how do i convert .dem files into...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how do i convert .dem files into a file that you can play in media player? i caught a few things on esf that i wanna share but i cant change it from .dem into media player? any suggestions?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i forgot to add - for those of you who dont know what .dem files are, its where you goto console and type 'record <insert name>' and you make a little file. then type stop in console to end the movie. it gets saved in the folder as a .dem file

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
a demo isnt an actual video, its more of a replay type of thing, video data is all one thing whereas a demo still loads all the maps/models/sprites just as you would if you were playing the game

you cant convert it persay, sicne they arent the same thing, but you can use a program like fraps, (google it) to record the whole window it into an avi file, it doesnt record audio though so your on your own with that

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
blah i just got fraps from a friend. i had a recording of like 5 goku's going their first stage of transformation at once. it was pretty neat.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hey do you think it would work if i sent the .dem file over aim so other people can watch it in esf?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:
a demo isnt an actual video, its more of a replay type of thing, video data is all one thing whereas a demo still loads all the maps/models/sprites just as you would if you were playing the game

you cant convert it persay, sicne they arent the same thing, but you can use a program like fraps, (google it) to record the whole window it into an avi file, it doesnt record audio though so your on your own with that
Fraps does record audio..

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
not in the version i have, though i did download that a long time ago,

/me downloads newest version

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom