How to get a model (mdl) into Milkshape

Best answers
Ok so I got the trial for 30 days, and I wanna make a preferrably goku/trans type model, and I need a good base to start with, but I have no clue on how to export something from .ms3d to .mdl or vice versa, I'm such a newb to modeling, but I want to learn

Best answers
Ermmm no sorry thats not what I mean, I want to MAKE models, I have milkshape3d, but I want to take some things and convert it into a ms3d file

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well to make models i suggest you go on google.com and search for some tutorials. there are plenty out there. But good luck i hear modeling is much harder then most other things.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You want to import a model, right?

1.) Go to tools> Half-Life> Decompile normal HL MDL file. (make sure its in its own folder before doing this)

2.) Then file> Import> Half-Life SMD. The model's mesh (the model shape) is usually named what the model is. So for example, Goku's mesh would be called goku.smd, Vegeta's would be vegeta.smd, ect. Sometimes its not. If it isnt just find the SMD with the largest filesize, and that would be it.

Best answers
W8, quote on 'make sure its in its own folder before doing this' that means what? Have it in the: C :\ProgramFiles\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\halflife\esf\models\player\ssjgoku ???

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Be sure to ask permission from the creator(s), If you're going to edit there model/skin,
Would'nt wanna get in trouble now do ya lol.

Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phearless said:
W8, quote on 'make sure its in its own folder before doing this' that means what? Have it in the: C :\ProgramFiles\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\halflife\esf\models\player\ssjgoku ???
No, copy that folder, and put it on the desktop or something. Because its going to deconpile it, breaking it down all the way. The folder will consist of over 40 files; the animations, skins and models.

Fatal_CobraX said:
Be sure to ask permission from the creator(s), If you're going to edit there model/skin,
Would'nt wanna get in trouble now do ya lol.
He only has to do that if he shows it to the public.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom