hit boxes too big ?

Best answers
i think weve all noticed that the hit boxes in esf are a tad big ( u get hit by melee when the person is like 4 meters away from u ) . are they going to be rezised for beta 1.2 ? it might be abit weird with advanced melee to have big hit boxes especially with the grab feature.

Best answers
it might NOT be since the models would have to lean forward to grab,move limbs within the hitboxes

you could say that they are a tad bit big though,I do like them a bit smaller,not only makes us harder to hit,but them too

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They were smaller in the beta test phase, and it was impossible to hit with them.

Best answers
cuc i can understand it would be hard to hit people with smaller hit boxes and using the swoop melee system but im imagining that in 1.2 most of the melee combat will have the players much closer to eachother

Best answers
Yeah i'd like to have the ability to actually kick and punch each other, and actually having to use some technique instead of just punching each other around.. Think that would actually make the maps seem a lot larger too .. ;)

Seems to me that making random suggestions about the current melee system is kinda useless until we've seen 1.2 melee...

Best answers
"cuc i can understand it would be hard to hit people with smaller hit boxes and using the swoop melee system but im imagining that in 1.2 most of the melee combat will have the players much closer to eachother"

How would u know that in 1.2 melee system the players would be much closer to each other? Are you getting secret information that every1 else isnt? or are you just guessing?

Best answers
"cuc i can understand it would be hard to hit people with smaller hit boxes and using the swoop melee system but im imagining that in 1.2 most of the melee combat will have the players much closer to eachother"

i am just assuming it based on some of the pictures released on 1.2 advanced melee.

Best answers
"How would u know that in 1.2 melee system the players would be much closer to each other? Are you getting secret information that every1 else isnt? or are you just guessing?"

That was meant as a joke and was meant to sound "sarcastic" lmao.
Sorry if you took it to the heart or took it in the wrong way.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
PcJoe already stated that what was seen in the dev Journal is just a small taste of what's to come. So no one can really say anything about it yet.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hit boxes are only too big if you're trying to hit someone head on. Any other time you're trying to hit someone they're quite frequently too small for the speed you're traveling at, particularly while arcing around your opponent, particularly after transformation. Also to the best of my knowledge they were downsized from 1.0, though not intentionally so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom