How did you find ESF?

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Was playing counter strike at a friend's house, since I had 28.8k internet at the time, then he exited the game and was like "check this out" I was kinda pissed because I was enjoying getting my ass kicked in counter strike, then he opened up ESF beta 1.0 and I loved the game, I never really liked DBZ at all too much, but most DBZ games I've enjoyed, heh.

Then I joined the forum because a clan I was in had a tournament, and had a thread here to say whether or not you were signed up for it, I kinda didn't want to sign up at first, but after alot of convincing I signed up.

The clan had one tournament, and the clan sucked. I never really was much of a clan person after that horrible experience, then I just stuck around here and the rest is history..(sorry, I just always wanted to say that)

Best answers
hmm.. i found out dbz when i was in school .. we were usually playing cs on LAN with damn huge partys .. well now, some1 just were selecting around the WON menus, and found out some game calld Earths Special Forces, he putted it on and tested it out, and it seemd crappy because it was a LAN server vreated by him, the map was esf_city .. he was just floating around there and teleing around with trunks and tought it was sure crappy game, and i tought damn that is awesome :D then i told my friend about it and he downloaded it and we played it like freaks :D but we didnt know a jack **** how to xDDD well that is where it all started

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Played BFP four years ago. Some guy said ESF was the ****, I downloaded ESF the day B1.0 came out, loved it and played for a good while.

Best answers
I was asking one of my friends for a game of counter strike and he said "I have uninstalled steam untill the new ESF comes out".

About a week later i saw a game called ESF on the steam menu and looked at it to see wtf it was, downloaded it and we are getting married or the 5th November :laff:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jp said:
Too bad that magazine is history now :(

I got it from a friend, it was beta 1.0 and I loved it.
History o_O ? I was already wondering why it wasn't in the local stores anymore.... Crap, for me that was the best pc gaming magazine in the Netherlands available.

Best answers
I saw this game in NET cafe, there were 7,8 years old kids playing some kind dragonballz game, then i asked what game is it for administrator, he just said it's esf, then i payd 5 bucks and he gived me da game, at home i played it and after some weeks i have net, there was a boy that told me about esf world and that there is new maps, but after i knowed that there is maps, i saw model section and learned how to fit in the model, then we with friend playied again with me so i haved new models and i told him that he watched how i look like, but after a day i found out that other players can't see my models so i tell my friend about models and so 1.2 is out :shocked: !!! , i was 9 years old since i saw esf 1.1. now im 13 ;/

Best answers
my freind told me about it...... he got it from the third party section that was shown in the steam section....... so i played it, and i still love it along with the dbz show!

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, I was just on the look out for any dbz mods after Bid For Power stopped, I eventually found out about esf (who doesnt love google?), so I checked out the alpha 2.0, I really liked it and from that day on I checked everyday to see about news updates, after a couple of weeks (or months, dont know anymore) It said Beta 1.0 was released, so I quickly downloaded and installed it and sometime after that I joined the forums...I think...

Best answers
i found ESF a long time ago on download.com when there was still 1.0 or something but i didnt noe it was a half life mod so i had to uninstall it, but i found 1.2.3 this year when i was searching for anime games on google

Best answers
i forgot (yay)

no. actaully a guy who had lived 3 years in the U.S came back to my school again and told about all the crap he had experienced, which included DBZ.
therefore i illegally started downloading vidoes and episodes form P2P.
later i found out using P2P took forever so i wanted to download straight form the internet, but found ESF instead. (yay)

Best answers
Yeah, i was looking for sweet dbz pics on google (back when i was a big dbz fanatic) and i somehow found a piccy of esf so i clicked on it and i decided to join the forums back in 2004.

Best answers
i found it on fileplanet..back in like 1.1..it was before i had good internet..so i pretty much played on lan for a while..but noone i played with could figure out how the game worked..so we kinda stopped for a while..then about half a year later..if even that...i got good iternet and became interested in it again..i played online..and got my @$$ handed to me..and just decided to practice and get good at it..but i still barley understood the gameplay and noone would help me..so i came to these forums.and looked around for mellee tutorials...finally i found Phobius's old mellee tutorial for 1.1...and it helped me learn how to play...i still think its the best mellee tutorial availible..thnx for the help phobius :)

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I found the mod on the net :)

Nah..... My friend was searching for hl mod's back in the day and came across alpha 2.0 he knew I was into dbz at the time so the gave me a call.... and I have been playing ever since.

Best answers
I was pondering in the Third Party Mods for Half Life and there it was.

DMW

Best answers
i was bored and looked up dbz mods on google,i came across this after i found Q3's long dead Bid for power mod.And fell in love for a good few months.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
surfing the net :/ I had no clue what modeling was, or pretty much anything computer graphic related until I came to these forums.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My brother and his friend got it when it was, well I actually don't remember what version it was, before alpha 2.0 anyways. And the backround screen when you got in the game was SSJ2 gohan powering up or something. Anyways, we had it for a while then uninstalled it due to the fact that literally no one played it. Then I just kinda forgot about it, till one day it came back into my mind, and I looked it up. By now it was alpha 2.0, and again not too many people played it so I uninstalled it again. But Beta 1.0 was looking pretty sweet, so this time I signed up on the forums and hung around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom