Hinata - Half-Life 2

Best answers
Well I'm gonna start trying to develop more stuff for Half-Life 2 so I can get more experience rigging face bones and such ( Enix's Naruto was a complete blast for facial rigging ) So I decided to start on my fav female character of the series, Hinata.

My Drawn Concept : ( Refs Used ( ZOMG her face was hard to get just right )

Le Start : ( Eyes only modelled on for show, hopefully I'll be able to do some nice eyes by end )

Best answers
OMG nice reference! Maybe its just me..But the fring thingies need to be more upfront. Face might be a bit wide or im crazy. 75% Chance im crazy though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nice ortho refs mate.
The side llooks uncomfortable but thats not really important.
Not much to crit on yet, even less witouth wires ;)

Best answers
I Rz nOOb. Here R Wirez1! lOlz At Polyz! HaRe BlaMmeD!!1

The hair poly count is going to be tremendously slashed down after I'm done the neck,
just wanted to get the hair based and done for now.
I'm aiming for about...psshhh... 2800 tri, max, said and done.

I tried adjusting the face but after a while I did notice that the proportions were fine.
I just gotta get modelling the rest of it so it'll look all evened out. The 'Chibi'er type face
then adult face gives it that look of chubiness soooo until the next update you will all suffer!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i know its a wip but there is no flow to be seen in there o_O
HL2 polycount doesnt mean reach 4-5k even if u have to waste it!

Best answers
The Hair and Face will remain two seperate objects, they will not be attached therefore I was not worried about the flow from one another. I'm aiming for 2.8k so that it won't abuse the HL2 engine to it's fullest. Still pretty high but better then anything over 3k.

Sorry for the poor flow, kinda rushing this job a bit. I'm going to go about the hair either in one of two ways. Slash polys until they scream and run away and the count is lowered tremendously, or just redo the hair entirely. I'm content with the face as is for now.

Update :

*Has visions of bump mapped byakugan dancing in his head*

Best answers
Lookin' good, the ref is pretty accurate and good also. Only thing I can say is like someone said above theres not much flow, and I think theres alot of wasted polies in the hair.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im sure you will cut em later halo
I'd suggest cutting in some edges to form loops THAN get rid of em, the results you have now are really good, Wouldn't wanna lose that ;)

Best answers
More Progress :

Arms are done and everything is looking good with a slightly less polycount then expected to make up for the overuse in the face. Once the base is done then I'll begin cutting the face for some nice edge loops for good deforming. I'm pretty confident this will be one of my better models.

I know by not making the 'thick' bands on the arms and put the banada on a 2d plane would use a hell of a lot less poly but I like the look of it with more poly usage, and as stated before the polycount on the head will be lowered.

Best answers
the nose looks a bit pointy from the side view, you should add at least one more row of polies.
if its for hl2 make sure you model the metal part of the protector, looks kinda cheap with colored polies so far,dunno if you where planing that ^^
the lower part of the jacket look quite unnatural ( | | to / \ )

other than that, its coming along really nice

Best answers
Final Update For Tonight :

Poly slashing on hair to commence very soon I just gotta figure out a good way to lay it all out
while still keeping the detail, it'll occur to me overnight. C&C always appreciated.

Noticed :
- Feet. Made them longer.
- Deform. Back of legs are being fixed for deforming purposes.
- Shirt. Made it look more baggy from an angle.
- I'm tired as hell and going to bed =D

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Looking good.. Her neck, imo, looks abit too long, though it may just be me.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont like the way how the legs are positionated (is there such a word? lol)

maybe move them more back to get a natural look, looks good!

Best answers

Count is at 2958. Before I add those strings it's time for some slashing =D.
Followed for the best part most crits given, only thing now is to go nuts slashing.

C & C always appreciated

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The neck is still too long or the shoulders are too low. Other then it, it makes a good resemblence.

Best answers
PiXel said:
i dont like the way how the legs are positionated (is there such a word? lol)

maybe move them more back to get a natural look, looks good!
Maybe you meant positioned?

Ontopic: She looks a bit chubby. Might be because the legs are bit too small on my opinion... Otherwise looks really great.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah her legs are way too short, make em longer and she'll look a lot better.

Best answers

Crits Used :
- Legs Yanked
- Hippier Hips
- Neck Broken
- Liposuction

Best answers
I think you should maker her chest area putrude out more like in your concept.

Best answers
Ryeko said:
I think you should maker her chest area putrude out more like in your concept.
Done. When I post the next side view you will notice more 'boob' and less baggyness on the shirt. Took a break from it for now updates will come later tonight C&C still appreciated like always.

Tri count is 2904 now with keeping the hair nice and Kunai Pouch. Gotta keep slashing *Continues*

Small Edits + 2nd Pouch : 2934

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom