How do you replace ESF SFX w/my own SFX?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey, I've gathered some good crisp quality sound effects over the years from the Budokai games (I use an audio cap device with superb quality), and I've tried renaming and overwriting some of the ones I thought would be better with my sfx. But when I play the game, the sfx are completely silent.

Does the audio have to be saved with a certain program, or does it matter if the file is a .WAV instead of a .wav?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL Sounds have an different Sample Rate.
I think its 22050 Khz 8-Bit Mono
or something like this.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
SSJGoku83 said:
HL Sounds have an different Sample Rate.
I think its 22050 Khz 8-Bit Mono
or something like this.
Yes, It's 22050 Khz for sure. But I'm not really sure about if it is 8 or 16Bit Mono. As said above, you have to compress the sounds in 22050 Khz. Otherwise Half-Life won't play the sounds. This is due Half-Life Engine's limit :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I did it, and the sounds work, but certain ones have REALLY bad effects. My teleport replacement plays once, and then causes the whole game to crash (I have to spend five minutes waiting for the computer to open the task manager and end the program). My normal energy blast replacement echoes forever after its used once and multiplies with continued use. I'm new to this. Is there a simple reason that would happen?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I use MAGIX Audio Cleaning Lab for all my audio production work. Awesome program, and for only $25! But that thread doesn't really answer my question. I just thought I might have made a simple noob mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom