HOWTO: Fix Installer problems

Best answers
i got it but no matter what one i get it says i have the wrong OS and im on XP and got XP first and no go

i even got the thing on the bottom

then i even manully installed it and still no go

why is there no zip version ?

Best answers
Try using windows update and look for the windows installer updates; it fixes serveral installprograms inlc msi ;p

Best answers
hey guys i dled the beta, and installed it. at 99% it said it was registering product, but then error codes popped up saying i couldnt bind like 20 keys to values, can u guys please help me out????;/

Best answers
Same prob installer from ESF gives this error: Error 1327.invalid Drive C:\

probebly because i dont have that but a drive D!!
i dont know how to change tis withuot formatting

the script doesnt work it say's i have downloaded the wrong one but i have XP!

so i just try the zip

Best answers
i installed the script int. and i already have msi. it keeps giving me eror codes abotu how i dont habe access to these files, and i need to verify that i have this, i deleted msi and reinstalled it, but no such change as i hoped I WISH SOME ONE WOULD HELP ME;(

Best answers
I've downloaded and installed esf, though when I run it, its smooth then when I go to join a server it tells me I need to install custom game which I have! Any solution?

Best answers
i tried dling the zip, but its still confusing to me when i have to extract the files, id rather just install it the normal way if any one can help me

Best answers
Originally posted by Decimator
i tried dling the zip, but its still confusing to me when i have to extract the files, id rather just install it the normal way if any one can help me
ull never meet a man u've never met ;D

Best answers
try making a new folder and extracting it into that instead of install hit extract oh i just found i am missing a voiceicon.spr can anyone help me there

Best answers
alright thats it
all the things i have downloaded for this haven't worked i am pissed off i dont know wether or not to piss on this game or burn it. i am sorry for the attidtude but i have waited 2 years for this i am tired of getting nothin but bullSh**

Best answers
ok got past the voice thing now it just kicks me out after it preaches resources any thoughts

Best answers
Ok I'm kinda pissed now. I tried installing the latest MSI and discovered I already have it so I'm gonna try this zip file.

Best answers
Who is responsible for these installation errors? Does this installer completely hate Windows XP?
I downloaded the installation file (esfb100.exe) and a DOS window pops up and then shuts down in about 1 second. The MSI installer doesn't do jack. I have a 56K connection and downloading 90 MB files isn't too fun.
Just about every file I have downloaded from here is bad in some kind of way.
The game is great, but it may not be worth the trouble.
--and how about replying to the bot posts--

Best answers
here i am sitting wacthing the install and then c:\halflife\esf\esf.wad
then it goes on to
c:\halflife\esf\namek.wad
then this little ugly think pops up and says
error 1335 the cabinet file "data1.cab" ruqierd for this installation
is corrurt and can not be used

and i have downloaded it off 3 of the servers so whats up

Best answers
OK it installs but then when i reboot it says i need a new up to date installer and the MSI thing doesnt work and the Install script thing says i dnot have permissionj to access it this is *** u think itd work after they spent so much time on it

Best answers
I've completely installed the game with the .exe file i saved it in the map C:/SIERRA/esf as said but what do i start to run the game??

Best answers
I have the exact same problem as vegetto you need to instal the custom game before you can play it, then i check at custom games and click on it, and the install option is indeed stil open, but then i click on instal and it says:

This game is already installed are you sure you want to re-instal it?

So wtf!?!?!?!?!?

Plz help, and if the team doesnt know a solution yet plz hurry to work on it cuz i dont think we are the only one with this major prob. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom