HL2 Delayed

Best answers
It should be Valve's decision due to the fact its their game and they pay for them to publish their game on a certain date. For vivendi to hold that off just is bs. Me no likey. ;(

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said on page 1, Vivendi said that hl2 was being delayed till the holiday season and then retracted that statement saying that valve is still working to meet the september 30th release date. I have faith in valve's ability to do so considering they kept hl2 a secret for so long.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NeLo.. you know nothing about game publishing, or common sense..

1. The publisher desides when its comeing out, not the game designers
2. They are not going to bring out a game that does not work fully with there own cards, that is just stupid, also common sense that they hold it back to add in the extra surport for the cards.
3. It does not matter to them how late they bring it out, people will still buy it no matter when its out...

-_-

4. Go find a life or something and stop crying some game has been delyed..

Myself, I dont much care when hl2 is comeing out, im looking forward to it as much as the next person, but Im not going to scream, whine, ***** and moan about it a small delay

Best answers
NeLo said:
It should be Valve's decision due to the fact its their game and they pay for them to publish their game on a certain date. For vivendi to hold that off just is bs. Me no likey. ;(
Got that? I know i dont have very good common sense but i know nothing about things being published aight? but you knew that already didnt you o_O ow why you have to flame me like that. Thats not nice. :cry: Ya know its very hard to have a life when ur in the acting buiz. Though you know nothing about so you wouldnt understand nor that much common sense about it... :S

Best answers
Vivendi has say in this because they are Valves release partner.
Also it is better if it worked on the Nvidia card.

Btw

models as necessary. Displacement maps are simpler on the lowend. You can also tag entities as only showing up on specific dx-levels in the maps. On the lowend, you get less lightmap resolution. As for shaders, shaders typically fallback from complex normal-mapped, specular shaders to single pass simple shaders on the lowend.
[18:16] <valve|gary> "What about FSAA?"
[18:16] <valve|gary> Anti-aliased has been fixed on all cards.
[18:16] <valve|gary> "Do you use HLSL or Cg for your dx9 shaders?"
[18:16] <valve|gary> HLSL.
[18:16] <valve|david> You create a brush, and can tesselate any four-sided face or faces to up to 17x17 verts.
The full transcript can be found http://www.hl2db.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35 .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom