Holy **** Update

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As they're both easily treatable with antivenom, I don't think any of them are particularly scary.

Edit:

Disregard the nonsense I said about another spider being more dangerous. None of them are particularly dangerous, as there's lots of antivenom to fix your bites.

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm thinking Sub's chances of getting bitten by a spider from South America are pretty slim. But, you know, you can never be too careful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think his chances of being bitten by a funnelweb spider or a brown recluse are too huge either, though. I've still not found out what kind of spiders he's up against.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Brown recluses are prevalent a little west of the coast, but they're here in decent numbers, and they suck. Not so much because they bite you, because it probably won't unless you rub up on it, but because you know what they're capable if pushed to it and they're fast.

Also, success.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but he's also EATING SPIDERS!

I think we need to get back on topic about all the spiders Sub's been eating.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nobody cares, Rocky. Everybody already knew that, and no one cares, because we don't notice. Same reason we don't care that a fifth of the world is starving.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, but he's also EATING SPIDERS!

I think we need to get back on topic about all the spiders Sub's been eating.
I've been playing Penumbra over these last few days.

I've heard all I want to about eating spiders. But what an awesome game.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah, you've ruined it MC, this was supposed to freak Sub out but you had to go ahead and post the Snopes article on it.

-Edit, you too Zeo, you guys fail at this game.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hyb is probably one of 3 people on this forum who isn't stupid. He either already knew about the urban legend, or knew it to be an urban legend at this point. To me, spiders laying eggs in my ear canal is a lot more terrifying than eating them, especially since it's been documented numerous times. They usually have to poke open the sack, allowing the spiders to scurry out (or head deeper into the abyss).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A friend of mine told me a friend of his went to Mexico and swam in a lake there. A week or so afterward, he noticed hundreds of tiny white dots on his body. Frightened, he went to the doctor, who poked a hole in one of them. Inside was a dead baby spider. I have no idea whether this is true or not though.

Edit:

Googled it, it's not.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
More legged bastards.
I renovated at home, and made a new ceailing in without a single hole and closed all the gaps. But still they manage to get in >_>.

I think they use some kind of teleportation, cause i got no damn hole in my livingroom >_>...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's always a hole.

Edit:

Oh, and spiders aren't so bad. The worst thing in the world? Ants. I ****ing hate them. They will not die. They do not back down. They fear NOTHING. They are an unstoppable force of destruction that pollutes my food supply and crawl over my skin as I sleep.

I luckily live on the second floor of a building in a city now, rather than in the basement of a house near the forest. No ants here. I win.

Best answers
Ants.. well i used to bomb those suckers with denatured alcohol.. put a match to it and watch em buuuurn hell yes!

advise: don't do this inside your home..

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You know, for ants, you can just boil water and throw it on top of their nest. They are usually pretty easy to find in your backyard. Instantly kills nearly the entire nest, because the hot boiling water invades all of the corridors in their nest.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Bah, you've ruined it MC, this was supposed to freak Sub out but you had to go ahead and post the Snopes article on it.

-Edit, you too Zeo, you guys fail at this game.
I already knew about that urban legend, and knew it was bull****. Thanks though.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My pics were from the sydney funnel web spider. Its a common house and garden spider in the suburbs. Its large and very aggressive. Females are extremely deadly. If you get bitten by one, you pretty much need antivenom on you. The males however wander around, and you are more likely to encounter. These ones arent as deadly, but they can be known to carry a substance in their saliva which can cause necrosis - just as the brown recluse can.

In Perth, the deadliest things to worry about are Red Back spiders, which are physiologically adapted to breathe like an athlete - they chase things down like a cheetah, and have a really potent venom to go for the kill. A bite from these can be inconspicuous at first, and then you will be in for a world of pain. A bite from a redback means instant hospital trip. Youll find hem in all the dark corners around your house youd expect to find bugs (outside hopefully lol). I dont really have much of an issue with spiders now, if theres one on me and its rather large I would prefer to be rid of it quickly of course, but only when i see a redback do i get on edge. Ill make sure its dead before I take my eyes off of it. Tbh though, Im probably far more likely to step on a tiger snake walking around grassy areas in summer then to get bitten by redback spider ... Thank the flying spaghetti monster that we dont have taipans around here XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom