HOWTO: Fix Installer problems

Best answers
LOL I left this mod soon after Alpha 1.0 was released and the day I come back to check on it, beta 1.0 was released! Well, I downloaded it (esfb100.exe) and I tried to install it.

The two times I tried, I got a need more space error. (I have ~300mb on my C:\ drive and ~2.5GB on my D:\ drive, which is also my 1 and only Half-Life drive.

Now, after clearing all the space I could, the installer freezes and won't continue past the "Configuring Windows Installer" step. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, it says its "Not Responding".

Comp specs:

1 1GB drive (C:\ drive with ~300mb of free space)
1 3GB drive (D:\ drive with ~2.5gb of free space. Only thing on it is Half-Life and mods)
1 20GB drive (E:\ drive with ~10GB of free space)
~352mb of PC1000(?) Ram
Voodoo3 3000 16mb
AMD K-6 with 3D accel. support ~400mhz

Running:
Win98

I tried that link on the first post, but it says I already have it and won't reinstall.

Best answers
Dont mind me saying this ESF crew, but man, if you want your mod to become more popular you're going to need to not make it a federal case to install something, i havent done any mods myself, but at least the mods in flashpoint or C&C gave you simple directions to paste something in, but for this its like every time its more confusing. I'd suggest waiting longer to release ESF rather than have it be confusing to install, it just my 2 cents.

---------------------

Scratch that, using the zip link, it worked perfectly except for one error, all the characters, sounds, ect. are there.

Good job ESF crew, still i'd hope it gets easier as time passes on.

Best answers
why the hell did the ESF team make it 90 meg when u can get a 20 meg less download in the way of hibiki's zip? and wtf is with the oktagone mirrors, they keep stuffing!

-EDIT- I also have found that anything using that MS installer crap is really crap.. why didnt u just use an installer similar to the alpha? it would have caused much less problems

Best answers
i want to know why no one will help i have tried and begged but no one will
hibikis zip is confusing and it doesn't have a voiceicon and what is a setting.scr and a user.scr please ppl help me here

Best answers
Originally posted by [SUF]Unknown

Now, after clearing all the space I could, the installer freezes and won't continue past the "Configuring Windows Installer" step. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Del, it says its "Not Responding".
i just got the beta..took me ages as i am on a 56k, neway..i get exactly the same problem as [SUF]Unknown here does...can ne of the team reply to these posts? and help sort stuff out..??

Best answers
I have the same problem as gpas, I download it then click on installer and when it gets to 60% or more it says it has an error on which it can't find Cabinet1. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Best answers
Hi
i love this mod but... i keep getting stupid errors

Could not load library D:Games\Half-Life\ESFORCES\Cl_Dlls\Client.dll

then gives some odd error about memory buffers....

Best answers
I got the thing installed but IT WONT START!!!
i even tried the zip file on the last page but no luck
>_< help please

Best answers
Originally posted by SSJ Jamash
i just got the beta..took me ages as i am on a 56k, neway..i get exactly the same problem as [SUF]Unknown here does...can ne of the team reply to these posts? and help sort stuff out..??

Any help for us by the Dev team? I would really like to play this mod in its new and improved form.

Best answers
Hey i tried the zip but there is one file damaged,and everytime i start playing esf and i can only play like 5 min and then it crashes :cry: Somebody help me?

Best answers
Yea, I downloaded the installer from 3 of the four mirrors at first release. (All of the oktagon mirrors except for the first one)

I am trying to get my dad to install it on his computer so I can just copy it over to mine over LAN.

EDIT: NM now, my dad did this^

Best answers
can anyone umm make the voiceicon.spr downloadable on here tat would be great if u could

Best answers
After installing the game, i try to open it up (so i can play) and this popup comes up (Cannot find the file ‘d:\program files\sierra\half-life\esforces\../hl.exe’ (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all required libraries are available.) Can somebody please help me?

Best answers
Try this : install the mod to the default thing that comes up on the installer i had the same trouble u guys do all i did was extract to the default directory in the installer and it installed no problem then i jus moved it to the proper place

* O yea im back ^_^*;)

Best answers
Ok This is whats going on I have the Half-Life Game ok! I install it everything is cool! but when I try 2 install ESF Beta It wont let me! it keeps on saying ''Error 1706. No Valid source could be found for product ESF Beta. The Windows installer cannot countuine'' I mean I have Half-Life the real version I got it from a Game Shop near my house and it works fine! I mean what the hell is going on! will some one help!
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Best answers
aye guys dont install the zip one if you have windows

its linux

i tried to install it and the same thing happneed

again dont install if you have windows

Best answers
u guys try 2 update HL? cuz that might be the run error
im not sure about the not installing thing
i got the game on the first server they made ^_^; (release night)
my friend has XP and it works on his computer
if ur using IE try NEtscape cuz the have different downloading things (they come out different) i do that if i want to download something and it messes up in IE wen im unzipping...

...it always works 4 me! :p lol
<smash> :fight: hehehe...

so try it if not that maybe Mozilla??? (or not)

well if u still have P... R... O... B... L... E... M... S... problems!!!
well it mighnot work 4 u tho cuz i got win98

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom