Hinata - Half-Life 2

Best answers
the side view looks like she's clinged (is that a word?) her buttcheeks together..

Best answers
Hinata's uptight what can I say.

Sorry for a bit of pixelation, I'll make nicer renders once I get the UVs done. ( Not welded together yet)

Here's a spinaround video as well :
http://media.putfile.com/Spin-39

Edit #1 - Made the face animatable. Polycount is a little higher then I wanted it to be but I'm willing to settle at this price for the nice animatable mouth, holster and strings.

Onward to Uvmapping.
Edit #2 - Done UVmap - I managed to lower the count to --3040-- when I finished the UV.

Edit #3 - Texture in Progress

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If its supposed to be cell-shaded its waaay to under-detailed.

D2

Polygon Pusher
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
davidhalo said:
Edit #3 - Texture in Progress

[/IMG]
@ ShadyD

Says enough don't it :p

And about the model I like it, but like some other guys said.. the shoulders seem a bit on the lowish side. but it could turn out different when rigged.

Best answers
Not Cel-Shaded, just did the base and will work on it more later on. Hmm I'll adjust the shoulders when I get the rig setup. I'm sure the difference will be seen there. Thanks for all the C&C, more is always appreciated and updates are on the way later today

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I don't usually make comments in this section, but that model is very good :yes:

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice stuff David =)

Just the neck/shoulder thing bothers me a little, try to imagin the neck connecting to the shoulders and you'll find the problem and will know how to fix it :smile:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
D2 said:
@ ShadyD

Says enough don't it :p

And about the model I like it, but like some other guys said.. the shoulders seem a bit on the lowish side. but it could turn out different when rigged.
IF it were cell-shaded the model would need more detail on the model for some shadows.. Whereas the texture would just place shadows on 1 particular spot no matter how the model is lighted, get my point?

Best answers
i agree with the fact that you gotta cut some "folds" for shadows... but...

ShadyD said:
Whereas the texture would just place shadows on 1 particular spot no matter how the model is lighted, get my point?
i realy dont get your point if you ask me =o

Best answers
Now now, lets not turn this into argument about cell-shading, especially when the model is not gonna get cell shaded.
The model itself looks great. And only thing that bothers me now is the thing SV that pointed out. You could try fixing it by raising his shoulders just a bit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
-Nataku- said:
i agree with the fact that you gotta cut some "folds" for shadows... but...

i realy dont get your point if you ask me =o
If the shadows are textured on, the shadows will stay in one place. If it is modelled on the shadows are generated by an engine and will change constantly depending on the engine, lighting, angle etc

Best answers
a yeah that s true : ] now when you explained clearer : p.
yep yep shadys right, i model every little fold to achive that effect : p

Best answers
@ SV : I made some slight changes but it's still unnoticable I think the rig setup will fix that right up so we'll see when I get there how it looks. A pleasure to get your crits as always

@ ShadyD : It's not celshaded and i will be adding detail for the folds and so on. Texturing at a high speed isn't my fortay so it might be a bit before the results are as good as I'll hope they'll be. Hinata's shirt doesn't have many folds in it so they'll be a bit bland until I throw some tests in-game and see the results. Thanks =D

As for right now I slacked a bit on texturing, I finished both pouches and shaded a little bit here and there but over all I'm a slacking texture artist but while slacking on that I made up for it by creating a full out rig. This is why I gave the model an overdose of detail, not only to look good, but to animate well as well.

Notes : If you're going to use bones, make sure they're wide, I just like thin bones for some reason : /

As you can see the face, hair and strings all get their own bones and I'll be adding some I think for the Kunai Pouch as well. Evertyhing is WiP as always

ONWARD!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HL2 does the facial animation with morphs if im not mistaken.. Don't be surprised if im wrong, oh and i know it wasnt going to be cell-shaded, u said that in your last post but i was explaining my point to nataku.

Before you rig her.. fix that damn neck! ;p

Best answers
Sexy. I love hinata. I want to use her in HL2. I hope it's released. gj keep it up.

Best answers
Small Update :

Rig Complete, Face, Bandana, Holsters and Hair Texture are pretty much done ImO.

Running out of time here and there to work on this so tomorrow night I think I'll go Super Skinner and see how much I can get done. So far so good I think, one of my better works if not my bestest.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
definitly one of your better works, too bad you didnt model in toes.
Keep it up

Best answers
Well since I wanted to have a little fun I decided to try and texture a Byakugan face.

Might influence the veins a bit more and adjust them but I like the way it looks so far. The mouth is animatable so making her mad was just as easy as grabbing two bones and woosh!

And of course to show I'm not slacking that much a little texture update, still working on refining it so any C&C would be appreciated ( Keep in mind I'm not a good skinner, definitely not my fortay )

In my opinion I like the way it came out but still I'd love to hear your opinions.

Since I'm an animator/rigger first and foremost I decided to test out a few poses just for kicks.

Not much to say about em. I'm going to make a few video renders within the next couple days
to show how the strings/hair is animated and possibly a short animation of randomness!

It's still a W.I.P so any C&C is appreciated as always.

Best answers
starting to look very hawt dude..
Comment on the veins.There should be way less veins adn make em bigger in general.
I also noticed the headband iron is quite on the small side..

reeeeaaally loving the 3th pose XD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom