HOWTO: Fix Installer problems

Best answers
Hey is there some other method of installing besides the f---ing install shield or unzipping it from a zip?

Best answers
4 all those people out dere dat cant even EXTRACT a file properly then this is 4 u...
right click on da zip file and find EXTRACT, extract the file in2 ur game directory, eg, mine is C:*\Sierra\Counter-Strike\
and everything shoold be sweet, but da only problem is dat deres no SSJ Trunks... but who cares, hehe

and yes updataing ur CS or HL or wotever is important, otherwise dont worry about net gameing and i also think forget LAN...

BTW ignore the corrupted file warning, the game still runs without it so dunt stress..

ciao wogasm

Best answers
When i wonna deinstall it syas:Error:0x80040707.And when i= wonna install it he say's the same.Can anyone help me?:cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
If all the thing u told us to do and noting works maybe just remake the update.....

Best answers
dude can anyone of you help me out here? im a newbie with comps....:cry: anyways, i dled EFS to Counterstrike folder and every single time i go to the CS icon, it asks if i want to dl......I NEED HELP!!! I WONDER WHATS WRONG! AND I CAN't PLAY CS!

Best answers
well....i really need to know the simplest stepts to dling the thang:S and i need the best help possible! PLZ HELP ME!!!!! like for example, when u dl it, when it say (o) or (s) or stuff, do i click the o or the s? and what do i save it to? if u guys call me a complete newbie, i dont really care cause im no comp nerd:) and also...IM STUPID! lololol:p

Best answers
it installed for me then when i join game it says esf executable out of date but i got beta 1 any ideas?

Best answers
Originally posted by [SUF]Unknown
LOL I left this mod soon after Alpha 1.0 was released and the day I come back to check on it, beta 1.0 was released! Well, I downloaded it (esfb100.exe) and I tried to install it.

The two times I tried, I got a need more space error. (I have ~300mb on my C:\ drive and ~2.5GB on my D:\ drive, which is also my 1 and only Half-Life drive.

Now, after clearing all the space I could, the installer freezes and won't continue past the "Configuring Windows Installer" step. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, it says its "Not Responding".

Comp specs:

1 1GB drive (C:\ drive with ~300mb of free space)
1 3GB drive (D:\ drive with ~2.5gb of free space. Only thing on it is Half-Life and mods)
1 20GB drive (E:\ drive with ~10GB of free space)
~352mb of PC1000(?) Ram
Voodoo3 3000 16mb
AMD K-6 with 3D accel. support ~400mhz

Running:
Win98

I tried that link on the first post, but it says I already have it and won't reinstall.
that is EXACTLY what's happening to me only i have xp. and don't tell me to extract from the zip cuz some one already said it was for linux and i ain't about to dl a file that big with 56k if it ain't gonna work (i already dled the regular version twice, took me a while too) all i wanna do is play the frickin mod :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
And why arnt any ESF guy's replyíng our calls for help?

Can you ESF guy's cant say when youre remake of the Install program is finished? if you are busy with it anyway.

Dont get us wrong maby some of us do a bit rude but we just wanna play this great game.... so plz reply something so we know more

Best answers
if installing goes wrong do this!!!

-install halflife
-instal esf 2.0
-unzip the beta100-final.zip, in the esf folder, and put the fmod.dll in the half life folder.

try it!!:) :yes: ;)

Best answers
so far so good, thnx for that step but now he's talking about: Mod_NumForName: sprites/bleuattacka.spr not found.

Could you place youre sprites folder some on a website or something it would be great if you ore someone else would do that or i could add you to my contact list of msn.
(/me is dutch 2 :) )

Best answers
ok its working now ive asked someone for the sprite map and i can play the game now. ok for all the guy's that cnt play the game:

step 1: install ESF alpha
step 2: download the zip from the link earlyer in this topic (page 1)
step 3: download my sprites file from www.mapsfromcrash.tk youll find youre way theire the link should be up @ 10 minutes from now that i posted this mssg

step 4: you just copy the sprites map in youre esforces folder and copy over the other sprites.

Step 5: have lots of fun

[edit] link is up [/edit]

Best answers
the reason the esf team arnt probebly replying is because..
1. u shood of read bak on every beta 1 thread concerning problems because almost every problem has ben faced
2. they find this thread very amusing :p

btw n00bs dunt double post deres a little button called EDIT where u can add to wot u wanna say, i say this 2 get some of u guyz out of trouble

Best answers
right you are ALMOST every problem, im trying to solve this problem my selfe and btw this problem is in the HOW TO: Fix installer problems and thats what we are doing right now.
im very sorry for the double post **** just happens.

but back to it i have started the game now then it gaves an error about the client.dll i got that one from someone else again and now i have the problem he say's i have to install the game :S

someone got suggestions?

Best answers
Yo everyone, I got ESF to work. At first I was experiencing the "Not Responding" installer program with WinXP. So I went to the boards, and saw the zip, and I saw a couple other posts... and after mixing and matching, I've made it work!

Okay, here goes...

1) D/L the zip from Hibiki's link.
2) D/L ESF Alpha.
3) D/L the sprites link from *crash*
4) Install ESF Alpha. (Into your Halflife folder, it will automatically create an "ESForces" folder... I think.)
5) Rename the "ESForces" folder to "ESF"
6) Unzip the zip into your Halflife folder (It should automatically extract the files into an "ESF" folder and thus ask to overwrite "ESF", say yes to all, ignore the damaged file.)
7) Copy fmod.dll from "ESF" folder to "Halflife" folder.
8) Unzip *crash*'s sprites thing into your "ESF" folder, it should auto create a "sprites" folder and thus ask if you want to overwrite, say yes.

Now, when you go to load up the mod in CS, the "install" button will be dimmed, and when you load it, the background will be ESF and have saiyans on the right instead of a big Buu.

Problems I encountered, then solved:

* "Not Responding" beta installer problem with winXP.
+ Didn't use the installer

* Old ESF loaded even though I unzipped
+ I got mixed up with the folders, for instance, with the zip, I unzipped it into my "ESF" folder, so what it did, was create another "ESF" folder inside my current "ESF" folder, and thus didn't overwrite anything. Same thing happened with the sprites. So I just ended up copy/pasting the folders onto each other, but if you follow my instructions above, you shouldn't encounter this.

* "Problem loading library..... client.dll"
+ It was loading the old client.dll because of my zip directory problems mentioned in the problem listed before this one.

* "You must install this mod...." even though I had already installed it.
+ My folder was still named "ESForces" and not "ESF". I don't know why I noticed this and changed it, but when I did, it let me into the games!

I think that's it, post another msg if you have more probs, and I'll see what I can figure out.

Peace.

Best answers
For the past 3 days iv`e tried to download ESF,and being a 56ker doesn`t add to the "fun" i`m having just trying to get it,i tried all the links including the zip file,and for some reason everytime it will say it`s finished and it stops downloading,and i have to restart the whole process again b/c the incomplete version won`t even get past checking windows for the installer,and on the incomplete zip it just stops andit and says "No zip file,bad zip file or part of a spanned zip file",so now i`m trying from Kazaa to dl the beta,and where do i get the Alpha 2.0 that you say i need?

Best answers
jammer youre right i just solved the problem with Nazghul

now you only need the right textures ill try to place everything youll need for fixing this problem on my site so you can do the things jammer say's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom