How to communicate with game developers

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Rami Ismail, programmer and co-owner of the Dutch game company Vlambeer has written an article about how players and fans communicate with game developers.

As Vlambeer, the studio I work at, has gotten bigger and our community has grown beyond our biggest fans, I've noticed a shift in the way people interact with us. Where we used to mostly get messages of support and understanding, the ratio of messages that treat us like two guys making video games versus those that treat us like a giant corporation that makes small games has slowly been tilting towards the latter.

That's not a surprising development per se—with the release of Ridiculous Fishing we've reached hundreds of thousands of people who have no notion of Vlambeer beyond a quick logo at the boot of the game. While I'd much rather be treated like a human being who's trying his hardest to make everything work out, I can understand that for many people an e-mail to a support address means assuming a certain expectation to a product that perfectly fits their wishes. As a developer, I find that even the most hostile responses tend to be defused by just showing that you care—and we do care—so Vlambeer has steered well clear of extreme hostilities quite often.

... more
They claim that without the fans, we are nothing.

I've often said the same thing at developer conventions around the world, but there's a difference between saying that to emphasize our thankfulness for and dependance upon people who love our games and literally implying we are not worth anything beyond the opinion of somebody on the internet who happened to play a game we made. We could literally decide to stop making games tomorrow and find a better paying and stable job—but we don't, because we love making games and we care about the people who invested money and time in our work.
Link to the full article: http://kotaku.com/how-not-to-complain-to-a-developer-1505848316

I would assume the ESF development team can relate to this as well.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much nothing there applies. Keep in mind it was a member of the dev team who said he doesn't care about the community, and not the other way around.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Pretty much nothing there applies. Keep in mind it was a member of the dev team who said he doesn't care about the community, and not the other way around.
Yeah one member and that's probably caused by a shitty community to begin with.
What I tried to say is that the ESF team, at this point, doesn't need a community to finish their work, their passion, so in that sense, they don't NEED to upload anything(POTW/POTM/VOTM).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They didn't need a community to do anything in the first place. You're comparing a dev team that got paid to one that does this shit on their free time, hence us still waiting here a decade later. It's ******* absurd that the community is somehow the problem or to be blamed, when it's only the people who actually give a shit about the mod that are left. Who's keeping this forum alive? The team? Who's keeping the ingame community alive? The team? Give credit where credit is due.

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I tend to agree more with Zeo on this one. It's true, some people are douchebags. That's the way it is. But there're also genuine folks around who support a project the best they can.

✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
The community was a 1.1/1.2 legacy, it's not like they started this forum for ESF Final.
You are right, there are some good members around here, still I figured this article described the way of communication perfectly. Fans are demanding and sometimes even threatening('leaking it', not to play it or whatever)
If anything, personally I just like the article because I can relate to it and I'm sure some devs can too.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Demanding 1.3 is no different than demanding HL3. Hell, I think HL2 came out after 1.2. People loved previous versions, and want a new one. How dare they? After a decade of development, people are going to grow impatient.

Yeah, they started the forum for alpha. And everyone left. So the people here now are the people keeping this place alive. The people who are still playing the game, and are paying for servers, are keeping the game alive. They aren't the problem. Want a scapegoat? Cool. Want to know why it's taken 10 years? Because production was a mess, there wasn't a legitimate timeline, team members came and went and there weren't enough people to produce the game. Literally every problem with ESF has been related to the dev team and how it's run. And if you want to go back to pre-1.2, the worst part of 1.2 is the system everyone wanted to get rid of because it was clearly DDR bullshit. "Don't knock it till you try it ahuck!", the team said. Yeah, whatever. And now we're hearing that the 1.3 isn't being designed with the community, or what's left of it, in mind. It's being designed so 3 people can play it and if no one likes it, whatever. Whenever Raven speaks, ESF just sounds like something to pad a portfolio. There's a legitimate difference between demanding a game be released, and wondering what the hell is going on a decade later. It's a damn hl mod. An entire console generation has passed us by in the time its taken 1.3 to be 70% done. So yeah, people are going to complain. Get over it.

You'll have to forgive the 10 people left for not sucking the team's **** for showing pictures 10 years on, and not a single uninterrupted game play video.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotta agree wholeheartedly with my man Zeo, here. Not that, I'm sure, any of you were in doubt of my stance at this point.

We are just long past the point of being captivated by a photo. Yeah, it looks good. You know what looks better? Every game released in the last 3 years. We don't care about graphics. We want to see some of the meat, already. And not just a scripted cutscene-esque sequence with goku punching vegeta. We want to know that our time spent here means something (ignoring the fact that a team member basically already said it didn't).

And by we, I mean everyone else. I still have a hard time believing that this mod will ever be done.

Re-edit: I would also be worried about the people making it who don't seem to know what a game is. That was a major problem with 1.2, as Zeo said. Parts of 1.2 was out of touch with good game design. If you're trying to build this game as a portfolio item to show to future employers, you're not gonna want to show that you don't even understand basic design aspects (like you did by incorporating advanced melee and sticking with it even after everyone confirmed that they hate it).

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gotta agree wholeheartedly with my man Zeo, here. Not that, I'm sure, any of you were in doubt of my stance at this point.

We are just long past the point of being captivated by a photo. Yeah, it looks good. You know what looks better? Every game released in the last 3 years. We don't care about graphics. We want to see some of the meat, already. And not just a scripted cutscene-esque sequence with goku punching vegeta. We want to know that our time spent here means something (ignoring the fact that a team member basically already said it didn't).

And by we, I mean everyone else. I still have a hard time believing that this mod will ever be done.

Re-edit: I would also be worried about the people making it who don't seem to know what a game is. That was a major problem with 1.2, as Zeo said. Parts of 1.2 was out of touch with good game design. If you're trying to build this game as a portfolio item to show to future employers, you're not gonna want to show that you don't even understand basic design aspects (like you did by incorporating advanced melee and sticking with it even after everyone confirmed that they hate it).

I actually find advanced melee quite fun. Its only lacking in movement. So it slows down the pacing. Other than that there are only a few minor things id change about it. Like the counter time and so on. But am i really the only one who doesnt hate the idea for being a DDR copy?

In any casethat system was the first thing to go. Now you have rock papper scissors versions of simple melee. Why rock paper scissors? Because like it or not HOWing was the one thing keeping less experienced players sticking to 1.0. With 1.2s system HOWing was totally eliminated and instead we got an elitist bunch. Now i know im not speaking for the majority, but lets face it its the loudest bunch of the people over the years.

So the rock papper scissors thing is to add variety and give new people a chance to get a lucky hit in a headon. As for why im so sure of the reasons. Because im one of the people you can blame for the new system. Me, DT and Skiwan to be precise.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's awesome, it really is. But it's STILL something that exists only theoretically. After ten years, we haven't seen that system at work so why would I believe that it DOES, indeed, work? It you were to search the forum you would find a single outline to it, and then a bunch of non-specific info on the melee system.

You're really about part of the 1% of the people that likes it, then. The most I've usually seen of peoples opinions are "meh", and then continue to just simple melee because that's the dominant strategy. Getting into video gaming theory now, here. By that theory, the most effective tactic/strategy will always be dominant over everything else. Advanced melee did the same or less damage compared to simple, in exchange for even more time spent doing it. That theory is the same reason rolling and multi-hitting became a huge problem. Me and Sub have had some long discussions regarding the combat in all version of ESF.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're throwing out things like rock paper scissors, and I still have absolutely no ******* idea what you're talking about, Grega. Why? Because you've shown us nothing. I don't know what this system looks like, how it performs, the ins and outs of it, whether or not it actually has any advantages. Maybe this thread should be "How to communicate with the community, because holy shit we have zero social skills". And honestly, having one decent player be part of the melee design team isn't really filling me with hope. Cool, HOWing was eliminated in 1.2 But because people learned to time their attacks, teleport in weird directions and attack you from all angles, we need to mitigate that skillset and roll the dice? In what world is being good at the game something that needs to be fixed? Let's punish them for playing the game for years and years and being faithful. Yeah, that'll show those idiots!

As for advanced melee not being a steaming pile of shit, you're 1 of like 2 people who actually enjoy that system. Even if the characters were moving, I have zero control outside of pressing directionals in that stupid dance off. It'd be like if I'm playing a combat flight simulator, and all of a sudden the dog fight is completely scripted and the only way I can do or take damage is to press the right directionals. That has absolutely no place in this kind of game. Halorin, who was legitimately great at ESF, was one of the most vocal proponents against the system and he was completely ignored. The vast majority of the forum was against the system, and everyone was ignored. It's one thing to say, "**** you, we're doing whatever want" and have the outcome be ridiculously bad, and doing that and saying it was any kind of success. Because it wasn't. It's a feature that people who just picked up the game use, and then grow out of almost immediately because of how useless it is. Fundamentally altering the game to make that system worth using isn't the answer.

Last edited:
2D god
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You're throwing out things like rock paper scissors, and I still have absolutely no ******* idea what you're talking about, Grega. Why? Because you've shown us nothing. I don't know what this system looks like, how it performs, the ins and outs of it, whether or not it actually has any advantages. Maybe this thread should be "How to communicate with the community, because holy shit we have zero social skills". And honestly, having one decent player be part of the melee design team isn't really filling me with hope. Cool, HOWing was eliminated in 1.2 But because people learned to time their attacks, teleport in weird directions and attack you from all angles, we need to mitigate that skillset and roll the dice? In what world is being good at the game something that needs to be fixed? Let's punish them for playing the game for years and years and being faithful. Yeah, that'll show those idiots!

As for advanced melee not being a steaming pile of shit, you're 1 of like 2 people who actually enjoy that system. Even if the characters were moving, I have zero control outside of pressing directionals in that stupid dance off. It'd be like if I'm playing a combat flight simulator, and all of a sudden the dog fight is completely scripted and the only way I can do or take damage is to press the right directionals. That has absolutely no place in this kind of game. Halorin, who was legitimately great at ESF, was one of the most vocal proponents against the system and he was completely ignored. The vast majority of the forum was against the system, and everyone was ignored. It's one thing to say, "**** you, we're doing whatever want" and have the outcome be ridiculously bad, and doing that and saying it was any kind of success. Because it wasn't. It's a feature that people who just picked up the game use, and then grow out of almost immediately because of how useless it is. Fundamentally altering the game to make that system worth using isn't the answer.
Pretty much exactly how I think. Implementing lucky hits into a fighting games seems like a really stupid idea. Why would I want to lose HP and die because of a luck system? Is it just me or does that sound really retarded? Everybody loves 1.2 simple melee, so my perfect version of 1.3 would be a simple upgrade melee of 1.2 with better graphics, more hit animations and maybe some tiny addons but that's it. Why fix something if it works and you have people that are playing this game for so long?

I play 1.2 for about I don't know... 7 years now I guess and everybody that I've met and was remotely good in 1.2 absolutely hated the advanced melee system.

The developers should listen to people who play this game for such a long time, cause those are the people that know what's fun in this game and what keeps them playing.

Great points Zeo, I'm glad you're still trying to explain your points about what should be changed, but I'm pretty sure you're wasting your time.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...but I'm pretty sure you're wasting your time.
We all are. I think that's partly why everyone is so frustrated with the development of this mod.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Trufax all up in this thread.

I've said it countless times, and I'll keep saying it. This mod is truly unique and it's squandered on people who don't seem to care.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pretty much exactly how I think. Implementing lucky hits into a fighting games seems like a really stupid idea. Why would I want to lose HP and die because of a luck system? Is it just me or does that sound really retarded? Everybody loves 1.2 simple melee, so my perfect version of 1.3 would be a simple upgrade melee of 1.2 with better graphics, more hit animations and maybe some tiny addons but that's it. Why fix something if it works and you have people that are playing this game for so long?

I play 1.2 for about I don't know... 7 years now I guess and everybody that I've met and was remotely good in 1.2 absolutely hated the advanced melee system.

The developers should listen to people who play this game for such a long time, cause those are the people that know what's fun in this game and what keeps them playing.

Great points Zeo, I'm glad you're still trying to explain your points about what should be changed, but I'm pretty sure you're wasting your time.
Simple melee is a stale system thats about as repetative as the running tactic. If you want my opinion. The most fun i had with 1.2 was when it was new and everything was OK. Rollhitting, instahitting, advanced speed comboes. Everything had a decent counter, every exploit had its counterpart taht negated it. Attacklaming was easily countered by blocklaming and vice versa. You needed the timing, you had more options than hit 1 and hit 2. It was frustrating, but it was fun to loose in those situations, because you were never really on a silver platter. But i blame the europeans for this. The 3 hit rule as it stands is a shitty idea thats totally unfair. You are essentially allowed to do 3 hits of the rollhit while you are not allowed to use the rollstop?

But thats besides the point, as the system no longer applies. The blowback distances are similar to that of 1.1 and you have an instant recovery option that consumes stamina so it cant be smmed unless you want to make yourself a piniatta. As for the melee system. Yes there is only that 1 video that explains how it works ingame. And quite honestly its a tad annoying to admit this. But i will suck horribly when this thing is released, because my aiming skills are that bad. But if you want to know the reason for the 3 stage melee system then its simple. More options and an additional layer to the gameplay. While the system will essentially be rock papper scissors, each of those represents a melee type. So you as the player will have to read in to the opponent. Does he preffer simple melee to the other 2, does he preffer throws and so on, giving you a chance to counter them, or be countered.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Simple melee is a stale system thats about as repetative as the running tactic. If you want my opinion. The most fun i had with 1.2 was when it was new and everything was OK. Rollhitting, instahitting, advanced speed comboes. Everything had a decent counter, every exploit had its counterpart taht negated it. Attacklaming was easily countered by blocklaming and vice versa. You needed the timing, you had more options than hit 1 and hit 2. It was frustrating, but it was fun to loose in those situations, because you were never really on a silver platter. But i blame the europeans for this. The 3 hit rule as it stands is a shitty idea thats totally unfair. You are essentially allowed to do 3 hits of the rollhit while you are not allowed to use the rollstop?

But thats besides the point, as the system no longer applies. The blowback distances are similar to that of 1.1 and you have an instant recovery option that consumes stamina so it cant be smmed unless you want to make yourself a piniatta. As for the melee system. Yes there is only that 1 video that explains how it works ingame. And quite honestly its a tad annoying to admit this. But i will suck horribly when this thing is released, because my aiming skills are that bad. But if you want to know the reason for the 3 stage melee system then its simple. More options and an additional layer to the gameplay. While the system will essentially be rock papper scissors, each of those represents a melee type. So you as the player will have to read in to the opponent. Does he preffer simple melee to the other 2, does he preffer throws and so on, giving you a chance to counter them, or be countered.
I wouldn't care much about the roll hitting if it weren't for the fact that the bug attributed with it was never fixed. And you didn't WANT to use the roll stop. Roll stopping meant you had about 3 seconds of uninterrupted damage taking from energy attacks.

Simple Melee never got stale, the game did. Despite all the problems that every player had with it, nothing got changed or fixed in the ensuing patches. Simple melee is highly complex because it forces you to out think and out maneuver your opponent. Not leave him guessing about which attack your using. Guessing isn't fun, prediction is.

While I like the idea of the R/P/S option, your description of it is a tad worrying. That "giving options and depth" is similar to what was said about advanced melee. You can't just have options for options sake. There needs to be REASONS to use each different type, and not simply because they cancel each other out. Maybe more damage, or less ki use, or less of a momentum drain, or to buy you time to regen stamina.

But again, we have no info on it thanks to the endless secrets.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

All of the issues you had with simple melee should have been addressed rather throwing away the entire system of yet another new, unproven system. The RPS thing doesn't appeal to me at all, especially if the game is as fast-paced and the character models are as small and the distances as vast as people seem to think. There was a way to create a system utilizing simple melee, and that was to create stances. You could have had a speed stance, a neutral stance and an offensive stance. You could have had the ability to choose your play style, to have options and a way to mitigate your enemy's advantages. Speedsters could have been fast, and done more damage while having less health, neutral would have been what it is now, and offensive could have made you an impenetrable wall, with higher hp and damage mitigation but slower speeds and less damage. This is was like one of a billion ideas proposed by the community, and it was completely ignored. Instead of building upon the foundation laid out over multiple releases, it sounds like you guys refused to admit failure and, instead, decided to make advanced melee THE melee system. As an aside, newsflash: Throwing isn't a play style. It's a supplementary technique, which was basically broken in 1.2.

There were a myriad of ways to make simple melee amazing, and had production been more open and forthcoming, and had you actually come to the community and worked alongside it, you could have really had something special and amazing. But why do that when you guys can be hermetic and keep everything top secret for absolutely no ******* reason. It didn't make sense then, it doesn't make sense now. To this day, the community knows basically nothing about a mod we've been following for TEN GODDAMN YEARS. You people demoted the force pit and then created another secret section containing information that should absolutely be given to everyone. It's just amazing me to how poorly this boat has been run, only to have people turn around and blame the community loyal enough to stick around this long, despite being given zero respect and zero insight into the development of the game.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can easily think of the RPS system as stances if you want. With Fast beating strong, strong overpowering technique and technique overpowering fast. Essentially the trhow allows you to controll the direction and distance of the knockback for easier follow ups but doesnt do damage by itself (distance is between the 1.2 and 1.1 knockbacks determined by the charge of the throw with the max charge of round 2 seconds), simple melee functions as it does now with a full knock back distance and good damage and combo melee allows you to choose direction of the knockback while dealing low to moderate damage (depending on the charge prior to the hit with an animation time between 3 to 5 seconds), but the distance of the actual knock back is still full.

As for the character archtypes having more speed and less health and stuff like that. Thats all still planned. But not as part of the melee system, but as part of the character balancing.

You keep askig for details about melee but here is the cold hard trouth. All 3 melee types are the same in their design. You hold a button and fly in to someone then he gets sent flying. The only difference is the damage, distance he is knocked back and animation. It really is THAT simple. Yet you keep searching for deeper meanings and systems that just aren't there.

Why it has to be a rock papper scissors system, because a small element of luck has to be involved to give new players the feeling like they aren't just punching bags for the veterans. It keeps them playing, just like lucky headshots keeps people playing FPS games. Like it or not but having HOWing was an actual benefit to 1.1 because it kept new players from rage quitting the game. And while the new system is no where near as generous as HOWing was, it provides a chance for new players to actually land a hit, while the vetarans still have anglehits and other techniques they can use to get round that system.

Meaning veterans will start using the different systems suited to what they need. Want to do damage and have a big knock back, use combo, want the most damage, use simple, want to set up the other person for an easy continued combo, use throw.

But if you start overly relying on one of them you give your opponenet the chance to counter it. People will fall in to habits of using one over the other, and that will create an aditional depth since you will have to look for their use of one system in certain situations over another giving you a better chance to counter it if you get in to a headon. But if you own anglehits, then you can easily stick to one system forever. The only difference is that instead of a headon. You will give up a hit if the opponent is using the system that overpowers the one you use.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can easily think of the RPS system as stances if you want. With Fast beating strong, strong overpowering technique and technique overpowering fast. Essentially the trhow allows you to controll the direction and distance of the knockback for easier follow ups but doesnt do damage by itself (distance is between the 1.2 and 1.1 knockbacks determined by the charge of the throw with the max charge of round 2 seconds), simple melee functions as it does now with a full knock back distance and good damage and combo melee allows you to choose direction of the knockback while dealing low to moderate damage (depending on the charge prior to the hit with an animation time between 3 to 5 seconds), but the distance of the actual knock back is still full.

As for the character archtypes having more speed and less health and stuff like that. Thats all still planned. But not as part of the melee system, but as part of the character balancing.

You keep askig for details about melee but here is the cold hard trouth. All 3 melee types are the same in their design. You hold a button and fly in to someone then he gets sent flying. The only difference is the damage, distance he is knocked back and animation. It really is THAT simple. Yet you keep searching for deeper meanings and systems that just aren't there.

Why it has to be a rock papper scissors system, because a small element of luck has to be involved to give new players the feeling like they aren't just punching bags for the veterans. It keeps them playing, just like lucky headshots keeps people playing FPS games. Like it or not but having HOWing was an actual benefit to 1.1 because it kept new players from rage quitting the game. And while the new system is no where near as generous as HOWing was, it provides a chance for new players to actually land a hit, while the vetarans still have anglehits and other techniques they can use to get round that system.

Meaning veterans will start using the different systems suited to what they need. Want to do damage and have a big knock back, use combo, want the most damage, use simple, want to set up the other person for an easy continued combo, use throw.

But if you start overly relying on one of them you give your opponenet the chance to counter it. People will fall in to habits of using one over the other, and that will create an aditional depth since you will have to look for their use of one system in certain situations over another giving you a better chance to counter it if you get in to a headon. But if you own anglehits, then you can easily stick to one system forever. The only difference is that instead of a headon. You will give up a hit if the opponent is using the system that overpowers the one you use.
I can easily pretend 1.3 just got released and Raven suffered a massive aneurysm. That doesn't make it, you know, true. RPS isn't a stance system, nor am I stating a stance system is even what the game needs, but RPS sounds pretty terrible based solely on your description, and it's a system that was created with zero input from the community. I still have no idea what this system actually entails, other than "Hey, you can throw people! Also something something 2 other systems....don't worry about it. Combos!" Whenever someone attempts to describe this system, I feel like it's 1.2 all over again, and someone is trying to convince me advanced melee is the shit. Hell, it's advanced! It's in the title! There's literally no rational reason outside of the system not working at all that a gameplay video can't be made to show us what the hell you're talking about.

I wasn't addressing character stats, but the ability to choose your playstyle, and have the game reward you for your playstyle using whatever character you want. Unless you're going to start altering ki expenditure figures in order to address innate advantages over using one character or the other, it's all fluff. When it comes down to competitions, everyone is going to end up using the same character, because we want to see who is legitimately the better player. You guys seem to forget who will be paying for servers and keeping the game alive, and for what purpose. The system I just threw out there allows for everyone choosing the same character, while still allowing for your stats to be tailored to your playstyle. Yours doesn't. Good thing there was zero dialogue on this front when it mattered.

Searching for deeper meaning? I'm trying to understand a system I've never seen in action. How is asking questions and asking for elaboration searching too deeply? Show us the goddamn game and there wouldn't be any questions. I could just look at the video and determine what's what from there.

Grega said:
And finally, we arrive at the ugly truth. Grega, I like you. I do. But this is a level of bullshit I think most people aren't prepared to swallow. In a game based on skill and technique, why the **** would there be any degree of luck involved? To protect the children? Are we seriously using "think of the children!!" to hobble the player base? There is no universe where someone getting a hit on me, not because of something I did or didn't do, but because the system is literally working against me to benefit some idiot, is perfectly acceptable. Because here's what's going to happen. Your new players? They're going to get roflstomped no matter what. That's just how it is. The good players will always be the good players, and if some new guy decides he likes the challenge and sticks around, he'll join their ranks one day. But you guys ****ed up, because now in high level competitions, there's going to be this little feeling in the back of your mind. Am I getting hit more than I should have because this system is stupid as shit? Was that last kill not really mine, because Lord Random was involved? And really? You're seriously going to suggest HOWing is what kept 1.1 alive? You're literally blowing my mind with the mental gymnastics you guys are pulling to justify a random mechanic in a game of skill. HOWing wasn't random. You knew exactly who was going to win, because it was always the person who swooped last. That was something you could control. It wasn't a feature. It was a broken mechanism, and not something to be ******* emulated 2 releases later. Jesus.

Veterans will find the simplest and easiest route to destroying everyone. If I don't have to throw, guess how often I'm going to throw? Never. Just like now, where advanced melee is a part of the game, but may as well not be because I'm not using it. Of course, since only a handful of people who are competent at ESF have actually tested the system, we really don't know how well it'll hold up once its released into the wild. Because, again, there are a lot of aspects of 1.2 that were broken, and weren't found until later on, resulting in the cheap fighting you see in Europe.

And then you conclude with, "Hey, but in reality this one system broken into 3 subgroups don't matter because you could realistically stick to one system, and so long as you don't get caught in a head on collision, it won't make a bit of difference." Which, of course, negates everything you just said about protecting new players, because they aren't going to stand a ******* chance. No one who's worth a damn is going to engage in a head on and risk taking additional damage on the hope they've gotten this RPS bs right. I prefer not to gamble. I like making the safe, informed decision, and if I think I'm better off attacking from other angles, that's what I'm going to do, and that's what everyone else is going to do.

Show us a ******* video.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Again, dominant strategy. Like I said, you can't have options for options sake. Like Zeo said, we'll flock to whatever mechanic is most effective.

Show us the ******* video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom