HL2 Delayed

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jaredster said:
Who didn't see this one coming from a mile away?
Exactly. ;D
Doom III got pushed back, now HL2, who wasn't expecting both of them?
I really don't care, not until I get my new computer that is capable of running HL2. :]

Best answers
Heh, yea, my card prolly wont be able to support all the shaders and stuff and make it actually look good.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
does any one know what they said your spec's sood be to run half life 2 to good and good looking ?

Best answers
The minimum they said it could run on is like 700 MHZ or something like that.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
700 MHz, DirectX 6 class card (TNT2 Ultra, Voodoo3) and 256MB of ram. That's the minimum. If you want it to look good you need a DirectX 8 class card (GeForce4 ti / ATI Radeon 7xxx). Of course, if you wan't all the bells and whistles, you need a DirectX 9 card. (GeForce FX / ATI Radeon 9xxx)

Best answers
I've read on several diff sites that the delayed release was misscommunication. Valve is still planning to release it Sept. 30'th.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tsunami, Valve have not commented on it... so dont lie. Vivida are the ones who have said it was a "miscoumiaction"(sp?) but did not they it would still be out on the 30th

Best answers
Hey guys.

Breaking News: Download Steam at www.steampowered.com and use that to watch new HL2 clips. They also show what the engine really looks like when it's not being camcorded.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It might not have been delayed after all... Gabe Newell from Valve said that he hadn't even heard of HL2 being delayed.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jaredster said:
Hey guys.

Breaking News: Download Steam at www.steampowered.com and use that to watch new HL2 clips. They also show what the engine really looks like when it's not being camcorded.
Er, News flash, they have been on fileplanet for ages...

Best answers
Well I've got an intergrated video card so im gunna get 10 fps either way........

Best answers
Just wait for the official word, if it goes gold the 13th of september(which is expected to happen), then we get the release the 30th. If not, then we probably wont get it till later this year.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If HL2 IS going to be delayed, it won't be Valve's fault. They're still sticking to the same release date.
The prolem is that Vivendi (the publisher) wants to publish HL2 later than planned.

Best answers
man **** Vivendi. Its not their place to release it when they want. Its valve's ad Vivendi should just publish it and shut the **** up about how they should publish it later...cuz they ****ing lazy thats what they are. :S :\ I mean how many ppl agree that its not Vivendi's place to decide to publish it when they want..i vote hell no, cuz their job is to just publish it and let it go. Rather than say o lets publish it later on this year cuz we are just too lazy to do it right now.. :S

Best answers
Vivendi are the publishers therefore they get to publish when they want. It's common sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom