How many of us '01 and '02 people are still around?

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This forum has been around for awhile, and I wondering, assuming others may as well, how many of us people, the people who played Alpha, still keep an eye on ESF? I dunno... thought it would be cool to tally up by post count, who's been around since the early life of the forum, etc. I guess everyone can say what they've learned the most from being a part of the ESF community. For me, it's been mainly my portal to the internet since I knew what it was. I'd hit my browser and the first place I'd always go to was ESF. So, ya know, I think of the internet, I'd think of ESF as a major part of it. It's been what, 5-6 years since this forum was around? I'm 22, that's about 23% of my life I've spent a couple hours a day taking in this place.

My answer to the question I suggested is, that whether we can help it or not, ESF is an instance of society. It's metaphorically had it's growing pains, revolutions, trends, and somehow is still standing. You would lose count trying to list all the HL1 mods that have tried to survive, and didn't last even remotely this long. Other than it having outstanding coding (PcJoe, harSens) obviously, I still wonder till this day why it's lasted, is it just a mold of positive circumstances outweighing negative speed bumps? I suppose we'll always wonder why, since we can't hear about everything that has gone on within this place.

As stated above, I request that only people who've registered or followed this forum since 2001 or 2002 to reply.

I know I can't be the only person, who wouldn't mind knowing the actual number of old school followers still around.

Post away, please. :]

Best answers
I joined December 2002, heh o/

I guess my first post here was a Gohan SSJ2 model showoff O_O.. That or a Piccolo with Cape edit :x

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well im not 2002 on the forum but i played ESF since the end of 2002 (but only on LAN with a friend of mine) ^^

Other than than im a 2003 on the forums :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've been an ESFer since Alpha, though I didn't register for the forums till later.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Well im not 2002 on the forum but i played ESF since the end of 2002 (but only on LAN with a friend of mine) ^^

Other than than im a 2003 on the forums :p
Practically the same with me.
Synth said:
This forum has been around for awhile, and I wondering, assuming others may as well, how many of us people, the people who played Alpha, still keep an eye on ESF? I dunno... thought it would be cool to tally up by post count, who's been around since the early life of the forum, etc. I guess everyone can say what they've learned the most from being a part of the ESF community. For me, it's been mainly my portal to the internet since I knew what it was. I'd hit my browser and the first place I'd always go to was ESF. So, ya know, I think of the internet, I'd think of ESF as a major part of it. It's been what, 5-6 years since this forum was around? I'm 22, that's about 23% of my life I've spent a couple hours a day taking in this place.

My answer to the question I suggested is, that whether we can help it or not, ESF is an instance of society. It's metaphorically had it's growing pains, revolutions, trends, and somehow is still standing. You would lose count trying to list all the HL1 mods that have tried to survive, and didn't last even remotely this long. Other than it having outstanding coding (PcJoe, harSens) obviously, I still wonder till this day why it's lasted, is it just a mold of positive circumstances outweighing negative speed bumps? I suppose we'll always wonder why, since we can't hear about everything that has gone on within this place.

As stated above, I request that only people who've registered or followed this forum since 2001 or 2002 to reply.

I know I can't be the only person, who wouldn't mind knowing the actual number of old school followers still around.

Post away, please. :]
I post here practically whenever I'm on the internet, I first joined the forums sometime around early or mid 2003 with the username ssj_perfect. I myself have practically enjoyed a great deal of time being a member of the esf community, and when the day it dies it will be a sad thing for me (and probably everyone else that posts here on a regular bassis) to see it go.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I've been an ESFer since Alpha, though I didn't register for the forums till later.
Same, though I only first found ESF a few weeks before Beta 1.0, so I wasn't playing the Alpha for long.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I've registered in early 2003, but I've been around the forums since mid 2002, and of course I played the ESF Alpha. The reason I keep coming back on these forums is because it's fun to hang around here, there have been countless mod-forums I've visited, but none of them ever stimulated me to register on their forums, but for some reason the ESF forum did. And I think more people think like this and that's the reason they keep coming back as well. And of course, the team is still working very hard on 1.3. At the moment alot of people are waiting for 1.3, yet another reason to come back everyday.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I've been around since 1.8 Alpha, I lurked for a long time before posting.
I request you tell us the story of when you were first appointed to forum staff.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
|Overlord| said:
I request you tell us the story of when you were first appointed to forum staff.
Heh, I remember seeing that from a newbie's perspective. That was before Cuc opted to lose the ! at the end of his forum handle.

I was here in mid 2001, and I registered on the old, uBB forums - I was here for the switch to vBulletin (and the old orange-and-black colour scheme). I've been visting here regularly ever since.

Obviously, I'm here in a different capacity, now; however, I still try to keep an eye on the development of the game, as that's what, originally, got me into this community (...I signed up on the old forums to ask why the beams in the version I had [either 1.8a or 1.9a; I can't remember, at this point] didn't look like the ones in the POTW. We all start off as newbs at one point =P )

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Best answers
I was around since the end of the alpha era, and just before the great 1.0 was released.
Not really posting or playing esf much at all now. Just decided to go into lurking untill 1.3 is complete.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
I have been playing ESF for 5-6 years now. I think I started right after alpha. I've been on the forums for 4-5 years although I only registered somewhere in 2005 because of the HORRIBLE internet connection I had.

Well that and Im not really someone who likes to post unless I really have something to say/Im in the forcepit.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've played the alpha. Does that make me special?

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
I was here for the Alpha, and I remember several changes in the format of the forums. As for how it affected me.. well.. its possible that, if not for ESF, I never would have gotten back into writing. I've got Forum Fan-Fic 2 and the subsequent Fight Clubs to thank for that.. :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kimfu said:
I joined December 2002, heh o/

I guess my first post here was a Gohan SSJ2 model showoff O_O.. That or a Piccolo with Cape edit :x
S-BOLT? IS THAT YOU? O_O

I've been around the forums for five years straight. I wasn't mature enough back then to register and I was always around redsaiyan.net, and those days, ESF was probably the only game I would play for hours if there wasn't anything to do outside.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Engar said:
if not for ESF, I never would have gotten back into writing. I've got Forum Fan-Fic 2 and the subsequent Fight Clubs to thank for that.. :D
Heh, that got me into writing... was such a blast when we had those going.

Best answers
Lith said:
S-BOLT? IS THAT YOU? O_O

I've been around the forums for five years straight. I wasn't mature enough back then to register and I was always around redsaiyan.net, and those days, ESF was probably the only game I would play for hours if there wasn't anything to do outside.
Rofl.. Yea, I've been here for years though, never left.. S-Bolt-- -> Bolteh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom