How many of us '01 and '02 people are still around?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I noticed the boards around early Jan of 2003 but I didn't sign up untill June as "Ice Man"

and holeh crap kimfu, just holeh crap, i never knew you were teh Bolt-Man

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've always had an eye on ESF. even during the times that it didn't interest me anymore. Like now.

november 01. Highschool years.

Feels like a lifetime ago.

Best answers
I started paying attention to ESF around January 2003. I didn't join the forums until May. I was "Slander," back then.

Three years ago... feels a lot longer than that.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Majin_You said:
http://web.archive.org/web/20020212121538/www.esforces.com/forum/

Boom. I miss that dark colour scheme. You can also see the dreaded "Spam/Testing" section that I've made reference to in previous posts.

EDIT - Just for reference, the forums were, for a time, located at http://esforces.com/forum

That's how I found older snapshots of the forums.
I Really liked the red one!

I've started playing the alpha with the overpowered Vegeta!
Registered a month later orso

It's been so long.. yet I can remember everything like it was yesterday
I have issues :(

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Strange. CS somehow i remember that idea. (hibikis post to be exact O.O)

Freaks me out. I wasnt even registered till 2003 :s

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

but i actually found out about the mod 4 months before ^^

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It astounds me how long I've been following this mod, and how different a person I was when I started ^^;
I think I joined as soon as I started using the internet, and ESF was just one of many potentially great DBZ mods still in action.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been on the forum since 2002, but I registered in 03. I didn't really want to join the forum back then, dunno why.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been playing ESF long before i registered XD
I still remember that breakdancing melee and the damn Garlic Jr models. Registered latered, although i didnt make any posts for a while >_> Only started posting when 1.0 was starting to come around and my first posts were total crap -_-

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been around since the release of Alpha 2.0, whenever that was. And I became a mod shortly after 1.0 I think. Hard to remember that long ago.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I've been an ESFer since Alpha, though I didn't register for the forums till later.
I remember the chaos of the old forums, and as much as it was a pain in the ass at times it was still fun to be around them long years ago. I never had much significance in these forums, I merely watched most times and spoke up when I needed to.

I still remember Hibiki laying the law down and thinking he was a total ass most of the time. That was until I'd been here a while and saw the reason for his being on the forum.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I came across ESF way before I played it and way before I registered here. I came across the site looking for DBZ stuff back in '02 and thought "Man, it'd be cool if I had this Half-Life game it's talking about," but I didn't play it until much later when I did have HL and re-stumbled upon it. But hey, thanks for excluding me, and the other 80% of the active forum, from this thread anyway. You old guys are what make this place great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im one of the older members. i was around during the alpha which i thought was a much better game back then. Peppercity for life son!!

anyway the only reason ive really stuck around this long is for the artwork section. there was alot more interesting things back then then there is now. 2001 not to many of us left

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I honestly just saw a friend playing Beta 1.0, got it, and signed up on the forums because a stupid clan IW as on organized a tournament in the off topic section that I was required to post in. When I first joined, a week later Glenn joined, he almost got banned for spamming (and didn't get a single warning, funny.) This was when Hsu and Firefly reigned supreme and were pretty much the most active mods at the time.

I wanted to become a moderator after having a run-in with Majin_You, I really wasn't a dumbass poster or anything, so I just pretty much tried my best to help out and within 4 months me joining, I got moderator status, in tandem of me joining I was joined with Sonic Boyster and S-Bolt-- to watch the current Hell that was models/skins.

This was when Ultra33 and Th3 Pr0 would play a game called "who wants to rip and make the worst models and cause drama because we're 6 year olds"

I was in the pr0 squad, pretty much undercover because Pr0 thought he had mods in his pocket :p which he didn't. Decent guy if he wasn't *****ing about his decent re-skins being re-ripped by someone else who made them even worse (Ultra33).

Then I became a super mod, then a beta tester, then head tester, then I mainly lost interest in the mod development itself. However the community is like a drug, and I can't escape it, even if I tried :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
;Q still here!

i loved the old alpha 2.0 forum skin! gotta do that for this one again.alpha 2.0 were golden times 4eva!

Rofl.. Yea, I've been here for years though, never left.. S-Bolt-- -> Bolteh
i remember you gave me a few warning lmao xD back in the german_boy times

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Too bad Eagleking, Prowler, Sp!N, .FM, Dudeman aren't here or elze they'd make this topic more interesting.

Best answers
Magus said:
I honestly just saw a friend playing Beta 1.0, got it, and signed up on the forums because a stupid clan IW as on organized a tournament in the off topic section that I was required to post in. When I first joined, a week later Glenn joined, he almost got banned for spamming (and didn't get a single warning, funny.) This was when Hsu and Firefly reigned supreme and were pretty much the most active mods at the time.

I wanted to become a moderator after having a run-in with Majin_You, I really wasn't a dumbass poster or anything, so I just pretty much tried my best to help out and within 4 months me joining, I got moderator status, in tandem of me joining I was joined with Sonic Boyster and S-Bolt-- to watch the current Hell that was models/skins.

This was when Ultra33 and Th3 Pr0 would play a game called "who wants to rip and make the worst models and cause drama because we're 6 year olds"

I was in the pr0 squad, pretty much undercover because Pr0 thought he had mods in his pocket :p which he didn't. Decent guy if he wasn't *****ing about his decent re-skins being re-ripped by someone else who made them even worse (Ultra33).

Then I became a super mod, then a beta tester, then head tester, then I mainly lost interest in the mod development itself. However the community is like a drug, and I can't escape it, even if I tried :p
Well that somewhat wraps up my story as well :) Apart from the intro.. I signed up to ask stuff about models and skins (didn't even ask anything I think, I just posted a model-edit)..

I think Sonic Boyster put me up for mod in the modelling forum.. Then I was placed as guardian over the Artwork section because Naz became quite inactive.. Then I had some unfortunate conflicts with other mods and admins about Smo and left/got kicked from the mod team (about 50% left and 50% kicked ^^)
I also remember being beta-tester for a while (but I think that was because mods were betatesters at that time or something like that) because I remember being one of the first to test out the advanced melee stuff o_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom