow, I dont know why... I realy enjoyed the alpha...

a well i will visit this forum some times but the temporaly ESF page will be delete soon from my site
( http://www.mapsfromcrash.tk ) because ppl are finnished downloading. If someone still have the problem go download the needed files. the page will be deleted this weeks sunday.

Best answers
Can't find anymore files.I realy don't now wye he won't deinstall it.I wona play again i wonna kick some ashes!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
Buta my mom dos that stuff and she don't wonna reinstall the cmp and to format she almost dos never

Best answers
I have tried every way to try and fix the problem but i am coming up short and i am starting to get very pissed. The zip file that someone posted doesnt work for me and the .msi file doesnt solve the problem either. I really want to play because of everyone else's good comments saying it is a very good game but it just doesnt work for me!!!!. Help please by replying or sending an email to [email protected]. Thankyou:\ :\

Best answers
<b>when i try to install it it says 1068 error driver instance or something......how can i fix it?? where can i download the zip>????</b><b>when i try to install it it says 1068 error driver instance or something......how can i fix it?? where can i download the zip>????</b>

Best answers
I have installed half life and then ESP , I can activate the game but I can't play the singel player version !! HELP ME !!!

Best answers
Originally posted by <DeurWaardeR>
if installing goes wrong do this!!!

-install halflife
-instal esf 2.0
-unzip the beta100-final.zip, in the esf folder, and put the fmod.dll in the half life folder.

try it!!:) :yes: ;)
Thanks because of u it works be me!!! Tanks!!!

Best answers
Originally posted by tha_pulse
Try using windows update and look for the windows installer updates; it fixes serveral installprograms inlc msi ;p
Dude, kan je mij helpen??? als ik wil connecten in een game komt er op "could not load library C: \sierra\half-life\ESF\dlls\cl_dll" ofzoiets ... ;D Grrr ik wil gamen
------------------------------------------
Dakota

Best answers
I need to fix that problem op page 5 can anyone help me now?;D ;D ;D ;D ben ook nl

Best answers
dus als iemand NL is doe het dan in NL plz(dit was ik vergeten):]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom