How many people still play 1.2

Best answers
I personnaly thought it rocked hard for a month but afther that, its soooo boring. Its like call of duty ore medal of honor afther finishing the game and playing on internet for a week it starts to boor like hell... (ps. bf1942 and cs rox there gameplay is some how ownage ;) )

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why do you need a thread like this, so soon after ESF 1.2 has been released?
Your ideas you posted about gameplay (running citizens) need much more thought - they would just cause a pointless distraction, lag the game more, and be totally out of place.

Best answers
Nah, I like the topic. A mod can't be perfect, so that's why we point out our problems with the mod to the creators...

I'll tell you this, 1.2 adv melee system is damn nice, one of the most incredible things I've seen with the HL engine but I think the hardcore players liked 1.1 more because it was fast, easy to learn but hard to master!

Maybe you should make in 1.2.1 a setup ingame were you can chose what for server you gonna create:
1) 1.2 melee system
2) 1.1 melee system
(prolly not going to happen but hey I would love to see that, so I can switch from melee when I'm bored from the other one)

PS: It's MY opinion! ;)

Best answers
Away from the online perspective, i play on lan with my friends, and i find that in 1.2 the games are alot more even and fun then the other versions used to be.

Last Lan i played at last weekend was absolutly brillent when we played esf. Advanced melee is fast to catch on to but very dificult to master, and when combined with all the other techniques it makes a very fun and entertaining game.

Tell me it isnt fun to try outrun an opponent in city when your low in ki? walljumping from building to building like to tomorrow long enough to confuse them so you can recharge and get back into the fight. Well to each his own i surpose but i personally think that this is the best version yet in terms of features and fun for all skill levels.

Best answers
ChaosPriest said:
its been said before and ill say it now:
some people are just too upset that they arent the leet anymore. omg you got hit in 1.2. guess you werent as good as u thought u were. thats what happens when a new patch comes out. and its been out for what 2 months now. everyone keeps talking about how good they were and it takes skill for 1.1 but not 1.2. well guess what. u need more skill for 1.2 if u are getting your butts kick and if u are so bored from pwning everyone else , maybe you should join another server where the pings are even. if you play at nightime , there arent very many good people out.
since ive played 1.2 ive learned both adv and basic melee. and im better now than i ever was with 1.1 you would have had to start playing 1.1 since the beginning or near there to be any good. so all the elder esf people were the lett cause they played everyday for hours. then if someone comes up that fairly new it makes u feel good that you can beat them. there are so many more options now for 1.2 then there were for 1.1. so many combonations, 1.1 was the same thing over and over and over and over and over. and everyone played the same. it was like a bot fight again and again.
if you think 1.2 is easy you havent played against me. my style changes everyday and there are plenty more people like me who could bust some heads open. try plying them and telling me its easy.
btw i know this will get a lot of flamers against me on this post, but this is how it is.
this thread was for voting if u still play 1.2 or not. not crying about how the game runs. this is a free game. and if u got a problem go to the suggestions page and not cry about your own problems here. otherwise you asked for it

im sorry but i have to disagreee with you on so much rom your post...if anything 1.1. took the most skill..you probably didnt play it well enough..because if you wouldve u wouldve known that there werre soo many possibilities with moves and combos in 1.1..that its not even funny..i was working on a 6 hit combo when the new version came out...so i must admit i was kinda bummed that i had to be downgraded from 6 hits to 2 hits <_<...butr thats not it....1.2. puts alot of limitations on what players can and cant do..although it does have alot of NEW FLASHY stuff and moves...once u get past that..its limited by alot...the maijn reason that i liked 1.1. over 1.2 is because although the mellee system was probably the easyest..it allowed you to mold the game to how you liked it..fight how u wanted too..and everything u did was alot harder but those who fought differently (ex:gen beams,ki blasts) the oppponent could tell that they had worked hard for it...not anyone could smack someone back and shoot a ki blasts at the enemy in 1.1..it took ALOT more skill..and not anyone could smack someone back and then tele up to them and hit them again...once again it took ALOT more skill..i have fought skilled players in 1.1...like ape,AsW,and EoP members..and they have all messed me up badly..but even after that...i was still bored to hell...i dont see the reason in trying or even careing to get better in a system thats so limited..

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Last Lan i played at last weekend was absolutly brillent when we played esf. Advanced melee is fast to catch on to but very dificult to master, and when combined with all the other techniques it makes a very fun and entertaining game.
Um....how is advanced melee hard to master? Its not the type of thing that you need to practice in order to get better.

Anywho, ive said it before but ill say it again. I have fought many leet players and clans (im in .:AsW:. if that makes any difference) and i still find that the fights arent as amusing as in 1.1. Back then, it was fun not knowing your enemy's position at all times. People would teleport all over the place, thus confusing their opponents. Now, you can barely teleport anywhere, swoop is slow as hell, and your enemy is 5 feet away from you for most of the fight. Its just not the same...

Best answers
maybe the fact that "you've never been owned and you've managed to atleast give one hit" is what makes 1.2 fun!
I mean usually noobs would complain about being owned in 1.1 and ppl would've done comboes on then
which would require much skill then in 1.2, after a while it would piss them off
either they would stop play 1.1 cause they dont want to be owned all the time,
or they would start to train, find out how to make comboes in this game by themselves
and become 1337! but here they dont take this chance, everybody likes 1.2 in the begining
its a great game dont get me wrong, and its a good thing that its exsist and that the team worked this hard for it.

btw Im sorry for my ignorance, I didnt knew there was such a cvar, thnx man! ;)

Best answers
the cvar..yyeeeaaaa....the only thing the cvar does is take adv melee out totally and make the knockback faster...imo..the cvar screws the game up more than anything if its activated...because u get to thinking that its gonna be like 1.1 and its not...u still have the stupid tele delay...and the knock back is like twice as fast...so u cant do ANY combos...if it were to make it like 1.1 again and not just a 1.2 without adv melee then it would be ok...but its nothing like we thought it was gonna be

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I still play 1.2 from time to time, though I prefer to take on the tougher bots (I think the most fun I have is taking on super bots - they are quite overpowered, so it makes something very interesting and challenging, plus, their dodging skills are quite good).

Frankly, I am quite disappointed that people are disatisfied with the way some speeds/times are in 1.2.....there are CVARS for almost EVERY aspect of the advanced melee exchange, so I am unhappy to see that so few people bother to try their own setups and post them here to suggest to server operators, or even create a server with a faster setup. The customization was left open for that purpose...

Either way - I just want to make something unbelievably clear:

This is not a thread about the discussion of advanced melee, nor is it for suggestions, complaints, praise, or any sort of strong, opinionated post. The thread asks "Do you still play 1.2?", not "What is the major downfall of 1.2?". Almost every thread in the past about discussing certain aspects of the melee system has resulted in flaming, spam, and a general malcontent on these boards - I don't expect or want to see that here, are we clear?

Best answers
I haven't played 1.2 in quite a while...meh, I miss 1.1 melee. And I hate to say that because the team put so much effort into advanced melee. Simple melee was great, it was fast paced, difficult, and creative. All the HOW *****ers (complainers) ruined it. Granted there still is simple melee in 1.2 but it's...not the same at all imo. I also miss CTDB...but i'm sure there are plenty of threads explaining that.

Meh...

EDIT: Oh **** my bad Majin, now i'm an ass because I didn't read the rest of the thread...it was long. Oh well I had to get that off my chest. My bad.

So to keep it simple as to if we play 1.2 anymore than my answers no.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sunlit56 said:
soz for asking but whats running citizens?
The crazy civilians in the city that seem to run around to no where screaming.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So after the patch gets released only play on servers that use the faster advanced melee cvar, so that if you do get jumped by someone using advanced melee it'll be over faster, and if you want to use advanced melee it'll be more effective. That should solve half of the complaining going on.

Best answers
I'm not playing ESF 1.2 at the moment, but that's because I'm just waiting for the patch. With the few existing problems ironed out, it'll be the best ESF yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom