How did you find ESF?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i was looking for some hl mods and i found some cool mod's of hl and serching a seen a pic whit picolo an a site i did realy know what has it make what windos big and i said to my self let's see what this mod is all about so i playd and i playd and yeah it's a cool mod

Best answers
Hmm.. Can't remember very well.

I think a friend introduced me to it on 1.1 Beta.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
My friend told me that he had this kick ass DBZ game and he showed it to me (beta 1.0). I got the web site, downloaded 1.1 and started playing. I never joined the forum though, I regret that now. Also, I never play online, because my gaming pc doesnt have internet, but thats going to change sometime this month.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I followed PCJoe and Darktooth here. I heard about ESF on the BOTM forums, which is the mod those two were working on at the time.

Best answers
I was going to start one to say THANKS to the team for putting this mod together. I just found ESF today and am downloading it now...

Somewhere behind me, on one of my old computers, is the original DBZ mod for the original Quake. Looks like crap now (Quake, not the mod), but it was awesome blasting through quake with ki attacks and air fist shots...

Anyway, just found this today browsing through Steam's list of 3rd party games. SO glad someone has given it the modern treatment! Can't wait to get in there and play!

So, thanks again!

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
This prequel to ModDB ~ http://www.planethalflife.com/espacemod/us_index.html

I found ESF and loved it! Then I found out about DMZ and played that religiously until ESF beta came out.

I remember seeing the ESF Beta 1 preview videos and thinking "WTF HOW DID THEY MAKE IT SO REAL!?!?!??!"

It was insane!
I found it the same way pretty much. At the time I was looking around for mods and stuff on Espacemod and I found DMZ. I tried playing it for awhile, until I found ESF. I signed on the forums awhile before the alpha. I still remember being surprised when I saw alpha 2.0 :p

Best answers
More Buggy then other mods, at ESF stage. It's a shame.
Otherwise its a great mod... expect of the bug..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom